*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Couple points of clarification for your rant:

1. I don’t care about the money. I asked for a refund due to being sick of arguing with him. His posts in Using Ecobee with SmartThings - #15 by vseven is what started all of this where he said anyone that criticizes his programming will no longer get updates to it.
  2. I NEVER received working code. When I made my payment was around the time when EcoBee/ST/this DTH was having authorization issues where you had to reauthorize multiple times a day. I uninstalled it until it could be fixed and publicly complained about it. yvesracine then removed me from updates including the ones that fixed most of those issues. So no “You got and used the code” is incorrect…I never got anything that actually worked.
  3. You are purchasing something. You shouldn’t have to stroke the authors ego to keep getting updates.
  4. I’m well past being a millennial.

@yvesracine - Your DTH was never under attack. Your shady business practices and the fact you cannot take criticism is what is publicly being discussed.

Again, never received anything that worked for more then a couple hours.

People deserve to be warned of his shady practices. He should also clearly call out his policies before someone purchases it by saying “If you ever say anything negative about me or my program ever then I will stop sending you updates” because that is his actual policy. I haven’t seen that written anywhere however which is why it’s being discussed right now.

If his policies were clearly stated in the first place none of this would be going on. Unfortunately to get a refund I have to retract anything I’ve ever said negatively about his program including agreeing to never say anything negative in the future: *** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)! - #678 by vseven . Thats pretty ridiculous.

1 Like