[RELEASE] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

Barry, youre a rockstar…I really appreciate the time you put into this software. I have been using it for a while now and today I noticed that some of my automations no longer worked…so I updated the suite and I noticed that in the Smart Mode smartapp, it will no longer allow me to use the indoor temperature setpoints to change the mode( it’s a crucial addition that I really liked). It says you should be able to and there a “button” for it but it’s “greyed” out, and gives you no options when you tap it. Is it just a bug or it that a feature you later decided to remove?

Hi Barry,
Thank you so much for this app I have been using it for the last year. However it seems like new smart mode, program and setpoint helper used to have a indoor temp. For example I set outside temp from the sensor if it is below 68 turn on the heat to 75 and if it is above 78 turn it to cool to 75. What is happening is that the inside temp will rise to like 80 when it is set to heat and it gets too hot. I guess having two hvac units? I thought there used to be something that said something like if it gets to like 78 inside then cool it down. I am using auto right now but it is not really what I want because you have specify that range instead of saying try to keep it at 75. I hope that makes sense and you could point me to the right direction. Thanks Barry!

First Thank you for wonderful smartapp ! I’m using Ecobee Suite version 1.8.47 (Ecobee Suite Thermostat 1.8.17) and it’s working great so far except smart mode. it says
"(warn) Requested Thermostat Mode (“auto”) is not supported by EcobeeTherm: "
"Can you fix this ? Thanks!

I’m having a bit of a hard time following the recent conversation, with “Mode” referring to multiple things. I performed the install, and everything looks fine, but I don’t see any way to change the mode to “Home” or “Away”. Unfortunately, this functionality was the whole reason I am trying this custom code out.

Is this supposed to be an included feature, or did I misunderstand? My goal is to be able to change the mode to “Away” in SmartThings when I leave, and back to “Home” when I arrive. The built-in handler for Ecobee does not allow this, nor does the integration with Google Home or Alexa. It seems that IFTTT is the only official integration that allows you to change to “Home” or “Away” mode. Based on the upcoming IFTTT account changes, I’m hoping there is an unofficial integration that will allow this in SmartThings.

Thanks

Update: Never mind. I realize now that I need to use one of the “Helpers” to do this.

Yes, the helper can allow you to do this. I use Life360 as our presence sensors. When everyone is sensed as being away, ST changes the location mode to Away which triggers Ecobee suite sensor to change the thermostat to Away.

1 Like

So the smart mode smartapp is now acting weirdly with 1.8.22 update…it is actually changing the mode based on the indoor temp, problem is…I didn’t set it up to do that, nor can I access the indoor temp setpoint menu. I have 2thermostats and on the upstairs one I used to use the indoor temp setpoint to change the mode, but all of the sudden I lost that functionality with one of the recent updates. Now with the 1.8.22 update the downstairs thermostat is changing mode based on indoor temp and I never set that one to do that, that one was always set to change based on outdoor temp

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)