[OBSOLETE] Tado (Connect)

Would webcore work or would it have to be just core also wouldn’t I need a virtual momentary switch else the switch is going to stay on after first use and then you’d have to turn off and on again to put tado back to auto.

There are many devices available in the industry, but i found Cielo Breez, A Smart AC Controller compatible with all major brands of Air Conditioners in the market, like Mitsubishi, Gree, Daikin, and much more.

Breez is better, has more features, such as Temperature control, humidity, Geo Fencing, In-built Sensors, even you can track the usage of your ACs/Heat Pumps through mobile apps which keeps you aware of your usage behaviors helping you achieve your saving goals, and it’s much more responsive smart air conditioner controller.

Cielo Breez is more accurate and highly active into controlling Air conditioners from anywhere then other devices. I’m satisfied with Breez’s features and it’s performance. Moreover! these smart controls add a lot of convenience in my daily routines.

You can find more information on the following link: https://www.cielowigle.com/breez/

@adamsmithlane you created an account to make this one post and hacked this thread to make an advertisement for a product you are obviously affiliated with… You should be honest and state that you are affiliated and it’s not recommended in a personal capacity.

Hey @Fuzzyligic - slowly getting this together… Do I need to open the tado unit up to “non-thermostatic control” and teach modes like ‘econo cool’ to the tado device before I can use the full smart app?

This is my split heat pump FYI - https://www.ecomfort.com/Mitsubishi-MSZ-GL06NA-U1/p65039.html

Your tap will need to be aware of the modes your AC supports. However at the moment the smartapp only supports heating, cooling, dry, fan, and auto modes. Which coincident KY are the modes mine supports

The tado API is undocumented and I am not aware of all the possible modes tado actually supports. So if you find that tap supports a mode mine doesn’t and can get me the capabilities Json response from tado, I can add the mode

OK cool, thank you!

Sorry, what is my “tap”.

Sorry I meant Tado. But my phone autocorrected

Hi @Fuzzyligic
I’m trying to use your code on Hubitat.
I have installed it OK but when I try to load it I’m getting an error.
Basically this is what is happening.
Click on the app and it asks for my username and password for Tado.
I put in my details and then instead of prompting for devices, users etc. it just says the following.
I have oauth enabled.
The logs show my username/password and all other information being sent and received OK.
It the fails with the following.
2018-04-14 14:07:44.164:errorCannot get property ‘serverUrl’ on null object on line 44

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks.

@bobbles, your gonna need to explain what Hubitat is and why you would think my code would work on it?

I am obviously out of the loop on this one. but from what i can garner its a usb stick that supposedly allows the use of groovy?

but looking at Line 44 that is calling a function called getApiServerUrl() which is a smartthings specific function.

of which the reference docs state

getApiServerUrl()
Returns the URL of the server where this SmartApp can be reached for API calls. Use this instead of hard-coding a URL to ensure that the correct server URL for this installed instance is returned.

Signature:
String getApiServerUrl()
Returns:
String - the URL of the server where this SmartApp can be reached.

you could if you get the location of the smartapp just hardcode the URL, but i don’t know anything about Hubitat so i cant help you…but if anyone wants to provide access to “Hubitat” device for me to develop against i can maybe assist.

@bobbles

ok i’ve bought one to sample. once delivered i will take a look. always on the lookout for a halfway house. if i can get rid of ST for the few things i use it for and replace with this then we will see.

just saw that @bravenel is part of the Hubitat team, awesome sauce. anyway will see what this can do for my setup.

@Fuzzyligic
I changed line 44 to the IPhone address of my Hubitat hub.
I can now go through the setup OK.
Problem is no devices get configured.
More error codes.
If you don’t mind I’ll wait for you to take a look when you get your hub.
I can tinker with code but don’t really know what I’m doing. Poke and hope is my motto. :wink:
Thanks again.

@bobbles, i think it needs to include the smartapp id aswell,

eg. in smartthings it would be for example. https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/(AppID)

and the (AppID) you would get from the smartapp page in the IDE e.g.

I don’t know how long my hub will take to arrive in the UK, and even then i am hoping i can use it on the same machine i am running homeseer on. if not im no sure i want to goto the expense of running another machine :slight_smile:

Does anybody know where I can find the tadoZoneId for the cooling thermostats? :slight_smile:

Goto my.tado.com, login and select your thermostat.

In the browser address bar it will state the I’d in the URL

Thank you! So easy! :slight_smile:

@bobbles ok so today my Hubitat hub arrived and i started work on it, but an hour ago my hub went offline and it looks like its died a death.

so pretty much a futile waste of effort and money as any RMA will involve shipping back to the US :frowning:

Oh shxt.
Are support able to help.
I appreciate they are behind us time wise.

@bobbles no worries, the phoenix has arisen again, i went through my huge box of wires and found an equivalent PSU, we are back in business :slight_smile:

there is a lot more to the conversion than i originally thought, will look again today.

1 Like

@bobbles
My initial code for Hubitat is here, needs further testing if you could help me with that

Hi @Fuzzyligic
Thanks for all your work on this. Now starting to test.
Everything installed OK. Users for presence and my Heating and Hot Water.
I have just defined a webCoRE piston for Hot Water (exactly the same as my ST piston) and so far it is working OK.
I have a Hot Water Boost switch which turns it on permanently when on and a 1 hour cycle when off.
The boost switch turns it on and off and it is now going through the 1 hour cycle.
Will let you know what happens. I cannot attack the heating yet as I’m going away for the weekend but this will let me test the Tado Presence function. :slight_smile:

1 Like