[OBSOLETE] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

Thanks, Got it. Back in business. Not sure why i did not think to look there!

I am interested in the same question as I see the migration notice. Specifically, is it safe and recommended to migrate Ecobee Suite to the new app? Is there anything we should be aware of when doing that?

Thanks.

Works perfect in the new app. If you want remote sensors to show temp on the dashboard instead of motion, you can edit theses lines on the DTH:

mnmn: “SmartThingsCommunity”,
vid: “4a31c6b1-57cf-3591-bc17-dfb07e1d9641”,

@storageanarchy changing those two lines in your device handler for sensor, did not change dashboard, however it fixed F/C temperature. It shows correct temperature in F. It still shows C on temrostat dasboard

Bumping this!

You need to change the DTH for each sensor in the IDE to something else, then change it back. The new app caches things unfortunately. Here’s how mine look now:

Unfortunately, still shows motion first as primary

Sorry, I missed two other changes I made:

mnmn:         	"SmartThingsCommunity",          
    vid:          	"4a31c6b1-57cf-3591-bc17-dfb07e1d9641",        
    ocfDeviceType:	"x.com.st.d.sensor.temperature",
    cstHandler:     true,

The ocf I believes also influences the dashboard display. No idea what cstHandler does, but some of my other working custom DTHs I’m using that as well.

I updated the SmrtApp and DH this week (as it had been…a while…and I needed to b/c of the new Google Home changes).

Initially all looks well, but I can no longer adjust the temp via Google Home. Google Home shows the temp and mode as if all is well, but changing it does nothing - and in fact, if I change it via the Ecobee app or ST (which both work fine), the change isn’t reflected in Google Home (update, it is - just took a bit). I changed the name via the IDE and the new name is shown in GH - so it’s indeed communicating some things.

When I try and adjust the temp via GH and look at Live Logging in the IDE there is no attempt made - nothing shows up at all (no setHold() or anything else).

I’ve also tried reconnecting the GH account and re-syncing. Everything else seems to work fine - it’s just this, and the only change has been the updating of the SmartApp and DH.

Anything I’m missing that I should try?

The above is only for the sensor DTH, not the thermostat DTH.

Why not use the Google Home ecobee skill to control the thermostat (assume they have one? I only use Alexa). Take ST out of the equation. One more point of failure.

If I connect Ecobee directly to GH I’m sure I can (it indeed supports that). I’d always run it this way without any issue until updating (I was previously on 1.7x) and would prefer to continue that so there is only a single connection to Ecobee, rather than having two, and hiding the ST Ecobee/Ecobee Suite and all sensors from GH when connecting GH and SmartThings.

My apologies, all.

I have not been able to be responsive to your requests and inquiries over the past 2 weeks because I am in the midst of moving from New England to Florida. In the process, I have totally dismantled my home automation system, including my own Ecobee integration. It will likely be at least 2-3 more weeks before my wife and I have settled the necessities in our new home, and then I will be able to turn my attention back to my Ecobee Suite.

I know this is a bad time for me to be off-line, given the impending EOL for SmartThings Classic. Fortunately, members of the Ecobee Suite community have stepped forward to help out with some of the UI display challenges, and I will roll them back into the code when I am able to be “back.”

The only other significant impact of the migration is the loss of Routines, which many use to initiate Comfort setting (aka climate or program) changes on the thermostat. Fortunately, the work around for this is already in place, because I had to deal with it when I added Hubitat support. The solution lies in the use of virtual switches for each of the various comfort settings/climates/programs that you want to utilize. You have the various “scenes” turn ON the appropriate virtual switch (e.g. Home), and you create a ES Routine/Mode/Switch/Program Helper that watches for that switch to turn on as its trigger. You will also want each Scene to turn OFF the unused virtual switches when it runs (e.g., Away, Sleep, …).

I do hope to re-engage with Ecobee Suite on BOTH platforms, but in my new home Hubitat will be my primary platform. I intend to continue to maintain SmartThings support however, because most of the appliances and televisions in our new home are Samsung smart devices (I will continue to use HubConnect to share states and actions between SmartThings and Hubitat, as needed).

So, sorry for the silence and the lack of active updates for my Ecobee Suite. I will be back, but meanwhile it is refreshing to see that the community is actively helping each other through the transition.

Barry
10 Likes

I’ve been holding out on migrating to the new app as long as possible to wait for bugs to settle out and some of the missing features to be added. I’ve had the migrate flag showing in the classic app for a couple weeks but have not done it yet. I did install the new iOS Smartthings app though to see what it looks like. When I open the new app I see duplicate ecobee sensors with an Offline status. I’m unable to delete them using the app. Has anyone else seen this? And will it straighten itself out when I do the migration? I’d like to make sure the devices are correct before I spend any time migrating.

Where do I find the Ecobee suite dth?

You’ve provided a free feature to Samsung Smartthings that I have relied upon for years, thank you for the continued support!

I also migrated recently to the new app, and ran into a few bugs but will wait it out as it’s nothing critical.

I tried this, but it wouldn’t work.

Hi Barry,

I am new to SmartThings. I attempted to install Ecobee Suite Manager yesterday, and everything worked fine, but I cannot complete the installation. I got as far as connecting to my Ecobee account in the new ST app. Gave it a name “Ecobee Suite Manager”. I hit ‘Done’ then ‘Done’ again, I received a msg sating “Something went wrong. Please try to install the SmartApp again.” I tried reinstalling and same problem. I also verified all are Published in the IDE. I tried to remove, but it won’t. When I go into my ST SmartApps, at the bottom I see it under the title, “Setup Not complete”.

When I go in classic, I see it in SmartApps/MyApps. When I click Save, it says "Device is in use. Remove from any SmartApps or dashboards, then try again. When I try to Remove, I get unexpected Error. Not sure what to do at this point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don’t seem to be getting notifications anymore when the Suite Manager changes the thermostat program. I have two routines that change the program based on the mode of the location. I’ve verified that programs are changing both at the thermostat and via the Ecobee history, but nothing in the thermostat history in ST app nor any notifications. It was working previously.

Please read the FAQ document on my GitHub repository for Ecobee Suite.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but as I explained in my earlier post, I am unable to work on this for a few weeks…

Many subtle things seem to have changed with SmartThings’ move away from Classic…