[RELEASE] Sure PetCare (Connect) V1.2

It’s been a while since my last project (Neato), but here is a new release from me.

Announcing the Sure PetCare (Connect) SmartApp and PetCare Hub, PetCare Pet/Car Flap and Pet presence sensor device handlers. This enables you to connect Smartthings with the Sure PetCare Connected range of cat flaps and pet doors.

Author - @Alyc100

Donations
This integration is provided completely free of charge and is open source. If however you really feel like it, you can make a donation here

Latest Versions

Ensure you install the latest versions of both the Smart App and Device Handler

Smart App - Sure PetCare (Connect) v1.2 - Updated 13/09/2019 18:30

• v1.2 - Curfew option on PetCare doors

Device Handler - Sure PetCare Hub v1.1b - Updated 10/09/2019 13:30

• Improve API call efficiency

Device Handler - Sure PetCare Pet v1.1c - Updated 10/09/2019 15:30

• v1.1c - Expose setIndoorsOnly mode method to external smart apps
  • v1.1b - Improve API call efficiency
  • v1.1 - Added Keep Pet In option on Pet device for Dual Scan PetCare cat flaps.

Device Handler - Sure PetCare Pet Door Connect v1.2.1 - Updated 13/09/2019 18:30

• v1.2.1 - Add curfew status tile.
  • v1.2 - Add lock controls to tiles.

#Supported Sure PetCare Products

• Sure PetCare Microchip Cat Flap Connect (tested)
  • Sure PetCare Microchip Pet Door Connect
  • Sure PetCare Connect Hub (tested)

#Notable Features

• Full control over Sure PetCare devices via Smartthings including usage in rules and routines (i.e, CoRE)!!
  • Control lock mode for Cat Flap and Pet Door.
  • Presence sensors for your pets based on PetCare status

#Screenshots

#Installation Guide (Smartthings Classic)
To install the Sure PetCare (Connect) app:

1. Add the Sure PetCare (Connect) app from GitHub as a new ‘My SmartApps’, select create from code option and paste. Click the ‘Create’ button. Save and Publish.

2. Add the Sure PetCare Hub / Sure PetCare Pet / Sure PetCare Pet Door Connect device types from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish. Repeat for each device type.

3. Add the Sure PetCare (Connect) app within the Smartthings mobile app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Sure PetCare (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.

4. Log into your Sure PetCare account (email and password) via the smart app when first opened.

5. You should be able to select your household.

6. You should then be able to select your Sure PetCare devices and pets in the device selection screen.

7. Once you have selected your devices, click Done on the top right.

8. Your selected devices should automatically be configured and appear under ‘Things’ with the label [Device Name] [Device Type] e.g ’ Kitchen Flap Dual Scan Cat Flap Connect’ (may require SmartThings app restart).

#Github Links
Github Repository Integration details:
Owner: alyc100, Name: SmartThingsPublic, Branch: master

Smart App

Device Types

#Feedback
Please post your comments and feedback on this topic below.

4 Likes

Excellent, many thanks, I’m really pleased to see this!
Our Sure catflap is the best piece of tech in the house as far as my wife is concerned yet is the only smart device not on SmartThings. I shall try this DTH on Sunday.

1 Like

Installation was exactly as explained with no problems. Presence for our four moggies and hub light control work perfectly. Many thanks @Alyc100!

1 Like

Updated code v1.1 now with ‘Keep Pet Indoor’ settings for individual pets. This is only supported on the DualScan cat flap connected models. See main post for details.

Note that if you have multiple dual scan cat flaps then this will set the indoors only mode for the cat across all of them.

UPDATE - Now 1.1b to reduce number of API calls to surepetcare API
UPDATE 2 - Now 1.2 with bi directional curfew settings sync (limited to one time set)

1 Like

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.