[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Ron -

Use “Import”. Hubitat will remember the source location for Apps, and I’ve coded in the source location in the two Drivers - so all you have to do is open each file, Import, and Save…

1 Like

I’m going to need to know what information you need to know…

It’s failing again tonight.

Allison -

Please understand that I have no way to look at your installation of SmartThings or Ecobee Suite Manager, so I need you to be my eyes and describe the situation for me so that I can help you.

Let’s start by describing what you are trying to accomplish, and how you have configured things to make this happen, and what isn’t working as you expect it should?

Then I’ll need the following:

1. What date and time did this failure occur?
  2. Ecobee was down at times yesterday - first for some issues, then for some maintenance. If Ecobee’s servers are unavailable or unreachable, my Ecobee Suite can’t make the thermostat do anything. It will try to replay any failed commands once the servers are available again.
    a. Were you able to use the Ecobee Mobile app to control the thermostat at the time it was “failing?”
    b. Did you check https://status.ecobee.com/ to see if there were any issues at the time of your failure?
  3. SmartThings also has been suffering some outages since July 27, and there are issues that are not yet resolved, according to an email I received from them this morning.
    a. Did you check https://status.smartthings.com to see if there were any outagees there at the time of your failure?
  4. What are the version numbers of ES Manager and ES Thermostat that you are using?
  5. Which ES Helper are you using?
    a. What version is it?
    b. How is it configured - could you send me a screen shot of the configuration pages?
  6. Have you looked at the Live Logging for ES Manager, ES Thermostat, and the Helper(s) to see if any Errors or Warnings are flagged when it “fails?”
    a. If so, can you send me (PM) the relevant log entries?

That should be enough to get me started…

2 Likes

Hey Barry, I found a couple bugs:

Smart Mode 1.7.16: The status message (Off - Hold: Home) is being appended and not replaced resulting in multiples of it in the name

Thermal Comfort 1.7.13: New instances don’t show the notification configuration section. Existing instances error and can’t load the configuration section.

java.util.NoSuchElementException: Cannot access first() element from an empty List @line 208 (doCall)

Thanks, Richard - glad to have you here on both platforms (I’m still running both as well).

Fixes for both issues posted - Smart Mode 1.7.17 and Thermal Comfort 1.7.14

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Updates posted on 2 August 2019 at 11:10am EDT

Two fixes posted:

• Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.17
    • On SmartThings only, wasn’t properly updating the appLabel (wasn’t clearing old context when it wasn’t (paused)
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort, version 1.7.14
    • Wasn’t displaying Notifications options for new or existing instances

These fixes are highly recommended for all users of these two Helpers

I had mine set to change based on Mode. When the thermostat failed to change to the sleeping comfort setting the other night, I was able to trigger it manually from the device screen in SmartThings. I subsequently changed the app so that it changes based on Routine instead of Mode and that seems to have resolved whatever the problem was. Both times I’ve had issues, I’ve made sure the app and handler were updated to the latest version. If it fails again, I’ll note the time and get all of the other information.

This morning, I noticed my virtual thermostat shows as “Unavailable” in the SmartThings app. Suspecting that Ecobee was having server problems again, I logged into their app and everything is operating ok, in fact the thermostat’s status is ok in the SmartThings app as well. So I went on over to the IDE and clicked on the virtual thermostat and it shows Status: HUB_DISCONNECTED. All other devices on my hub are operating fine.

It’s a bug in SmartThings. Either turn off SmartThings Health Check, or ignore the error for your Ecobee devices…if they are working, the hub isn’t disconnected.

Thanks again, Barry. As usual, you have the answer. I wanted to rule that status question out before asking for clarification on another thing I see frequently. When my contacts and Switches tries to turn HVAC back on when all are closed, I frequently see “reservations prevent running HVAC On actions” in my notification but I can’t figure out where that reservation is coming from. Frequently, the HVAC stays in the Off state, which is incorrect. How would I best tell where the state reservation is coming from? Is it possible to provide that information in the Notification?

I can look into doing that, but I probably can’t get to it soon.

You can see the reservations if you look at the atomicState variables for Ecobee Suite Manager: in the IDE, go to “My Locations” at the top, then click on “smartapps”. Scroll down to ES Manager, then right-click to open the status page in another tab or window. You should see the list in “reservations” under “State”.

Let me know what you find - there may be a bug in one of the Helpers that isn’t releasing the reservations correctly…

Barry,
I have a webcore piston that I have that I can manually turn on to trigger 2 of my thermostats to circulate air for a particular set of time. I am getting this error in smartthings trying to execute it.
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: currrentThermostatHold for class: script_dth_1898af2936d2cab2f7c890508bd54937c0d3740268bc742cc223dddce4d007d7 @line 2720 (setThermostatFanMode)

Any ideas what it could be?

Ilya -

What versions of Ecobee Suite Manager and Ecobee Suite Thermostat are you running?

The error indicates an improper reference to currentThermostatHold at line 2720, but the first use of that variable is at line 2774, so I suspect you are running older code. Could you please try with the latest releases of everything and see if the problem is still there?

I thought that might be it as well and I took the latest update. 1.7.29 but am still getting the error. I am not sure if there is a way to clear cache, or something else… I can’t even run it directly from the Smartthings Ecobee Suite app directly. Getting the same error. So at least that eliminates webcore as the culprit.

So, what is the line number of the Error occurrence with the latest code?

And when you say “I can’t even run it from the SmartThings Ecobee Suite app directly”, what exactly are you trying to run?

Error from Smartthings:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: currrentThermostatHold for class: script_dth_1898af2936d2cab2f7c890508bd54937c0d3740268bc742cc223dddce4d007d7 @line 2720 (setThermostatFanMode)

I am just trying to turn the fan to On and thats when it’s throwing that error.

That error is still for a prior version of my code - because the line number is the same as before…

Are you sure that you installed the code to your proper IDE account on SmartThings, then saved the code, and then published the code?

I’ll certainly look into that next time I see the issue, but can you clarify for me exactly what to right-click on? I couldn’t find a “status” anywhere I looked in the IDE for the smartapp.

Right-click on the link named “Ecobee Suite Manager”…

I have just made the switch from Nest to Ecobee as my Gen1 was causing an issue and have tried the Ecobee Suite Manager.

I am just getting started with it, of course. My one question. My motion sensors are linked to SmartThings.

How can I expose them to the Ecobee for auto-away. I cannot seem to find that option.

Thank you