SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Trend Setter

smartapp_misc
smartapp_lighting
dth_lighting

@Kriskit

This is a great tool. thanks for all the work.

I am just having one problem. I am not sure if this problem is strictly related to your app or if it is more systemic in my whole ST setup. I will explain. First the symptoms:

1. My group is intended to turn off all the front room lights and ceiling fans in the Living Room, Dining room, Kitchen, and Foyer. These are mostly controlled by GE/Jasco z-wave dimmer switches and Fan Control switches, though some of these lights are Philips Hue lights too. There is a significant number of these in the group, 8 Hue bulbs and 11 Switches and Dimmers to be exact. I understand there will always be delays between start and finish of a turn off event with this number but that is fine. Also it might be relevant to note that all of these switches are being controlled by community based DTHs not the ST standard ones.

2. As i said, it is rare when all of these lights are on at the same time. Thus, usually when I go to turn off the lights your virtual switch is the Onish or MostlyOn state. When I hit the On/Off Icon to turn it off (or when I hit the OFF button at the bottom) the process begins to turn off lights and the percentage counter starts to decrement.

3. Now for the problem. After hitting OFF in either method, all the lights do indeed go off after the first press. The percentage counter does decrement but only to a point. Then it stops at some number in the 30-50% range and the icon reflects mostly off, Half, or offish even though all the lights have gone off. If i hit the icon again or the off button again it will most times then decrement the percentage further. Most times the second press will result in getting the percentage to 0% and setting the icon and tile to Off. The same thing happens when turning on. the first press does indeed turn on all the lights, but the percentage counter and icon tile reflect ONISH or MostlyOn. A second press gets it all the way there most of the time.

So it seems like there is a timer or certain number of status indicator checks which times out before the process is complete resulting in the incorrect percentage being displayed and the incorrect status being shown. I have looked through the Device handler and can’t see any place where you are specifying a time or number of iterations so I don’t know if this is a DTh issue, a SmartApp issue, or a Smartthings settings issue. It could be a smartthings issue because i see similar behavior in single device device handlers from other developers which dim a switch. The dim level doesn’t ever get to 0 after the first press even after the light has been dimmed to Off.

Any ideas?

LJ

0 Likes

just checking back does anyone have any ideas or @Kriskit?

LJ

0 Likes

(Chris) #433

Hi,

Have you updated to the latest version?

I am not sure if this might be related to the timer issue from earlier where ST have made the runIn command have a hard minimum time. If so, then the newest version may help.

0 Likes

@Kriskit

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response. i was out of town on business. To you question on versions, I am updating from the github repo automatically via the IDE. I even went out to the github repository to verify if I have the latest version. I do, unless there is another repository with a later version. The Smart app shows as version 0.1 and the group shows as 0.2. The device handlers are up to date.

Any other ideas?

LJ

0 Likes