[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

This is the same tablet I bought and it works great for AT. I use Fully with motion detection.

2 Likes

Running ActionTiles on 2 Nexus 7ā€™s both running Cyanogenmod (2013?). Also, have it on 3 Fire HD 7", modded to run Google apps but still using the stock OS. Everything is running smooooooth! I have two hubs so had to purchase two licenses, money very well spent. Keep up the great work guys.

3 Likes

do you have to run tasker or do you are you able to use just those two apps?

No, I donā€™t use tasker. I also have LANnouncer running for door chimes and motion sensor alerts.

how does it wake up your screen or do you have it on all the time? i wish i could use something other than motion detector to get an alert from my ST motion sensor to wake up the screen

The PLUS (paid) version of Fully has motion detection capability so when you walk in front of the screen it turns on. Which means that the camera will always be on to detect movement. I have my tablet plugged in to power 24/7. Havenā€™t had any performance problems yet.

1 Like

Did you say you have an Amazon Fire?

No, 10" Insignia tablet from Best Buy. Stock Android 6.1 Marshmallow.

1 Like

Well shoot

Got my invite, this thing is fantastic. One question, I thought I saw someone had a tile that was scanning twitter for a specific # and then responding back from it.

I apologize if I am confusing this with another dashboard. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for the complimentsā€¦

That Tile doesnā€™t sound like a something that ActionTiles can currently do, though there have been some astounding hacks.

We are looking for creative ideas like this though!

Appreciate the quick respnse!

1 Like

Random tidbit hereā€¦ I recall a convo back when ActionTiles was just getting going that some people (myself included) couldnā€™t access it from work due to SmartFilter blocking it as Uncategorized.

I randomly clicked one of my panel links last week and my work filter no longer trips.

Iā€™m able to access the ActionTiles website and all my panels without any problem now.

First, thatā€™s freakinā€™ awesome and kinda made my day!!

Next thoughā€¦ was any action taken that could have fixed thatā€¦ or did it just kind of happen organically as the site grew?

Just wondering as the WebCoRE panel which I started using (and was SmartFilter blocked) around the same time is still blocked and I was wondering if there is some action that made it happen, or if Iā€™m just going to have to resort to a wait and see.

Either way, panels at work is awesomeā€¦ I usually get my random ideas while Iā€™m sitting at my desk, now I can tinker whenever!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think we did something in particular that would have affected SmartFilter or other fire-walling. Thereā€™s a chance some random DNS tweak I did for no particular reason and donā€™t remember when or why or if ā€¦

So ā€¦ we just try to be ā€œgood internet citizensā€ :angel:

I think ā€œActionTilesā€ now comes up as a Google Search result, instead of it assuming a spelling error ā€œDid you mean action tilesā€? ā€¦ for example.

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with pulling up panels right now?

Beta site is not working for me, but production is (app.actiontiles.com).

works fine for me

Beta had a glitch, but should be back up nowā€¦ please check.

Thanks!

Still down

Try now, pleaseā€¦

BTW: This is a good test of our Status Page (still under development): https://status.beta.actiontiles.com/

#More importantly:
Please do not post Beta issues on the SmartThings Forum. Please use the ActionTiles Beta Forum (https://support.ActionTiles.com)

1 Like