I am pleased to announce the general availability of the Ecobee Suite, version 1.8.01.
This release delivers a number of significant new features, updates, and bug fixes, including:
- A New Smart Humidity Helper
- A new, improved look and feel for ES Manager and all of the ES Helpers, with many Hubitat-specific design components
- Significantly improved performance (and reduced overhead) running on both Hubitat & SmartThings platforms
- New integration between the Smart Room and Smart Vents helpers
- New APIs for adding and removing sensors to programs, including the ability to atomically update all changes in a single API call (
- A first pass at HubConnect Custom Drivers for both the ES Thermostat and ES Sensor devices. (These will be extended once the current HubConnect Beta is complete)
- Tons of bug fixes, correcting many nagging issues
- Numerous user-requested enhancements, including:
- Now supports both Residential and Commercial Ecobee accounts
- Smart Vents supports the use of Virtual Thermostats to set the target temperatures for a room
- (more after I get the release notifications posted)…
The comprehensive list of updates is too large and complex to document here, but I have also updated the documentation to reflect the latest updates - see the README.md in the Ecobee Suite GitHub repository (linked below).
This release can (and should) be installed directly on top of your currently running environment. Hubitat users are advised to use the Import function to get the latest code, while SmartThings users can either use the SmartThings/GitHub integration, or the SmartThings Application Installer.
As always, the latest code can be found here:
Please post comments, feedback and issues here on this thread…