[RELEASE] ST_Anything v2.9.7 - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32 to ST via ThingShield, Ethernet, or WiFi

Minor ST_Anything v2.9.7 release is available. Minor tweaks to both the Ethernet and ThingShield Device Handlers to be compatible with revised IS_Button.cpp file. If you upgrade your Arduino code, please be sure to also upgrade your Parent DTH’s.

@ogiewon Hello Dan time for another successful project this time out of necessity :frowning:

When i first heard about you and ST_Anything was when you wrote to me when i was struggling trying to get webIOpi working on my Raspberry pi to control my garage doors. Well i got that one working and i also used that Rpi as a garage camera but what i could never get working was my garage door sensors because i could not figure it out how on webIOpi with the resistors etc.
Anyhow i settled on using the garage just as a on/off switch… until yesterday when i left the door open for my wife and she accidentally turn it on when the car’s back was half way in and over the sensors and the garage door landed on top of her cars rear window and damaged the trunk badly on her little crossover suv.

Well sorry for bothering you with the long stories but how can i use ST_Anything with my pro reed switches / floor sensors that i have had installed a long time ago?? https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Ademco-958-Overhead-Contacts/dp/B0006M1I1W/ref=sr_1_36?keywords=garage+reed+switch&qid=1568852064&s=gateway&sr=8-36
I have wired and wireless internet in the garage? do i use a Arduino mega and a Ethernet shield or a nodeMCU and what code do i use?? do i need to wire resistors or not?? by the way i have 2 garage doors and everything is wired and ready to go i just need the ST_Anything part figured out

Thank you in advance
Denis

Sorry to hear about the car damage.

The simplest, lowest cost way to get started is to use a NodeMCU ESP8266 board along with this ready to run example sketch for 2 garage doors.

https://github.com/DanielOgorchock/ST_Anything/blob/master/Arduino/Sketches/ST_Anything_GarageDoors_ESP8266WiFi/ST_Anything_GarageDoors_ESP8266WiFi.ino

No pull-up resistors required. Your magnetic reed switches would simply be wired between GND on the NodeMCU board and corresponding GPIO pins as defined in the sketch. Do not change the pin assignments as not all GPIO pins are created equally.

Likewise, you’ll need two relays connected to their corresponding pins defined in the sketch as well.

Let me know what other questions you have along the way.

Ah you are the man :slight_smile: thank you for the quick reply

I will wire it right up…quick question though i do not want to use the relay part as i already have that one working right now on ST through webIOpi on the Rpi how and where do i comment that out??

Thank you very much indeed
Denis

In that case, you should simply use two IS_Contact devices instead of the IS_DoorControl devices. Personally, I’d move the relays over as well to have an all in one solution. There’s an example of an IS_Contact in the ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi sketch.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.