[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

The link on the phones browser does look like the link example you sent.
Using the Safari browser, I can get to the panel no problem. From the browser, I select “Add to Home Screen” and this creates an icon on the home screen. When clicking the icon, I need to log in. There is no way that I know to allow cookies and I am not in incognito mode.

What does it look like?

Please email Support@ActionTiles.com so we can have this discussion privately. Thank-you.

What is the current lag time for new users being accepted into ActionTiles? (I signed up about an hour ago).

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying ActionTiles for about a month. When do I need to pay for it? Will I get an email?
The still working boss might make me skip a few days worth of “beverages” to pay for it, so I need to plan. :joy:

You’ll see a notice on your Panels.

(PS: I’m hoping to activate License purchasing over the next few days. Cleaning it up and a bit more testing to do now.).

1 Like

###ActionTiles Functionality Restored

There was a 2-3 hour issue with ActionTiles this evening, during which Tiles showed updates but commands weren’t accepted by SmartThings.

We communicated closely with SmartThings Support and the issue was resolved without intervention required by us at ActionTiles. We will review the SmartThings post mortem once available.

###Our official Topic is at:
http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1308-resolved-system-wide-actiontiles-outage-error-when-issuing-commands-tapping-tiles/

1 Like

I’ve been a SmartTiles User for a long time and need to set up a few more separate tile designs/layouts. I just came across that SmartTiles is being discontinued. I am happy to migrate to the new system, but how long before I get my invite? I signed up for the mailing list yesterday.

Actiontiles has been working really well for me so far. Thanks for all of your hard work. Is there a way I can see the history of a sensor from the app? Like if I click on a door sensor I can see when it was last opened? Thanks again.

I had a very strange thing happen today. I have a Hue bulb that follows a Smart Lighting rule to turn on a specific color for a couple different contact sensors in my house. I also have this bulb in a tile on my main ActionTiles dashboard (which is always opened in a wall-mounted tablet) so I can turn the light off if all the contact sensors happen to be open and I just want the light off. Pretty simple. Has been working fine. Today, however, from 5:47pm until 6:29pm, this light turned on and off every minute and the log shows “ActionTiles V6 (Connect)” followed by “Switch is Off” and then “ActionTiles V6 (Connect)” followed by “Switch is On”. I came home to find the switch/bulb on at 6:29, used my ActionTiles dashboard to turn it off and this seemed to end the cycle. See the image for a snapshot of the behavior which extended for 45 minutes. I also noted that the Chrome browser I used for my dashboard had exited full screen mode and was showing the “Chrome is not the default browser” alert when I came home. Nobody was at the house during this time, so nobody was interacting with the tablet/dashboard. Any ideas what might have happened?

Nope. I don’t have a clue.

If you think the situation will repeat itself, please try to have Live Logging open so that we might get … some clues.

I took a look at the system log for the machine I use for my dashboard. It is one of the Microsoft Surface 3 tablets. The smaller screen device they no longer make. Operates on micro-USB, no brick, so makes for a nice dashboard. Turns out it rebooted due to an update. Today was Patch Tuesday. The behavior began on restart. As the machine auto-logs-in, Windows restored state, relaunched Chrome on the ActionTiles URL but didn’t go back to full-screen mode, hence how I found it. From that moment until I manually intervened, it flipped that one Hue bulb on and off about every minute (it isn’t exactly a minute, kind of randomly between 50 and 90 seconds).

Wacky.

1 Like

When I saw chrome is no longer the default browser I thought to myself, it sounds like windows… sure enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, but that doesn’t really explain the button on the dashboard getting pressed every minute for 90 minutes while nobody was home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have any “still-image” Media Tiles with a refresh rate set?

Just speculating here…

I do not. Just standard “things” and a couple blanks.

Found the power supply for my old Asus Transformer tf700 tablet the other day and finally got it flashed with a rom that doesn’t suck…

Setting it up to be used as a docked control hub for the kitchen.

Some screens of the real estate on this thing.
Icons are medium large.
The camera is a raspberry pi zero w unit with the NoIR Camera v2.1 module running MotionEyeOS.

5 Likes

###Release v6.3.0 deployed: Infrastructure for License Purchasing (payments)

• Trial expirations will be at least 3 days notice and are rolling out in batches (even for folks who logged-in the first few days of March…).

More details on our ActionTiles Forum:
http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1345-release-v630-deployed-infrastructure-for-license-purchasing-payments-will-be-activated-in-batches/

2 Likes

How do you get that 7-day forecast integrated?

It’s a media item that links to the image from my local news station’s website. Just go to yours, find the forecast like this and right click the image and copy image address. Paste into url field for the ActionTiles media tile you are creating.

1 Like

I’m having an issue with nest cam
It appears just as a grey window and says invalid URL
It’s set to public and i copy and pasted the URL into the media tile
Hell?