[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Here’s all we have on Nest Cam at this time…

License purchased and applied to my account. Thank you!

1 Like

Licence process works very smoothly , all ordered and applied, thanks .
Not sure how many UK users you have but it might be worth considering adding £ sterling as a currency option ?

3 Likes

Is stripe the only option for payment because I have no intention to provide my credit card info to ANOTHER payment system. I’m open to other options…is Paypal possible?

Checkout page doesn’t like Privacy Badger, I assume due to some Stripe back end tracking?

@stephack Stripe is solid, been using them for a long time without issue. And at this point, credit card company’s are VERY good at filtering out bad stuff and alerting you. They tend to be over protective even. I get where you are coming from for sure, but can’t live life without risk! :slight_smile:

If you have the correct card, a few allow it, you can create a burner number that’s one time use. Cap One and Discover I think, but can’t recall for sure.

Edit: I do like how you accept bitcoin, for the 5 people that use it! It’s like bitcoin has become the next PayPal.

1 Like

I have no doubt. I’m just sick of signing up for new accounts and giving away my info to everyone. Wedding gift…sign up for a new account here and provide your info. Donate to charitable cause…sign up here too. Sorry, but my quota has long passed. I have Paypal and would LOVE to give this project my money but I’m not creating another unnecessary account.

5 Likes

This has probably been asked before but I have a couple feature questions prior to committing to AT:

• Custom formatting: Will custom formatting be available (whether via a customizer or CSS), and, if so, will it be available per panel, per tiles, or overall?
  • Custom Tiles: Will we ever be able to make custom tiles (i.e. a tile that displays HTML something)?

For what it’s worth, you don’t need to create an account, it process’ like any other web store.

3 Likes

I get the same. I have never been able to get my Nest/Dropcams working with ActionTiles or SmartTiles. I have tried all the ‘tricks’ in the various threads.

License purchased and applied. Quick and easy. Only suggestion would be to have some sort of discount for multiple locations (or like a “Lite” version that could be limited by number of devices) - I’m using my old V1 hub to control around 5 lamps at work. It would be awesome to have Dashboards for that hub, too, but I’m having a hard time justifying $24 for such a small number of devices.

Ahh…thought it was like another paypal where you have to create an account and save your payment info. I’ll check it out again. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Payment and license key went very smooth.

1 Like

Payment process went smoothly. Sorry for being THAT guy earlier, but when I researched Stripe it appeared to be a Paypal like service and not just a payment processing backend. Good thing too because I just bought a couple of second hand Fire tablet for this use case. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the headsup @michaelahess

6 Likes

Hi does anyone know how to add arlo Q to the media tile either for video stream or still image?

For those with Nest Cams. Rather than trying to setup a URL Shortcut to an individual camera and having all your cameras set to public streaming, maybe create a single URL Tile that accesses your Nest application directly. What I found when viewing a public streaming of your camera from nest.home.com on the web) is that it is delayed by 20 to 30 seconds (way past real time).

I have an Android and all I did was create a single URL Shortcut that redirects me to my Nest App (not the web). For this I created a single URL Shortcut with this as the url:

For those on IOS to find what that shortcut would be, goto the web version of Nest (home.nest.com) and login. You should see a blue box on top that says View. That button is a redirect to your Nest mobile app. If you hover or copy the URL, that should give you what you need.

Thx
Mark

2 Likes

I only use Smarttiles on my desktop right now. What I have done is set a tile for the URL of the Nest Website. I’d much rather have the live video on SmartTiles itself though.

I don’t know of anyone who has a single nest camera setup using a Media tile where it displays correctly. I tried it a couple times without success. You can have a URL Shortcut and that works fine, but not Media.

Going back to my statement about the nest cam delay. View one of your cameras from the web and then walk in front of the camera. See how long the delay is before you see yourself :). Mine is at least 20 seconds on any one of my 5 nest cams. In the app, it’s a fraction of a second delayed.

Delete, wrong topic

1 Like

In protest of the “Brexit” we are only going to consider € Euros :euro: for the future! :smiling_imp:.

Well… Actually, the reason we offer :maple_leaf: Canadian Dollars (CAD) and :us: (USD) as billing currencies, is that our company is based in Canada (and the USA), and we have banking accounts directly in both currencies.

While we could try to show currency conversion for others, it might be misleading as the charge will not match what the credit card will actually get billed. Perhaps we will get UK :gb: (£ GBP) bank account eventually.

2 Likes

Stripe may be using certain extra cookies / tracking … at least partly for fraud prevention.

But we do the typical amount of Google Analytics and similar tracking as well.

1 Like