[OBSOLETE] Tado (Connect)

I’m having a similar issue. Everything runs through fine, all the devices are seen, the users are seen, I get to default temps (18 for heating, 0 for cooling since we have no cooling devices) and default overide (I’ve tried manual and tado_mode). Everything appears normal. However, as soon as I click done I get a processing message as Alexa is recognising the rooms, but SmartThings reports “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again”.

I’m so close… Any ideas?

Does anyone have a solution?

It took me a few goes to get it working, and the sad thing is I dont know what I did differently on the last attempt, but now its working great.
So all I can suggest is delete everything (Tado related) and start again. Sorry

Hi all - To help some of the above queries. I recently got Tado, and have successfully installed this great solution from @andyjenkinson with the new ST app, all working fine.

Hi All,

I’ve followed the instructions and I can see the TRV and can change the temperature. However I wanted to switch on/off the valve from ST and it doesn’t seems to be working. Or at least it does work putting OFF the TRV, but in doesn’t work to put in HEAT mode

Do you know if that is possible?

Thanks

For anyone benefit, I’ve changed line 1913 of the smartapp from NumberFormatException to Exception and it does work :smiley:

Does ST show the current temperature or the target temperature? I am still looking for a solution how to change this so the current temperature is shown.

In the new ST app the target temp is displayed on the tile, when you click/ select the tile for additional information the current temp is displayed.

Yes. This is true. I was wandering how I can change the device handler so the current temperature is displayed on the tile. This would give me better information as the target temperature is static.

Hi
I’ve recently installed a Tado system, this integration with ST is great. Thanks to those who write these apps and device handlers.

Is there a way to configure the Hot Water device to a simple on/off switch?

I’m seeing the Hot Water control as the same as a thermostat, but I don’t have such control with my boiler, and a simple on/off would be more practical when feeding through to Sharptools dashboards.

Thanks

If the device reports back that it supports the Switch capability, you can change which Tile Layout the device uses in SharpTools.

When editing your dashboard in SharpTools…

1. Tap the ... in the top right corner of the tile
  2. Select Change Layout
  3. Select Switch Tile

Edit: I just took a brief look at the device handlers linked in the first post and it doesn’t look like they report the Switch capability. I can provide some more guidance when I’m back at a PC. You could either modify the DTH to report the Switch capability or create a SharpTools True/False variable to act like a switch and then use a SharpTools rule to have that variable toggle the Hot Water device.

Thanks @joshua_lyon
I think my preferred approach will be to amend the DTH (if I knew how!).

With regards to work around solutions until I edit the DTH, I’ve created a Simulated Switch and using webcore to toggle the switch with the Hot Water thermostat going from Off to Heat. I’ve put that Simulated Switch in my Sharptools dashboard.

1 Like

Apologies for responding to this old topic, but I AM actually looking for this functionality. I like the Tado schedule and its behaviours. I just want to be able to turn it off/on, when some one opens and leaves a door open…

1 Like

So it should be possible:

I think with the old app it was a lot easier than it is now though. Sadly I don’t trust myself to follow these instructions without breaking things. Perhaps someone more technical could take a look (or I might get brave at the weekend).

@Fuzzyligic I am writing some pistons to control my tado heating. I have come across 2 problems.
1. It seems that I can’t use a change to heating setpoint to trigger an event which is a shame.
I then switched to reading the setpoint from my thermostats
2. But the returned value seems to lag behind any change I make on the thermostat by several minutes.
Is there any way round these problems? Your help would be really appreciated.

Its unfortunate this isn’t updated. Its been great for years. I tried to add a new device but it won’t finish the cnnect app with the known something went wrong error. Looking at the log I see this: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object @line 307 (doCall)

Anyone any idea?

Trying to fix a friend set up all his tado devices are showing offline in app but show online in IDE and the data for the device like temperature and humidity is updating ok

Out of interest has anyone still got this working?

Mine was working beautifully but started to give issues I noticed, I have gone through everything I can think to get it working, even to the point of completely removing from the IDE and re-adding but after adding Tado to Smartthings through the mobile app I always get the same error message shown below. Really struggling to get this working again, its such a shame as it was very handy!

I do however get lots and lots of notification from Alexa at this point telling me these devices have been added to Alexa via Smartthings!

1 Like

Still no issues here. I don`t use it with Alexa.

Hi Marcus_Tate are you solved with this issue? I would like to do the same…I’m able to setup a different temperature when the door/windows are opened but I’m not able to return to the scheduled program when the door/windows are closed.