[OBSOLETE] Tado (Connect)

Not AFAIK. Please open the IDE logging window whilst installing and dm me the logs so I can investigate

I just got this up and running. Cant wait to fire it up. Thanks so much!

1 Like

I got this when I didn’t follow the instructions and enable OpenAuth on the SmartApp.

On a side note, is there a way of increasing the refresh rate within the device handler/Smartapp without having to use Pollster?

Thanks.

you could change line 360 of the Tado Smartapp to read

runEvery1Minute("poll")

instead of the line below that is there at the moment.

runEvery5Minutes("poll")

if however after changing this you may find issues with overlapping requests. i also haven’t set it by default to be less as the tado API is currently undocumented and not public, and i don’t want to encourage them identifying traffic from ST as a problem and blocking.,

oh and you will just need to go through the smartapp settings again quickly without changing anything for the change to take effect.

Is there a recommended app to control the Tado’s? I want something that turns my bathroom tado off when the window is open (and the multisensor registers it) and returns it to “Auto” state when the window is closed.

I can’t seem to find anything that fits that so far

@MikkelWinther, this is the only app for controlling the Tado Devices from smartthings. that is what it does, it controls the Tado Devices and allows them to be seen in ST as standard ST Thermostats.

If however you want to perform those types of actions when conditions happen from other non tado devices you need to author your own logic in a smartapp, or use a rules engine to achieve this like webCore ([deleted]) or alternatively Smart Rules (http://smartrulesapp.com/) these provide a gui to generate very complex rules.

or you can look at @yvesracine 's ScheduleTstatZones

but i believe that does not do open window detection as it is supposed to work with smart vents. but he also has a smartapp for doing exactly what you wish in its simplest form

Thanks for this. I was using this as a “If all TRVs are above temperature turn off heating” through webCORE, but decided to invest in the Smart Thermostat and Extension, so no real need for real-time updates - 5 minutes should be perfect now. It means I’ve consolidated 2 gateways into 1, and it’s certainly a lot more smart that what I had before.

As such, I’ve donated a little thank you for your time and effort - keep it up.

Cheers.

1 Like

Where can I find a user guide for the smart app? I’m not sure what some of the buttons do

Also, I want to set up schedules for heating within smartthings rather than tado. I thought there would be smartapps within the climate control secti0n of the smartthings app that’d allow this but most don’t seem to recognise the tado as a heating device. What am I missing?

@Milomolly Ok I’ve not used those smartapps myself. But the tado devices conform to the thermostat capability. So I have just taken a look. The only smartapps that support standard thermostats are @slagle 's Thermostat Director and Keep me cozy II. The others are for turning on switches to heaters etc… I have just installed both and they see my Tado devices no issue. What Tado devices do you have? I have the Tado heating, cooling, TRV and water control and these can all be selected so don’t see why you cannot.

As for your other question about what the buttons do. With that I presume you have the Tado cooling air conditioning device? As some of the buttons may not work as we cannot dynamically display what buttons you see on a device in ST at install and your device capability may not sorry all features. So some buttons may actually not do anything. If you have the logging window open on the IDE when you click a button it will tell you your device does not support that function.

As for instructions. This honestly should not be needed for this implementation more than install instructions. I think you may need more help with Smartthings operation. Could I advise that http://thingsthataresmart.wiki may be a good place to start

Might not be in the spirit of ST usability, but the Tado App itself offers Window-open detection. With the option to turn off the TRV for a set period of time after Window-open detected, returning to Auto after the time has elapsed.

Obviously, if it’s further ST integration based on Windows opening, Tado switching etc, this is useless and you can ignore it :slight_smile:

@emiautomation agreed, but that detection is made by detecting quick temperature drops. and it will disable for a configurable time only. If the window is still open after the timeout, then the heating will still come back on and not detect the window as open again due to the normalised temperature. where as with a multisensor, you can turn off the heating for the exact duration that the window is open

Is this meant to be used with the Smart AC control product? It is what I am trying to use this for. I can see all my devices in ST but none of the buttons work in changing temp, turning on/off ect. Did I miss a step?

if you see your devices then no you should not have missed a step, what devices to you have connected to the Smart AC control, is it a AC only, or can it also heat? also the path to troubleshoot is to press the button whilst you have the IDE logging window open, you will see log lines along with any errors should one be encountered, send the log to me in a private message and i can assist.

but i have just checked and all my devices still work, so unless Tado are in the process of changing their API again to v3 for some users then this should work fine for you also

@iresler

try the latest code, should fix your issues.

Oh nice, Ill check it out! Thanks for the heads up.

Check webcore, easy to solve with something like this:

IF heatingsetpoint is above for example 21 degrees for x minutes, THEN endmanualmode.

You can also set a local variable to store the prefered heatingsetpoint each time the piston changes temperature, and refer to that value if you want something more dynamic that covers all moments of the day:

IF heatingsetpoint is above {variable} for x minutes, THEN set heatingsetpoint to {variable}

I used ‘while’ before, but this works better in my experience.

Thanks for your reply.

I just have the tado thermastat so i was a bit confused about what ‘heating’ and 'cooling options in the device type did or how i set what they represented, that’s what I was refering to when I said button - sorry for not explaining properly

@Fuzzyligic

V2.7 update with below 2 definition will stop me to turn in AC and Heat
unless I comment these 2 definition . I try search all the code and put the comments of these 2.
I wonder Why it have such problem with V2.7 update

line 1840
//def capabilitySupportsHeatFanSpeed = parseCapabilityData(childDevice.getCapabilitySupportsHeatFanSpeed())

line 1768
//def capabilitySupportsCoolFanSpeed = parseCapabilityData(childDevice.getCapabilitySupportsCoolFanSpeed())

@Fuzzyligic

Found tado cooling thermonate need update too , After update the DTH, Everything is working now ?