[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

I don’t see the bulb icon in the bottom left like on Cody’s bar lights tile. When does that appear? His Tv Room does not have it nor do any of my switches.

I don’t have it either, or a couple other icons don’t come through either for me, like motion, it’s annoying for people with OCD, they’ve changed some icons to be compatible with lower versions of android, like Kitkat, but not all, it can be done, I’m hoping they’ll get round to it.

BTW…a warning if you try out a Fully+ActionTiles combination on your smartphone…

I did that last week. Unfortunately I wasn’t thinking about the animated weather map link I have on my AT page when I backed out of the Fully app…which proceeded to keep running in the background (even after I closed it) and constantly updating the map. After 2 days my phone displayed a notification that over 2 GB of my cell plan data had been used (a threshold I set), and by the time I got home and was able to look into it Fully had used 2.35 GB total.

Oops.

1 Like

I see the tiny little bulb to the left of the on / off for all my Hue (a19, go, bloom, lightstrips) and LIFX bulbs in my Panels. For Wemo smart plugs that I have named as a light, this just shows on or off. Mine looks consistent.

Thx. I don’t have Hue or LIFX so that likely explains it.

1 Like

Glad I have an unlimited plan. I’m using Fully (paid) and LANNouncer on a tablet on the wall and I have 3 different weather map Doppler like tiles going on. Only reason I went with Fully was a quick and dirty way for the camera / motion detection functionality versus the Tasker route

What does gratuitously mentioning the fact you paid for Fully have ANYTHING to do with your comment? I would pay for it too if AT worked on it consistently, without backend updates breaking it.

Only reason I mentioned paid was toward my comment about functionality with the camera and motion detection. That functionality isn’t available with the free version of Fully. Nothing to do with AT functionality, just automating the tablet to wake up when I am in front of it.

and FYI. I would preferred to not use Fully at all. But the cheapy tablet that I purchased just for the purpose of displaying AT on the wall came with no sensors and the easiest and quickest way to achieve the results I was looking for was by installing that browser. What issues are you experiencing with it? I haven’t up to this point had any known issues. I really don’t ever do anything with it. It’s on my wall and when I walk by I see my AT and function within my panels. It’s locked down to remain on Action Tiles so I don’t use the Tablet for any other functionality.

My original reply was more for being thankful that I have an unlimited data plan because like DParker I have a bunch of weather related tiles that constantly update. So to answer your question, EVERYTHING and NOTHING. :slight_smile:

As far as I understood reading about the Fully Browser and the PLUS features (Motion Detection, Kiosk Mode, etc.) that they were free to try, but required a license at some point. After configuring, testing and running for a while, I purchased the PLUS license.

GETTING PLUS LICENSE.

All PLUS features are FREE to try. Please test all needed Fully features with your website and your device before ordering a license. If something isn’t working please contact me before ordering a license. Ordering a license won’t fix any bug.

If you like the PLUS features you can remove the “PLUS Features Activated” watermark by purchasing the PLUS license. The license can be comfy obtained directly in the Fully app. You can use the following button for the case if you prefer using another device/browser:

#########

Not quite sure why my post resonated so negatively with you.

Sharing what i am running for AT was aimed at any other individuals who may have a similar setup and wanted motion detection and wakeup functionality. There were previous discussions about automating wakeup and stuff in different tablets and phones and I was just sharing one simplified solution that is working for me. Showing off was not an intended motive. Being helpful and sharing different ways that things can be done was.

2 Likes

The bulb sub-icon appears for any Switch reporting Capability “Color Control”. It changes to indicate the color setting reported by the Thing.

1 Like

http://r.m.yahoo.com/api/res/1.2/JSdCFxzE99INcH_tKxhpfw--/Y2w9cGhvdG87Zmk9Zml0O2g9NDYwO3c9NDYw/http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Captioned/stripes_lighten_up_francis.jpg

3 Likes

How dare you show off your wealth by telling us you bought a $4 product license :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

LOL - Sometimes you just let people go ahead and vent their frustrations. I’m not going to take it personally. I meant nothing negative to anyone in any of those posts. Looking back I see the issues he has been experiencing with Fully and I feel his pain on other things I have had negative results with. But him attacking my technical abilities, well thats not something I will lose any sleep over.

7 Likes

i don’t think you are the first one that has come under his attacks

'Cuz @slagle has much better things to do, I’ll be his proxy and state what should be obvious: “Please be nice, everyone”. :relaxed: Thanks!

1 Like

:slight_smile: I know. I spent a few minutes to read to get an understanding. Hoping the last post let’s it rest where it is.

Doing my best to keep it that way.

1 Like

Have you been doing this on ios or Android ? Using Fully kiosk or another browser ?
On my android tablet, if I use fully kiosk, I have a blank white screen. And using chrome, it opens a new tab but the uri is prefixed with unsafe: and it’s not doing anything.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you