[RELEASE] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

I manually removed everything via the Groovy IDE.

Hello. Thank you for all your time and effort into creating this app. It’s what I’ve been looking for. I’m new to ST and can find my way around most things. But I can’t seem to get past this step:

Finalizing Installation on SmartThings Mobile

It says to use the mobile App but I can’t find the Marketplace tab or the Smart Apps tab. Everything is installed and OAuth is setup. I just don’t know what to do next.

Thank you

Update: I seemed to have stumbled upon what I was looking for. In order to see these items, I had to go and start to create a routine. It was in the Discover tab. Once I did that, I had to relink to my Ecobee account. Then the thermostats came in.

My goal is that I want to be able to change the thermostats to AWAY when I leave the house. But all I see is the ability to set a temperature which doesn’t help me. Is there something I’m missing?

Thank you

Not sure if you are looking at the old instructions for the Legacy SmartThings App, but the Smart Apps are now on the Automations Tab. There are three accordions on this page, Scenes, Routines and SmartApps (scroll to the bottom). Hope that helps.

Thanks Jim. I didn’t have the SmartApps accordion on the automations page until I tried to create a new Routine. I scrolled to the bottom and that was where I found the SmartApps. It seems like the documentation I’ve been finding is for the old software.

That is odd and I am guessing a bug, as I am sure there are people that might add a SmartApp before adding a routine. I never ran into that, as I migrated all of my routines from the legacy app to the new one.

Anyway, you are trying to do the same thing that I use the Ecobee Suite Manager for (i.e. setting your Ecobee thermostats to Away when you leave home, using your phone as a presence sensor). What you want to use is the Mode/Routine/Switches/Program Helper. When you go into the Ecobee Suite Manager (in the SmartApps menu), select the Helper SmartApps tab and select this one from the list. The settings are pretty intuitive to get this working.

1 Like

I have installed ES from GitHub and it shows on mobile but when I try authorize via Ecobee Suite Manager>Ecobee API Authotrization>Ecobee Account Authorization I’m getting immediate invalid_token xml error… Not seeing how to fix it, I disabled 2FA on ecobee, waited a day, tried both iOS and android but it’s not helping.