[OBSOLETE] Trend Setter

I had posted the instructions up above back when I first asked about it.

Hi, yes I saw that, but on the UK IDE, it didnā€™t have the links to enable Github integration. Iā€™ve since found some instructions on how to work around it for those in the UK and am trying to get a repo thatā€™s in the right shape for Github integration.

Ok, Iā€™ve made a new repository that is in the correct structure to work with the IDE Github integration.

One issue though. The IDE is VERY picky about namespaces and file names etcā€¦ Iā€™ve had to change some things so youā€™ll have to

DELETE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH TREND SETTER BEFORE USING THE GITHUB FRIENDLY VERSION

That means, deleting all your groups (which will delete the group controller devices), then delete the Smart App.

You can use the following repository and TrendSetter branch. Itā€™s working for me :slight_smile:

Hopefully thatā€™ll make things easier for everyone going forward.

6 Likes

Great stuff Chris. If I could be so bold as to suggest something, please could you name the Repo as either your name or ā€˜TrendSetterā€™ or failing that name the Branch ā€˜TrendSetterā€™ the simple reason being that it makes is so much easier to pick the repository to update from. Most people have named theirs ā€˜SmartThingsā€™ or ā€˜SmartThingsPublicā€™ with a Branch of ā€˜Masterā€™ and once you have a load of repos in your list you constantly have to refer to the ā€˜Settingsā€™ button to determine which one in the list you need to select when doing an ā€˜Update from Repoā€™. Naming it as I described makes is so easy to pick the correct one when updating.

Thank You!

EDIT: Oooppps! Sorry, I was not quick enough lol :smile:

Thanks Chris.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s a good pointā€¦ since Iā€™ve not been using it, I wasnā€™t aware that was an issue. Iā€™ll see what I can do.

1 Like

It really is no big deal and am sure everyone will be more than happy to have it the way it is. Was just throwing the suggestion out there. Thanks again!

Iā€™ve made a new branch called TrendSetter. That should help?

I think it will, I will give it a try in a few hours, sorry cannot do any sooner as off to a meeting. Thanks!

It now displays like this:

1 Like

Perfect! Once/if you start to use it extensively yourself you will see what a mess it can become trying to pick the correct repo when updating lol. However it is still great to be able to update this way, what used to take me a good hour before now takes minutes.

This is great though! Thank You!

1 Like

Awesome Chris! Thank you so much for setting this up.

1 Like

I cannot get the repo setup, what am i missing. The name space is trendsetter, correct?

This is how I set it up:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I needed, thank you.

1 Like

Thanks again Chris!

Just one question, there are 2 Colour Temp DH on there;

/colorful-temperature-light-group-device.groovy
color-temperature-light-group-device.groovy

When you get time please could you advise of the difference between them please?

Thanks,

Mark.

EDIT:

Apologies, should have just tried myself.

The Colorful one allow for colour changes also whereas the Color one is simply the Temperature Color!

Working great as before. Going to test some more as soon as I have time with the Fibaro RGBW I have, would be great to get that working correctly if it is not already.

Thanks Chris! Itā€™s perfect, makes updates so much easier. But I didnā€™t have to delete anything? I just updated from obsolete, just how you usually do when itā€™s been updated. Is there any reason why this might not be correct? Thanks again

It might well be that because it required a lot of trial and error on my part. I got a lot of errors trying to get it to update from Github until I removed everything. If itā€™s working for you then thatā€™s all good!

Chris,
Would you be able to update the code to use the new color scheme that rolled out a few months ago? Hereā€™s the post detailing the change:

Also - thanks for fixing the Github integration! I was able to update from Github without having to delete/recreate any of my devices/smartapps.

Iā€™ll have a look when I get chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you confirm what AdjustLevel(ā€¦) does? I was expecting it to take a parameter of the current level from WebCoRe and add it or remove it to the level, but it doesnā€™t appear to do that?

Is there a way of adjusting the level with a command and an offset?