[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Welcome to ActionTiles… and the quirks of SmartThings!

That seems to be the easiest fix and worth a try, please.

Maybe someday we’ll figure out a way around it. I don’t know why various Sensors seem to have no initial values for their Attributes. We can’t just assume it is dry!!!

got mine setup, now. thanks! this is nice.

1 Like

I have a question. Is there a way to adjust the order of your Tilesets? I have a panel with 4 Tilesets and wanted to move one from the middle to the bottom. I don’t see a way other than deleting the set and adding it back.

Under edit panel you can select arrange tiles,

Tilesets, not Tiles. Unless I am missing something you cannot move a Tileset there.

I’m sorry - I miss read your message.
Yeah you are right there don’t seem to be an option to move titleSets.
In my setup I only used one Tileset per panel. I called every section of my house as one panel.

Go to Arrange Tiles. On upper right of screen, next to view, click on Tilesets.

Thanks Dan!

Thanks for helping out Dan! Super appreciate it!

Gentle reminder to @issagak and @ispy and everyone; please don’t forget to read the Cue Cards (which are also found in the context sensitive in-app Help Page).

The Cue Card for Arrange Mode reads:

:smile:

Please note the the Help button is available in the Hamburger Menu and takes you to a relevant Cue Card.

1 Like

I did not see it here but. in Smarttiles I was able to use customer css to only show a portion of an image. I have seen several people have traffic or weather. I have add it as media but the image is very long and narrow. I would only like to view the middle section. https://images.wsdot.wa.gov/nwflow/flowmaps/video_map_SeattleMetro.gif is there a way to only show a section of the image in a tile?

This is no possible in ActionTiles at this time. You might be able to find an online dynamic cropping service; I’ve run into such a thing in the past (i.e., you feed it the image URL plus the cropping parameters and it outputs the cropped image, all just from a URI)…

Indeed, here is such an image resizing server app (didn’t check if it crops…); but you’d have to install and host it somewhere:

Oops! Sorry!

###We are currently “caught up” on Invitation Code emails (March 24th, 6pm Pacific Time)!

• I know folks like to explore ActionTiles over the weekend, so I’ve pushed out the “up-to-the-minute” batch of Invitation Code emails just a few moments ago.

• About 5% of emails in our database are still “unconfirmed”. That’s pretty good for a bulk-email system and we thank everyone for marking our emails as “not spam”, since that is extremely valuable to a growing operation like ours!

• Still… If you’re in that 5% of unconfirmed subscribers, you may never receive an Invitation Code (ack!) so… You’ve got three options:

• Please double-check your spam or “promotions” folders or any type of spam filtering system you have in place.
    • Please review the extensive recommendations in our Knowledge Base Article for whitelisting: ActionNews@ActionTiles.com, Support@ActionTiles.com, and even noreply@actiontiles.com
    • Consider getting a free Gmail account if your ISP seems intent on blocking us. Gmail may drop us in your spam folder or “promotions” tab but that’s pretty easy to search.

Happy … ActionTiling!!!

Just started using ActionTiles and am loving it so far but have a few questions regarding features:

1. Is there a way to set a refresh rate (I.e. force the dashboard to update every X minutes)?
  2. Is there a way to get the current outdoor temperature from a site (Yahoo Weather, Weather.com, etc.) And display it? Could this be done with other information via a self hosted site, etc?
  1. No need to have a dashboard Panel reload / refresh at all. Each Tile is updated dynamically “instantly” when Events are received from SmartThings. (This is a huge improvement over SmartTiles which might not update tiles for as long as 30 seconds after an event).

2. Outdoor temperature can be handled via a Weather Tile: How do I add the SmartWeather tile? / ActionTiles Forum / AT Support & Ideas
    or a Weather Image: Share your favorite Weather Media Tiles? / ActionTiles Forum / AT Support & Ideas

Please feel encouraged to explore our KB and Forum (at those links).

Thank you! I got the weather tile working but think I need to be a bit more
specific about by first question. I am using a Philips Hue bulb which we
often control by simply flipping the wall switch (non-smart). When we flip
the switch to off, Hue and SmartThings reads the device as unreachable but
ActionTiles doesn’t update or show any change to its status untill it is
turned back on. Is there a way to get the tile so show the light is
unreachable and/or turned off?

No. ActionTiles is an interface to SmartThings.

If the SmartThings DTH isn’t working properly, it has to be fixed on that end.

How did you do that 5 day weather on the ActionTile?

Just went to my local news website and looked for pictures of the 5 day that was updated periodically. The picture needs to be a clickable link. Then add that link as a media url to A.T.

1 Like