SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Ultimate Mode Based Thermostat - Control Multiple Thermostats Temperature / Remote Temperature Sensors when Changing Modes

thermostat
modes
temperature
smartapp_hvac
rboyapps
(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #101

The app reads the operating state of the thermostat to decide which settings to send. If the DTH for your Sensibo device is reporting it correctly then it should work fine.

(Ian) #102

Thanks RBoy. Wahts DTH?

(Ian) #103

One more question, how does this app know if it should be heating or cooling? Thanks!

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #104

It checks the current state of the thermostat (Auto, Heat, Cooling etc). It’s best to leave it to Auto state and change your heating/cooling setpoints accordingly. E.g. if you don’t want heat to kick in, set the heat setpoint to 40.

(arg04) #105

Would I be able to simply have the thermostat turn off if the doors and/or windows are left open longer than a few minutes, then have it turn back on once closed? That’s really what I want to do most.

(Tom Otto) #106

I couldn’t find any info on this on the thread. Would it be possible at some point to add a feature based on the temperature\forecast outside? I think nest\ecobee might do this. I use this primarily for an away thermostat at our vacation home and then use the 5\2 when we are there. The house is set at 50 degrees when away, but I would love for it to be deactivated if the forecast won’t get below freezing for days on end.

(Amanda) #107

@RBoy , I have been using one of your thermostat apps for a few years now, no issue. But starting now, I’m one of the lucky bunches in a polar vortex and wish to place a PERMANENT temperature hold until I release it on my thermostat, but I can’t find a way to accomplish it. I have a CT-100 thermostat and I’m using (I think) your ultimate mode thermostat. Temp holds work (I can override the set temp, but after a time it reverts…but I haven’t caught how long the temp hold holds for).

I need to up my temp in the house in preparation for -50 outside temps and would like a permanent (24hr anyways) hold. Is there a way to do this?

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #108

If you’re on the latest version (02.05.07) you use the same instructions posted by @maddie on this topic:

1 Like
(Head of Support (rboyapps.com)) #109

Ultimate Mode Change Thermostat Temperature - Version 02.08.00

• Extended support for temporary hold to with/without remote temperature sensors
  • Fixed issue with open door/windows shutoff and remote temperature sensor when using a single mode

© RBoy Apps

Mode Change Thermostat Single Temperature - Version 01.01.00

• < no change >