[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

We’re still doing some batches, but they are catching up! …

• If you subscribed to ActionTiles News (and received and clicked the Confirmation Link) before March 8th, you should have received your invitation by now.

• If you fear that you may not be on the list or didn’t confirm, then you can just “subscribe” again, and it will send you another confirmation link (or a message saying “you are already on the list”). Be sure to whitelist or check spam for the emails from ActionNews@ActionTiles.com.

• How to add ActionNews@ActionTiles.com to your address book/white list.

Thank you! The spam filter found it, I didn’t.

1 Like

Boom found it. Don’t know how I didn’t notice it. It looks amazing!!! I’m out running some errands and can’t wait to get home and dive in!

1 Like

Spam has ruined the internet for everyone! We’re using “best practices” for opt-in email lists, and we have a 10 out of 10 rating for “newsletter email quality”, which checks a variety of factors that confirm we don’t “look like spam”. Unfortunately, some email software or providers are really aggressive; but they have learning algorithms. Gmail, for example, notes everyone that presses “not spam” on ActionNews@ActionTiles.com and improves our reputation … eventually that will make Gmail less likely to mark us as spam.

1 Like

AOL mail (which handled e-mail for Verizon, now Frontier) is the same way, and also deemed the activation code I was sent to be spam. Fortunately I’m in the habit of checking that folder every day because it routinely filters stuff even from vendors I do business with on a regular basis.

1 Like
2 Likes

My work is blocking ActionTiles.com as a “parked site”…anyone else have similar issues?

We had one Beta Participant who reported they couldn’t access ActionTiles.com from their work network, and was certain it was a firewall block. I think he was a contractor, so he did not escalate to the IT department.

• If you are only in need of our app when on that network, please test: https://app.ActionTiles.com as it has a different destination in our cloud.

• If you are permitted to use external sites at work, in general; we would find it beneficial if you could ask your IT or networking department to investigate the block. Perhaps ActionTiles is in some published or purchased blacklist, in which case we would have extra reason for concern and would want to remediate!

• For detailed debugging, let’s take the thread to an ActionTiles Helpdesk Ticket please: Support @ ActionTiles.com

• But the general question “is anybody else finding that ActionTiles.com is blocked” is a good one to leave open here in the Community. :wink:

Yup, I have the same thing. The app link given in the above reply is also blocked.

It may not be your work, specifically, I believe. My company’s filter recently got much more aggressive. Half of my personal websites are also blocked, and I’ve been working on them from work since 2008. They have no questionable content. There has been some recent blocking of sites which have been rated as “Uncategorized”. I have the same problem with the WebCoRE smartapp as well. I have done some minimal research on trying to figure out how to fix my own sites, but I haven’t been able to figure anything out. It’s definitely a pain. It seems there are a few databases out there that companies pay for use. Here’s what I see:

Your request was denied by SmartFilter while attempting to retrieve the URL: http://actiontiles.com/ the content reported by SmartFilter is: Uncategorized. The Corporate Internet Access Policy is configured to deny access to this category.

I know this is only a narrowly-targeted workaround, but does your company’s firewall block VPNs too? If not, at least you’d have a way of connecting when you need to.

I’d have to look… but generally, a workaround to bypass an established policy would be grounds for termination… so I wouldn’t even mess with it without express permission! But I do believe they do block VPNs. But my situation may be more strict than most.

1 Like

From that snippet you posted its saying the website is uncategorised so just means your filter doesn’t know what type of site it is.

If you know who makes the filter you can contact them to update that category into the correct group; some providers even have online forms to fill in to do this.

Often the manufacturer holds a master list which the unit will look at for updates, you are just correcting it. No doing wrong there.

ActionTiles could also help by making sure their tags are all correct on the website (I’m sure they are) so it’ll crawl the site correctly.

I work with loads of filters all day everyday for banks, schools and businesses etc so lnow their problems well.

Kraeg

1 Like

That’s because you’re supposed to be working at work… :wink:

4 Likes

So I have just been using ActionTiles for a few days now after anxiously waiting for my invite code to show up and I don’t even know where to start…

:flushed: I can’t choose the right word here …impressed …grateful …thankful so I say them all to the ActionTiles team that put this remarkable product out. I could not have dreamt how incredible this product was going to be in improving on the standard SmartThings user interaction experience. Bravo for a job done with excellence! :clap:

6 Likes

The invite queue is now under 7 days long (and likely to shorten quickly as we are ramping up to full-speed).

###If you Subscribed prior to March 9th and haven’t received an Invitation email:

• Please be sure to have confirmed your email list subscription by using the confirmation link in the email that is sent to you almost instantly when you subscribe.

• If you didn’t receive a confirmation, then you used the wrong email address or the confirmation went to spam.

• Even if you’ve confirmed, the Invitation itself may be in your spam folder: http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/910-where-is-my-actiontiles-invitation-code/

• We force resend the confirmation requests once or twice at most (after several days); since otherwise … we are actually spamming :confounded:

• Please do not report our emails as “spam” or “abuse”, as that could make it more likely for emails to be flagged as spam for other people, including critical emails like password reset requests for the app! :pray:

2 Likes

Is there anyways to make the clock text bigger? Right now its too small for a 2-tile clock. Thanks

3 Likes

Where could I get some tips on how to set up my tiles? I was hoping to have live weather map along with video streams from my cameras. And also traffic cams for my commute. Maybe some other features as well but I’m not exactly sure how to do these thing so help would be greatly appreciated.

My panels keep dissaperaing. Everyone once in a while everything I have done just dissaperas like I never did it. Is this happening to other people as well?

Not disappearing per se - just seems to be down

Did we go belly-up? Blank screen here.

UPDATE: … aaand it’s back.

1 Like