[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

I love ActionTiles ! , I was looking to put physical battery powered buttons in three areas, now with Actiontiles, I’m thinking of just mounting a fire tablet instead. So my Q is, does fire tablet still works fine with ActionTiles ? I just want them to be on all time, powered, screen on when someone passes by.

1 Like

It didn’t work on my Fire Tablet when ActionTiles launched, but since the update it works great on it, with CM 12, and Android 5.1.1.

2 Likes

yea, done. i was trying to avoid that since this is my primary. i need to change. been trying to change email addresses for 10+ years… :wink:

1 Like

Trying to convert from Smarttiles to Action tiles, but some things that are working fine in Smarttiles dosent exist in Actionties.

Such as Dim with me virtual dimmer. Working just fine in smarttiles, but not showing in Action tiles.

Please refer to the FAQs:

This is definitely the #1 asked question.

1 Like

Yep, solved it.

But one more question, In Smarttiles and Quartz theme i get a slider to dim a light.
In actiontiles i get tre dots (more menu) and there i can dim lights. Is it anyway to get the slider? Cant seem to find how to do that.

No, you can only use the slider through the drawer.

Is this feature comming? Wife Acceptance is better with the slider :slight_smile:

We don’t currently plan to add a slider directly to the tile. It was moved to the overflow drawer due to ergonomics. There’s much more room for fine tuning the selected value, the thumbs are bigger and compatible with keyboard-based navigation.

ActionTiles goes through vigorous WAF Testing. My model is compatible with ActionTiles, but there are too many models to test and you mileage may vary. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

My model was recently upgraded with a kiss and request to please try it for more than a day. Now AT is fully compatible!

4 Likes

Hey guys,
not necessarily for most of the people here, but I made a very basic youtube video about ActionTiles. Im going to be doing a full series on smartthings in the future, but started with this. It’s more for people who are just getting started. I just made my channel so i would appreciate some feedback and (subscribers). please feel free to share the video to anyone who may be interested. Many more videos to come soon.
Thanks for your time.
Drew

update: audio issue, fixed now

3 Likes

Thank-YOU, Drew!!! :heart_eyes:

Tweeted…

PS: Let me know if you have any social media handle you’d like me to tag / link to.

Working on getting those going for TaylorTech. Thanks for the plug anyhow! I really need the exposure this early on.
P.S. @tgauchat I’ll be making a more in depth video on ActionTiles soonish. Feel free to email me to give me anything specific you guys want in there.
Taylortech22@gmail.com

2 Likes

Just as an fyi, ActionTiles works well on the Xbox One. Nice to see on a large screen.

4 Likes

no email for gmail address either…

• If you haven’t received (and clicked) a CONFIRMATION REQUEST email, then please submit again: ActionTiles.com

• If you have CONFIRMED then there is no need to request again, but it does not not hurt.

• If your email was already confirmed, you WILL be sent a message that reads:

This email address is actually already subscribed,
so you do not have to subscribe again. This message has been sent
to protect your privacy and only allow this information to be
available to you.

• Invitation Codes are being sent less than 5 days after your confirmed subscription date.

Check out (@taylortech22): https://twitter.com/taylortech22?s=09

1 Like

Any plans to increase the size of the clock font? Matching the clock font size from smarttiles would be nice. Right now it is too small for a 2-tile clock. Thanks

Please search the ActionTiles forum to see if this has been requested yet, and if not, then please create the request there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, i have a few leak sensors that i recently added. I am getting the infamous “?”. Reading the knowledge base here:

http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/1038-question-mark-shown-on-virtual-switch-or-other-connected-thing-tile/

I am still a little confused. It seems like I am supposed to force it to detect water then it will work from then on? Am i right in my understanding? Just trying to understand! Thanks for all the continued hard work!