[OBSOLETE] Trend Setter

@Kriskit hey, I ended up manually adding capability "Light" to the capability list for Dimmer so that homebridge worked properly, I’m not sure if this is a new capability? How can I help get that added to the official device handler? The issue is expressed here https://github.com/pdlove/homebridge-smartthings/issues/219

@GRClark Login to IDE. go to My Locations: smartapps and click Edit under the Home image, scroll down to Trendsetter in the Other section, find the group under Trendsetter and click delete to the right of that field. Click Done under the Home banner at the top. Note: make sure you select the correct field when deleting.

My apologies for being dumb but I’m not even sure where you’re wanting me to go and do that because I’d gone into tbe smartapps area and not sure what you menan by under the home image but did click on Trend Setter smartapps but wasn’t able to find anything that looked like I was in the right spot. Here’s my main smartapps page.

Hi @GRClark, you have 2 trendsetter apps you need to delete one of them for starts.

Then your on the smart app page you need to go to the location page then click smart apps

Well if there was truly a duplicate then why does it only show one smartapp here in this view? It has been a while since first installing this and wondering if that’s just a child app - not sure. Either way I still have no idea where to go or what to do about fixing my problem.

Hi
All, just wondering if its only me but over the last 3 days my lights are getting caught in the Onish / Offish state.

Nothing has changed in my own environment and this would happen every now and then but suddenly its becoming the norm.

Anyone else having this issue.

Hi @GRClark no the first page is what you have in your smarts apps and you have two of them but looks like you only installed one. probbley best to uninstall the lot if its never worked and reinstall it following the instructions, but it looks correct on that screen shot.

First off I want to say great smartapp! Secondly is there any workaround so that ActionTiles doesn’t show the question mark if a Trend Setter device is onnish?

It’s not a standard state for the “switch” capability so I can understand why ActiveTiles doesn’t support it. Short of ActiveTiles adding it, the only solution would be to edit the device handlers and changing “onish” to “on” and “offish” to “off” but that wouldn’t reflect that actual state of the group.

Yeah that’s what I’ve done - found answer on Facebook.

change the moston/off values at the bottom to “on”… like this:
if (percentOn == 50)
value = "on"
else if (percentOn > 0 && percentOn < 50)
value = "on"
else if (percentOn > 50 && percentOn < 100)
value = “on”

1 Like

FWIW - I love “onish” and “offish” - makes me laugh every time, yet gets its point across…

4 Likes

Me too :smile:

2 Likes

Seems to be just what I’m after thou having trouble getting the power meter working.
I’m looking to have a visual state indication for a Samsung power outlet W usage - it’s powering a Jacuzzi that has 3 states (>=0W is Off, <40W for idle or >=40W for heating).
I’ve installed ok and created a trend with the required power meter thou the new device just shows as off?

I just tested it with some of my devices with power meter capability and it’s not working anymore. I suspect something has changed that’s broken the device handler. I’ll try and fix it as soon as I am able.

@guzzuk I have fixed the problem in my source control. If you’re not using the Github integration I suggest doing so. The reason it broke is because permissions have changed since I made it regarding the access of historical events (these are used to determine whether the groups power is low/medium/high/very high based on previous data), they can no longer be accessed by device handlers so I moved the retrieval of events to the Group SmartApp.

I also made a few changes. The Power Meter Group Device no longer aggregates power usage data. It now processes every event and now reports the total power usage of all devices in the group - which I think is actually more useful.

What’s github integration? I usually cut n paste the code from github

It depends where you are, people in the US have an easier time enabling it. In the UK you have to jump through some hoops to turn it on. It does mean you can pull any changes straight from Github through the SmartThings IDE though.

The code in the original post in this thread is old and I can’t edit the post anymore, I’m trying to get a moderator to allow me to edit it. If you used the original post files, I suggest getting the files from the repo below.

If you’re happy to copy and paste you can get the new files from:

The two files that changed are:

and

Excellent, that’s now working!
Can the boundaries be modified?
Thanks

The boundaries are automatically generated based on the last 50 events (can probably make that larger). However, I could possibly make them configurable overrides if that’s satisfactory?

Cool, I’ll leave it to settle in
Thanks