[OBSOLETE] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

Anyone else having erratic temp holds being applied to their Ecobee without any rhyme or reason? My thermostat is going berserk, it keeps changing the setpoint for cooling to the thermostat max value of 92F which is cycling my HVAC on when I try to call 78F and then moments later it’s off again (after the run delay to push out the cool air in the system).

Only thing I changed was my Contacts and Switches helper which I changed from turning the Thermostat mode to off to changing the setpoint up 2 degrees. On mobile I don’t have the + symbol exposed on the keyboard because the entry context is numerical. I assume if I enter “2” it acts as a “raise 2 degrees” value and if I enter “-2” it would lower? I do have the minus/dash exposed ok the entry context for numbers.

Oh, maybe I also changed the circulation mode if it was 10 degrees hotter outside to make circulation mode changes. Hmm.

I tried pausing all helpers last night and it was still making erratic changes to setpoints. Ecobee says it’s Ecobee Suite that’s calling for the setpoint changes.

Hi there, I installed the Ecobee Suite Manager for the first time via the ST Community Installer and followed the instructions…pretty straight forward. However following the installation, in the SmartThings IDE > SmartApps, I noticed that the Ecobee Suite Manager is Unpublished, and most of the added “subset” secondary apps had a published status.

That said, within the new ST app (iOS), I cannot find the Ecobee Suite Manger to Add, only the secondary apps (“install using Ecobee Suite Manager only”) appears. Any ideas on how to resole this? Thanks!

The Community Installer has been flakey for quite some time…

If any of the SmartApps or Device Handlers show up as “Unpublished” in your IDE, then you will have to open each one, Save it, then click on “Publish / For Me”… Once you do that, you should be able to find Ecobee Suite Manager in the list of apps you can install.

Thank you! It worked :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delayed response.

If the problem persists, please set the logging level to 4 (in ES Manager), and then capture the Live Logging for the Helper, the Thermostat and ES Manager around the time that the erratic behaviour occurs. PM them to me, and I’ll have a look to see what’s going on…

Thanks Barry…I got it to work. The only small glitch now is I can’t seem to delete the native Ecobee Connect app (tried several times to delete from the iOS app). I remapped everything over to the Ecobee Suite manager and want to avoid duplicate sensors and thermostats. I may have to call ST to have them remove it manually unless you can suggest a solution? Cheers!

Hi Barry,

Can you please lend a hand as I am unable to get the Hold Action working as described.

I have followed your detailed instructions on GitHub.

I have installed Ecobee Suite Mgr V1.8.53

Am currently running the Ecobee app V1.7.67.29 on Droid.

In the IDE I have given OAuth but when I make a temp change through ST, I always get ‘Holding’ no matter what preference I choose in your smart app. It seems to have no effect on the hold duration.

I have selected my thermostats in your app and tried every different hold action but the result is the same, I still get ‘Holding’ each time ST makes a temp change.

I have signed in with the smart app and the Ecobee API shows it is connected.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

I guess I don’t understand your question.

When you change a set point, you are by definition creating a Hold event for the new set point. What exactly are you trying to do, and how are you trying to do it?

I am trying set the hold type to, Until Next Program in your app and get my ecobee3 lite to follow it but it won’t.

It always goes to holding when I change the temp in ST, no matter what hold type I set in your app’s preferences.

I have fixed the issue but ironically probably didn’t need this smart app to do what I wanted.

Ecobee support helped me find the setting in the new ST app to set the hold type.

Device > Settings > Hold Type

Ecobee Suite Updated September 1 2021 at 8:14am EDT

Fixes:

• Changing setpoints in the “in-between” temp range now works

File changed:

• Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.8.25

These changes are recommended for all Smart Mode users

Hi, I was wondering if the latest release is still classic smarthings app only? I was ready to install until I read the installation note at github.

Thanks

Works fine with the new app

My Ecobee just disconnected from Ecobee Suite. When I try to reauthorize it I get the following error.

ESM version 1.8.53

Man… same thing.

Access Denied here too.

I tried adding the thermostat using the official method and got the same error. Hopefully just an Ecobee issue.

Edit. status.ecobee.com shows that it’s an API outage.

There is (was) an Ecobee API server issue. I believe it may be resolved now (as of about 4:25pm EST, dependent upon your Ecobee API Server’s location).

If you leave Ecobee Suite running, it SHOULD automatically recover once the API issue is resolved (both of my instances recovered themselves).

I don’t think the native SmartThings (or Hubitat) integrations will auto-recover, as their implementations are not as robust about retrying failed connections. YMMV, of course - you may have to re-authenticate once the Ecobee issue is resolved.

Hopefully, MOST Ecobee Suite users will never even know there was an outage today…

2 Likes

Ecobee service is back

Is there a way to set the ecobee’s humidity mode between On/Off/Frost Control?

I would like to setup a webcore trigger that turns the humidifier Off if one of my doors or windows is open and then back On when they get closed. I did figure out howto trigger a fan on a smart outlet if the Operating State changes to Heating or Cooling.

These are the options I see for the ecobee when creating a WEbcore trigger:

TIA