[RELEASE] Tasmota (Connect) for Sonoff, Tuya, SmartLife & other ESP8266 devices)

First of all, many thanks for creating this.

I have flashed a TUYA device with Tosmota and everything seems fine.
I can get to the device via IP 192.168.2.168 and it brings up the Tasmota menu.

I have added your smart app and all the child/parent settings committed.

I add the device using the smart app and it adds fine and I use the correct IP for the device.

But I can not turn the outlet on and off.

Live log for Tasmota Connect just gives me this:
8c55fe09-a2f1-4f9c-af56-8f435ccd32b0) 8:10:53 PM: debug ! Tasmota Device (192.168.2.168) called: POWER 1

I’m chooseing Generic Switch 1 channel.

Not sure what else to try.

@zachula - It’s not supported yet.

@gtampako - The values are being pushed to SmartThings every minute.

@dbunch304 - Have you applied the template (instruction) ?

1 Like

That worked…

It’s the little things you overlook. I was wondering about that but wasn’t sure what to do…

So, does it really matter what Tasmota bin to flash.
I followed a Youtube DIY video and the flash worked great.
I used the Tasmota-Wifi.bin that he recommended and it is working.

Should I be using another tasmota bin file to flash…

Thanks…

If it is working, then you could keep it, if you wish to change - I’d recommend tasmota.bin.

• tasmota.bin = The Tasmota version with most drivers. RECOMMENDED RELEASE BINARY

For sensors and IR, use -

• tasmota-sensors.bin = The Sensors version adds more useful sensors.
  • tasmota-ir = The InfraRed Receiver and transmitter version allowing all available protocols provided by library IRremoteESP8266 but without most other features.

@hongtat I am running a 4ch relay through nodemcu with tasmota installed, I have followed all the steps mentioned on github for manual install, added all the device handlers but cannot seem to get all 4 relays to appear as switches on smartthings app(new). While adding device I select generic switch(4ch). Please help…

1 Like

Thank you - great work. Sonoff RF Bridge.

Shows up fine in ST.

I’m struggling to get the right code for detecting an open door sensor. I’ve attached a screenshot of my console. My door sensors only alert on OPEN, not CLOSE. I’ve tried more or less the console text but yet, my sensor always show OPEN and never change… the console detects every every open… what am I missing ? If I understand I need to put some text upon open and then let’s day 30 in the seconds before it considered it closed…

Hi guys!

I’ve opened this issue -> https://github.com/hongtat/tasmota-connect/issues/5, but maybe someone can help me here. How can I use the power meter parameters like voltage, amperage, etc conditions on automation ?

Thank you all

@denisshelston

Add a virtual contact sensor, fill in the code for OPEN, then add a delay to “close” it.

@saurabh23
Have you added tasmota-child-switch-device.src ?

@Jhonin
WebCore

1 Like

Hello! Its’a revolution. Thank you Hongtan very nice. I can use the small SonOff mini like a real sensor for little counter and chime contact.

Thank you Hongtat. I’m struggling with the exact syntax of what to put in the OPEN field…
Since I already added Contact Sensors, I need to delete them before adding the Virtual Contact Sensor ?

This is from the console, for 1 event:
18:23:36 RSL: tele/tasmota_BFC7A8/RESULT = {“Time”:“2020-05-06T18:23:36”,“RfReceived”:{“Sync”:12350,“Low”:410,“High”:1220,“Data”:“8ED489”,“RfKey”:“None”}}
18:23:36 RUL: RFRECEIVED#DATA performs “WebSend [192.168.33.117:39500] /?json={“RfReceived”:{“Data”:“8ED489”}}”
18:23:36 RSL: stat/tasmota_BFC7A8/RESULT = {“WebSend”:“Done”}
18:23:36 RUL: RFRECEIVED#RFKEY performs “WebSend [192.168.33.117:39500] /?json={“RfReceived”:{“RfKey”:“NONE”}}”
18:23:36 RSL: stat/tasmota_BFC7A8/RESULT = {“WebSend”:“Done”}

1 Like

@denisshelston
If your existing contact sensors work, then is not necessary to add virtual contact sensor.

For virtual contact sensor, use the “Data” value (8ED489) in the OPEN field.

Yes I have, also I have tried to remove it and again add but nothing.

We have Lift Off - yeah, works great. :grinning:

I had to remove my Contact Sensor and add Virtual Contact Sensor - they all work great.

Fantastic. Good work Hongtat and a BIG thank you.

I am excited to find this Tasmota integration to ST. Thank you @hongtat Hongtat.

I am a newbie in this space thus this would be a silly question.

I have added 2 smart Tasmota plugs and I am able to control them via Google Assistant just fine.

My problem is the generic IR blaster similar to YTF IR. I flashed it with TASMOTA. I was able to add the device in Tasmota (Connect) but that is about where I am stuck. I am used to using Smart Life app where I could create virtual remote for each of my devices like TV, DVD, AMP and so on. I searched around but I might not be using the right search terms, but I am at a loss and don’t know how to setup similar control capability where I can just tell Google assistant to turn on TV, volume up and so on.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

1 Like

Is it possible to refresh more frequent?

Hey man, it’s easy to configure the IR after flashing tasmota ?

The suspense is killing me man. is there a thread that I need to go read up on to get an idea on even to just get started? Please shine your light on it so I can dig into it.

Thank you.

@popamor There is no virtual remote yet. Use virtual switch and input IR command.

Got it. I thought the Tasmota IR firmware contains majority of IR codes already for major brands, therefore I thought it would be straightforward to call out specific button for each device based on a table or something.

As for the IR Command, it is this one below right?

irsend {“PROTOCOL”:“NEC”,“BITS”:32,“DATA”:0xFD30CF}

couple of noob questions:

1. why does Bits say 32? Does 32 pertains to the DATA? But DATA is only 24 bits? So confused…
  2. Where can I find the DATA strings for each button?

Is there a wiki page somewhere that I can read and dig these stuff from? I feel like there is a missing link in my head.

I looked into http://irdb.tk/codes/

I am even more confused… Which code should I look at?

Thank you for your patience folks.