[OBSOLETE] Trend Setter

first love this app

2nd i realized in action tiles i could not control the color im sure this is a action tiles issue but what i did to gain control was move “capability “Color Control”” before “capability “Switch Level”” not even why i thought of that but it worked

I successfully added the 4 dth’s and the 2 smartapps and I kicked off Trendsetter smartapp and it appears on my phone and I can add a group. I have 1 Osram RGBW BR30 and 1 Osram RGBW light strip and changed the type in the ide for these 2 devices to Colorful Light Group. I created a new group and I tried Colorful Light, Switch and Dimmer for a device type and Trendsetter creates it but the lights won’t turn on even though it’s showing ON. I have no idea how to use this smartapp and how to get it working. Since there’s 4 dth’s in my ide which one do I use since you can only type in (1) Type in the field for each device. Sorry for the noob question. btw I installed the dth’s and 2 smartapps that was listed at the top of the Trendsetter thread if that makes a difference

@arn357 You don’t need to change the DTH on the lights in IDE. The DTHs you installed for the Trend Setter smart app are only intended to be used by the Trend Setter smartapp itself… Change your DTHs on those lights back to the original ones and then try installing them in Trendsetter.

Thanks for the update, that worked! Thanks a bunch!

Hi friends,

I noticed that my IKEA tradfri E14 WS opal 400lm color temperature lights are not controllable with trend setter… well only as a dimmer but the color temperature can’t be controlled.

To fix this I have created a color temperature group device using dimmer group device as a template.
You can get the files from github (see below).

My bulbs are set to ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb.
Then I’ve added color temperature device group to my device handlers:

I had to update group.groovy as well to be able to select color temperature light from device type menu:

I would appreciate if @Kriskit would add color temperature device to his repo and maintain it (since its mostly copied from dimmer).

Have fun

Hi,

I already did this. You seem to have worked from the original files. I changed it all to allow for Github integration… The code is all here:

1 Like

Hi, I just read the first post. Is the link to github integration repo mentioned somewhere in the 200 posts this thread have?
Could you update the first posts so that users won’t work with outdated scripts? Or is that unnecessary because there is a official project page somewhere?

Hi,

This was the post where I said the integration was done:

Unfortunately, I can’t edit the original post. It seems after a period of time, editing is disabled after the post is made - I would have liked to when I did the above post but it won’t let me :frowning:

I applied the code 4 device type handlers and 2 smartapps from the original code (top of post) can I just do updates and do a replaces or should I delete everything and readd everything from Kriskit/SmartThings - My SmartThings Stuff?

I’ve had people say that just adding the repo and doing an update seems to work without having to remove everything first.

Use the following settings and give it a try:

1 Like

I deleted any groups I created before updating and replacing with the current dth and smartapps updates. It works but I now have a new option colorful temperature light, is this correct? Thank you for your help. Here’s a screenshot:

Yes that’s correct, I have since added color temperature support with those extra device group types.

Beauiful. Thank you again. Will have to find time to put your creation to work

Hi @Kriskit wanted to delete one of my groups and rebuild some but it won’t let me create a group? Have you had the same issue, it just says unexpected error? Maybe ST has changed somthing.

Can you try doing it whilst having the live log open in the IDE and let me know if there is an error logged please?

I had the same issue. Only way I managed to get past the error, was to remove all groups, the smartapp and device handlers and afterwards reinstall everything.
Don’t know if this is of importance or actually important, but I realised this was an issue shortly after I upgraded to the latest version of the smartapp.

Yes no worries. Absolutely nothing comes up when I click create :thinking: is that right?

Edit: what I did just do/ notice is if I go to add app and create a group from there it works fine.

I’m trying to install in IDE using the repo method and suggested settings. The “repo add” step seemed to work, but when I try to “update from repo” there are no entries shown in any of the columns. (I’ve successfully installed from other’s Github repo’s using this method before.).

Any ideas - did I miss some step?

@georgeh same thing happened to me. To resolve SOMEWHAT, i copied the original code, then assigned them to the Repo and updated. That part worked fine.

HOWEVER, when I try to create a group a get an error message.

Any suggestions anyone? @Kriskit

Looking at it more, I think the problem is in with the particular Github repository’s directory structure – ST has specific requirements for the hierarchy/naming convention of code it uploads from Github, which Kriskit’s Github area for the code in question does not to conform to… cut/paste works fine.

One can figure out the convention required by saving a working code snippet from IDE to Github, and seeing the structure that ST IDE creates there (or, also I’m guessing by reading the appropriate documentation).