[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Try using Tasker to set display timeout to a few seconds at night them in the morning change back to something like a 24 hours timeout I use sharp tools to change the timeout based on modes.

2 Likes

That works to time out. But I have to manually reenable the display. And on this tablet it involves pushing the power button.

In the smartapp what does the ā€˜Set for specific modesā€™ do? I thought that might be of some use but it doesnā€™t seem to have any affect.

Another KB/FAQ for me to write! Good question!

That is a field (along with the SmartApp rename option) that comes automatically if a SmartApp doesnā€™t use dynamic pages.

It should prevent the SmartApp from running except in the selected modes. Which means your Tiles wonā€™t get updated if you donā€™t leave it blank or youā€™re not in the right mode(s).

hopefully someone has encountered this.
though it is working just fine on all my PCs and wall mounted IPAD, I canā€™t get my video show on any of my Android devices (cellphone and another wall mounted tablet)
I broadcast using Blue Iris
Http://ā€œipā€:ā€œportā€/mjpg/ā€œcamera nameā€/video.mjpeg

What browser on the Android?
Have you opened the browser and went to that address to see if it works outside of ActionTiles?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Blue Iris ā€œfeature requestā€ on our Forumā€¦ So Iā€™m surprised that it works at all.

May I ask you to perhaps try joining in the discussion there, please?

1 Like

android browser version 5.0.20-45. Also tried on Chrome 53.0.2785.124
URL works just fine if i try it outside of ActionTiles.

Oh I see. It is not supported yet. I works fine on my PC and IPAD just not on the Android devices.
Yeah Iā€™ll follow the other discussion.

@Jwwhite
Itā€™s not the ā€˜end-allā€™ on the topic, but hereā€™s a place to startā€¦

1 Like

Personally, I had no idea it worked on iPad; and not sure what the specific Android limitation isā€¦ Maybe newer Android works? Try Chrome on a PC too?

We donā€™t have Blue Iris to test with. :disappointed:

This works! Thanks!

Set up the motion detection in fully, then the motion will wake it up the first time and it will stay on until the mode changes again.

1 Like

Yeah I tested that and it works fine with Chrome on my PC

No Worries - You guys did a fabulous job already.

1 Like

Seems to be mjpg streams. Firefox works on android from my testing.

I had trouble with chrome myself but Firefox works fine on my android tablets and wink relay

Worked perfectly with Firefox.
Thanks

Glad it helped. Iā€™d like a better solution as Firefox is rather heavy on the wink relay I am using.

Been playing with ActionTiles the last few days. I like what Iā€™m seeing.

My one issue is that my Arlo cameras are not showing up in my devices under the My Location section to select for ActionTiles to see. Is there any specific issue with Arlo cams imparticular?

Yesā€¦ Officially a ā€œknown issueā€ now; Iā€™ll put up on Forum.

There is an issue with the SmartThings DTH, we think: code is not in the public GitHub,ā€¦ Darn.

Has anybody seen this?

It really intrigues me. Looks like a great solution for, say, the kitchen or extra bedroom. Could see this running ActionTiles. The combo of Alexa, Android and speakers all in a clean package makes sense. Btw, Iā€™m not affiliated in any way and Iā€™ve never supported an indigogo campaign before, but Iā€™m going to keep my eyes on this one.

Edit: I guess this may not be the proper thread for this even though the main reason I would buy it wouldā€‹ be to run ActionTiles, I will start a proper thread.