[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

I need help in setting the running program (comfort setting) based on the Location mode is changed. I have set up 3 instances of Mode Helpers: away, home and night then run the program away, home and sleep. I also set the polling time to 1 minutes. It seems straight forward but i can not get the Helpers activate properly. It hits and misses when the Location mode is changed? Most of the time the Location mode is changed, nothing happened!

Thank you

Try the version 1.7.07 of ecobee-suite-routines.groovy and let me know if it solves the problem for you…

I installed the suite last night. I update eco suite routine to 1.7.07 and it works now. However, i also have work from home helper. Work from home (version 1.7.04) is still working but it sends duplicates sms messages (i enable sms notification to my phone), with eco suite routine 1.7.06, i only got 1 sms notification.

Thank you for your help.

I am unable to duplicate this issue. By chance do you perhaps have two different instances of the Working From Home Helper configured? If so, they would show up in Ecobee Suite Manager under the Helper SmartApps tab (the first list is your configured Helpers, down at the bottom is the list of helpers that you can create). You might also find that there are two Working From Home apps when you look at live logging…

It is my bad.

Thank you

1 Like

Universal Ecobee Suite updates posted 30 May 2019 at 9:30am

These updates improve performance and reliability.

These are the key updates:

• Ecobee Suite Manager (ecobee-suite-manager.groovy) version 1.7.10.
    • Significantly improved performance, scalability and efficiency for collecting, detecting and delivering updates to the Thermostat device
    • Optimized order of delivery for setpoints & climates (update the setpoints first, then update the Program/Climate/Schedule - this ensures that apps get a consistent view of the state when monitoring thermostat program changes).
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat (`ecobee-suite-thermostat.groovy) version 1.7.09
    • Optimized order of setpoints/climates changes
    • Fixed weatherIcon/timeOfDay update issues
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches Helper (ecobee-suite-open-contacts) version 1.7.04
    • IMPORTANT NOTICE!!! Users may need to re-configure existing instances of this Helper in order for them to continue working after installation
  • Ecobee Suite Quiet Time Helper (ecobee-suite-quiet-time.groovy) version 1.7.01
    • HE Platform optimizations
  • Ecobee Suite Mode/Routines/Switches/Program Helper (ecobee-suite-routines) version 1.7.08
    • Notifications texts shortened
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation (ecobee-suite-smart-circulation) version 1.7.02
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort Helper (ecobee-suite-thermal-comfort.groovy) version 1.7.04
    • Prohibit adjustments while in Vacation mode
    • Prevent duplicate notifications

These updates are Mandatory for ALL users…

1 Like

Everything appears to be operating properly Barry. Thanks for all your help and your money saving app!

1 Like

Hi Barry, first of all thanks for the amazing work you do!

I have upgraded from 1.6.x to 1.7.10 and found that communication with ecobee, apparently particularly regarding set points, does not seem to be reliable anymore. E.g. if I change a set point on the physical thermostat it does not update on the ST app or in the Device States in the IDE. Same thing the other way around, a set point change in the Ecobee Suite (e.g. using the arrows) will show in the IDE Device States but not “make it though” to ecobee. Other parameters such as actual temperature, operating state and humidity seem to stay in sync just fine.

Any idea what may be going on?

Thank you!

First, I always suggest that you double check that you copied all the files (14 in total) and that you published them as well.

Next, have a look in the Live Logging for the thermostat device and for the ES Manager - are there any (red) Errors? If so, please send them to me (pm is best).

Thanks!
Barry

FWIW I can see some of the symptoms you describe, so I probably screwed something up with this morning’s updates. Unfortunately I’m on the road for a few hours and can’t get to my computer to have a look.

My apologies -

Hey Barry,
I found an error in ES Manager during polling in relation to setpoints:

I did some more testing and it seems adjusting the setpoint from ES Manager works after all. However getting the actual setpoint from ecobee during polling consistently returns the error above.

Hope this helps narrowing down the issue…

Thanks for the prompt response!

It maybe has something to do with the Thermal Comfort Helper also. It seems to send a set point with 2 decimals which apparently does not go through to ecobee.

I have a fix for the problems you reported coming soon…

Universal Ecobee Suite updates posted 31 May 2019 at 2:45pm

These updates improve performance and reliability.

These are the key updates:

• Ecobee Suite Manager (ecobee-suite-manager.groovy) version 1.7.11.
    • Fixes Thermostat state updates on SmartThings mobile (thermostatMode, thermostatOperatingState, etc.)
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat (`ecobee-suite-thermostat.groovy) version 1.7.10
    • Fixes thermostatOperatingState updates
  • Ecobee Suite Contacts & Switches Helper (ecobee-suite-open-contacts) version 1.7.06
    • Fixes issues experienced when using multiple Contacts and/or Switches
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort Helper (ecobee-suite-thermal-comfort.groovy) version 1.7.06
    • Cleans up arguments passed to setProgramSetpoints()

Collectively, these fixes should address the reported issues with yesterday’;s release. If I have missed an issue, please let me know - publicly or via PM.

Note: There may be a remaining issue with cancelling vacation holds…

These updates are Mandatory for ALL users…

I want to say thank you for all the hard work on this. I am new to this stuff but have been playing with this suite for a little while and it is awesome. I am hoping that someone might be able to lend me a hand though. When I set Smartthings to a vacation mode I would like the ecobee to automatically have a vacation scheduled for a set length of time (for instance 6 months). I have looked into using the mode helper app or webcore but cant seem to find a way to do it. I have seen mention of using the scheduleVacation command but webcore doesn’t seem to list it as a possibility. Does anyone happen to have an backup code for webcore that uses this command or maybe some example of how I might do this with the helper app?

For this use case, I would create a thermostat program named “MyVacation” or some such, and then have the Mode/Routing/Switches/Program helper watch for SmartThings Location Mode to change to “Vacation”, and then it sets the thermostat program to “MyVacation”.

Generally, I do the opposite for vacations - I schedule them on the Ecobee, and have the smart Mode/Routine/Switches/Program helper watch for the thermostat going into Vacation mode, and then it sets the SmartThings Location Mode to “Vacation”. I just like the scheduling capability of Ecobee to automate the transition to/from vacation. But you can do it either way…

@storageanarchy
Just updated smartapp/dth. Thanks a lot for this.
I am an ecobee4 user. I started playing with the DTH and seen whether it can read my HRV. I am finding some things works and others dont
Ventilator type looks correct.
Ventilatorminontime doesn’t. Nor does the ventmode.
Appreciate if you can assist?
I am using webcore to publish some values and a smartapp to display then on smartthings app

Hi,

I’ve noticed that when I use the “new” SmartThings app (on iOS) to access the apps, the fields for putting in SMS numbers don’t appear in the main suite or in the helper apps. But when I use SmartThings Classic, the fields to put in SMS numbers do show up. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

From the ecobee documenbtation, ventilatorType is read-only, and I think that ventilatorOffDateTime is also.

supportedVentModes is also read-only - it should show these values: auto, minontime, on, off.

You should be able to change the rest of the attributes by calling the setEcobeeSetting() command like this: setEcobeeSetting('ventMode', 'minontime') or this: setEcobeeSetting('ventilatorMinOnTime', 30).

You can’t just changeValue the attributes - you have to call the provided entry point…

Matt -

OK, first, I had not realized that the new app had come so far as to actually work with 3rd party apps, so thank you for opening my eyes to this. (Which means now I have THREE user interfaces to test against :frowning: ).

The bug is that I mistakenly declared the phone number field as “string” instead of “text” - I will post updates to all the afflicted apps shortly.