[OBSOLETE] Trend Setter

This is how I set it up:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I needed, thank you.

1 Like

Thanks again Chris!

Just one question, there are 2 Colour Temp DH on there;

/colorful-temperature-light-group-device.groovy
color-temperature-light-group-device.groovy

When you get time please could you advise of the difference between them please?

Thanks,

Mark.

EDIT:

Apologies, should have just tried myself.

The Colorful one allow for colour changes also whereas the Color one is simply the Temperature Color!

Working great as before. Going to test some more as soon as I have time with the Fibaro RGBW I have, would be great to get that working correctly if it is not already.

Thanks Chris! It’s perfect, makes updates so much easier. But I didn’t have to delete anything? I just updated from obsolete, just how you usually do when it’s been updated. Is there any reason why this might not be correct? Thanks again

It might well be that because it required a lot of trial and error on my part. I got a lot of errors trying to get it to update from Github until I removed everything. If it’s working for you then that’s all good!

Chris,
Would you be able to update the code to use the new color scheme that rolled out a few months ago? Here’s the post detailing the change:

Also - thanks for fixing the Github integration! I was able to update from Github without having to delete/recreate any of my devices/smartapps.

I’ll have a look when I get chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you confirm what AdjustLevel(…) does? I was expecting it to take a parameter of the current level from WebCoRe and add it or remove it to the level, but it doesn’t appear to do that?

Is there a way of adjusting the level with a command and an offset?

It appears that adjustLevel is used for the sync button and doesn’t actually take a parameter - can you confirm I’m not missing anything here?

I’m awaiting confirmation but it looks like WebCoRe looks for an adjustLevel function and uses that to try and set the level of the lights, if it doesn’t find it then it essentially makes it’s own by reading level and then setting level.
Now I’ve managed to tweak the Dimmer DH to rename adjustLevel to resetLevel and update the references and everything seems to work including the syncing, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing something stupid!

Yes adjustLevel is for the sync button to get the most appropriate value based on the values of all the devices in the group.

Not sure why webCoRE would look for that as it’s not a command assigned to the dimmer capability.

Thanks for the reply. @ady624 might be able to add some insight into this.

@Gavin_Melling: I’ve now renamed the commands to make it compatible with webCoRE in the repository.

@iridris: I’ve changed the colours :wink:

4 Likes

Wow - thanks, that’s excellent!

1 Like

so last night I was indeed noticing some odd behavior with the groups I created, lights not turning off, turning different colors, etc…anyone else?

There was a hub firmware update the night before, I also had crazy stuff going on, not to mention my alarm going off two nights on the trot telling my a door was open :fearful: which it obviously was not.

I cannot say for sure but I have a feeling that they (Samsung/SmartThings) actually did things the last two nights. Things seem to have settled down again now though.

My bet is that it is down to this but report back should things not settle down.

Thank you :slight_smile: Much appreciated

1 Like

So I installed this and it is working amazingly.

Silly question though, the IKEA lights have a more limited range than what is shown on the Color Temperature Slider. This will not hurt the lights will it? Otherwise, can I just change the device type to create new limits?

It looks like I could change here:
def setColorTemperature(val, triggerGroup) {
_ log.debug “Setting color temperature to $val”_

_ if (val < 2000)_
_ val = 2000_
_ _
_ if( val > 6500)_
_ val = 6500_

To be the limits of the Ikea lights (2200 and 3500 respectively I believe)

Am I in the wrong neighborhood here?

It doesn’t hurt the bulbs. They will just go to their maximum at 4000k.

All works beautifully now - thanks to you both!

Yes - they’ll just limit out, but they can go a little bit odd if you do set them to that, when you turn the bulb off then on they can sometimes reset to 2000 - but sometimes not.