[RELEASE] Sure PetCare (Connect) V1.2c

This all appears to be working on Smartthings, but when I try and create a Routine on the Amazon Alexa App for the new Device I get an error box
" Error
This device is not currently supported"

Has anybody been able to create Routines in Alexa eg for Anouncments ?

The SmartApp has been working correctly for a few days, but just tonight I am receiving constant Smartthings Notifications of my Cats leaving and entering, yet they are both sleeping in the room with me !!

When I check directly on the Sure Petcare App, the Notifications are correct I.e. they do not show corresponding spurious Notifications so it seems just to be stemming from this SmartApp / Smartthings. I’ve rebooted the Smartthings Hub but the problems continue.

Anybody else experiencing problems with this SmartApp ?

@Alyc100 I have installed everything and can control the lock functions through the SmartApp in ST Classic, but none of the other fields (e.g. battery health, curfew status, etc.) populate. The icon to the left of the refresh circular arrow is a ? with the word UNKNOWN. I tried to open the Sure PetCare (Connect) SmartApp, but after a few spins of the status wheel, nothing opens.

Lastly, do you know if the lock status is compatible with Action Tiles? I’ve made the flap’s lock status available to Action Tiles, and it lets me add it to a panel, but just displays a ? there too.

Also, there is a consistent error in the logs that seems to prevent syncing across apps (see screenshot).

Amazing Work!! tried it out but I guess it has gone out of support and I get many notifications and errors now.

Be Great To Update And test again to make small fixes.

It Also Doesn’t Show Up In ALEXA OK shows as offline and not connected so you can’t trigger unlocks from Alexa unfortunately.

Still really awesome though!

I think I’ve started to see the same notification issue here, as of yesterday. Looking at the logging in the IDE, whenever it does a refresh device:

: info Executing refreshDevices…

Then I get a notification for every notification I have enabled. For example, this debug output is in the log:

: debug Executing ‘messageHandler for Study Catflap Dual Scan Cat Flap Connect is unlocked… Forcing is false’

Yes, I had this issue too yesterday. I had to turn off notifications in the Sure Connect smart app settings. Looking into this although as no code changes have been made I have a feeling it’s something on the SmartThings platform side. I am also getting reports of this happening for another one of my devices too.

Thanks Alyc, I’ll leave notifications off as I get them from the normal app anyway.

Should the rest of the stats be appearing in the app as in the screen shots? Mine are mostly blank.

I’ll try again today with no notifications.

I wonder how I can get it to work with Alexa also that will be awesome.

Updated Sure PetCare (Connect) to V1.2c with a workaround that should fix notification issue. Give it a try and let me know.

2 Likes

Looking good so far. No spurious notifications whenever it polls. No real notifications to check yet, either, but don’t want to kick the cats out into the rain to test it yet :slight_smile:

Excellent, thank you!

Will do now and report back thanks so much!

Trying to work out how Alexa understands locks it gets added but shows as disconnected in Alexa.

If I can sort the locking out into Alexa will be awesome.

Thanks again!

Don’t know if anyone else gets this too but when I try to go back into the app I just get a somethings wrong and retry option.

Going to run in the IDE and check for errors right now I just remove it and install again each time.

Still working well for me with no issues, and I get notifications when I should too.

I can also happily lock and unlock via Alexa - once I’ve enabled it in the device settings in the Alex app. It always tells me that the device is not responding, but it seems to lock/unlock anyway so that’s OK.

1 Like

I didn’t actually try talking to it while showing offline haha I’ll give that a go. Thanks!

Sent a donation thanks for the great work!

If I ask Alexa to unlock and give a pin it says there is an error so not quite working for me but will try resetting everything maybe and enabling notifications.

Alexa always says there is a not responding error for me (whether locking without a pin, or unlocking with a pin) but if I check in the app, then it’s actually done it OK - and I get notified nicely in the Smarttthings app too!

Thanks @MarkWhite1960 I must be doing something wrong mine says appears to be malfunctioning as a response then doesn’t perform the action.

Will keep playing with it though.

Out of interest what commands do you use specifically I am wondering if I’m giving it the wrong intent.

Device is called cat flap and i say “Alexa, lock the cat flap” it attempts it and says the cat flap is malfunctioning.

Yes just “Alexa lock/unlock Catflap” for me.

I get same response if trying to lock/unlock from within Alexa app. Must admit, I rarely use Alexa anyway - usually schedule it via Smartthings based on sunset etc - so not sure how reliable it is, but has behaved same via Alexa whenever have used it today.

Managed to set it up using IFTTT working now “Alexa trigger cat flap lock” performs lock action.

Now I just need to think of a funnier command :slight_smile:

Although lock seems to only lock out not lock both. I can edit that myself though :slight_smile: