[OBSOLETE] Tado (Connect)

FYI, In the past 3 years, I have built the ScheduleTstatZones & ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapps which allow you to create zones inside your home for more targeted heating/cooling.

I’ve recently modified ScheduleTstatZones & ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule to be able to control more effectively any room eTRVs with the standard thermostat capabilities.

In the ScheduleTstatZones smartapp, you can configure your rooms/zones/schedules. You then associate your zone/room thermostats to your zones and schedule your zones during the day.

Here is the new virtual zone UI:

In your home, you don’t always want to heat/cool all your rooms. In the evenings or at night for instance, you may want to direct more heat to your bedrooms.

The smartapp lets you choose a master thermostat which controls other slave (zone/room) thermostats in terms of mode and setpoints. The thermostats need to follow the ST standard capabilities.

You can also define enter some delta temp adjustments to make some specific zoned rooms cooler or hotter. You can also use your room’s motion sensor to take into account if the room is occupied or not. The occupied threshold can be defined on a room by room basis for more flexibility.

There are many other features, refer to the ST community wiki for more details:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

And the following ST community thread:

You can download the code at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards.