Stelpro releases the first Z-Wave Plus Line-Voltage thermostat: the STZW402+ Stelpro Ki Thermostat

according to their page the STZB402+ does not support fan heaters?

“not compatible with forced-air units”

This is mistake on our website, I will report it.
The STZB402+ (ZigBee version) IS compatible with fan-forced heater.

Stelpro did wrote a device handler for its ZigBee thermostat, but it’s STILL under review by SmartThings since at least this summer.

Can Stelpro at least publish it on Github so that customers who have already bought the zigbee version can start using it?

Usually we don’t publish our code

I will speak with our rep to see if Stelpro wishes to make the code public or not.

We might also share to code on “per request” basis.

I will keep you updated on this once I have news.

@gouroufui - Thank you! I got 4 of these thermostats to control my 4 heaters. It was a bummer to find that the device handlers weren’t available. I already have them installed so even returning them is going to be a lot of grief and extra work…

Stelpro decided to publish its device handler on Github since SmartThings publication process takes too long.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I just loaded the handler and the thermostat is working flawlessly!

Thanks again!

1 Like

@gouroufui NOW THAT is customer service!

1 Like

For those who are using the Z-Wave version of the Stelpro Ki Thermostat, here is the updated device handler, now available on Github:

2 Likes

I am using the zigbee thermostat.

I am not able to use automation for reducing the set point or turn off (available in zigbee version) the heater.

Also, when I ask Google home to reduce or increase the temperature, it says that the thermostat is OFF.

Any ideas to fix the above?

scroll up and read @JCon fix. I used his device type on my zwave version and corrected the google home problem.

Thanks. I saw that. However, I have the Zigbee version so that handler won’t work.

Has anybody used this for hydronic floors fed via a line voltage circulator? Seems this should work, providing it’s acting as a temperature based on/off relay. Hot water is provided by our on-demand system and has no attachment to the thermostat.

Has anyone successfully controlled this thermostat via Alexa. It works fine with the smart things app. But when I use Alexa she says the device is in a mode that doesn’t accept requests.she tells me to change its mode in the app or on the device. Is there a way to make this change?

I had the same issue, it refused to make any changes via alexa. I couldn’t even get the updated device handler from Stelpro (on another thread) working. I installed Josh Conley’s Stelpro STZW402+ from github, and that fixed my issues. I even created a “heat” group in Alexa with two thermostats, and now I can adjust the two thermostats at the same time.

I did notice that if you manually put the device in ECO mode, Alexa can’t adjust it. I didn’t figure that out until after changing drivers, but I don’t think that was the issue with it.

Thanks so much! This fixed my Alexa connection problem.

Now if only I could get her to recognize half degrees!

Anyone able to publish an updated device handler for the zigbee version. I’d love to let Alexa control this bad boy

Sorry, newbie here. I ordered 12 of these. Do you install to your ST hub by just using the “add a thing” and it should find them?

Just click “Add a thing” and the SmartThings hub will detect it

Just saw your note…Ask Alexa can control the StelPro units…I had these in a condo I just sold and included the specific commands for these devices right in the code.