[DEPRECATED] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

Yeah, I have updated a couple where I could find a “official” DTH that was doing the same function/capability and copied those. To be honest I only really did the ones I use the most so temperature, humidity, contact, etc.

1 Like

That’s great.
I couldn’t use them could I ?
I’m only using the temperature and humidity ones also.
Thanks

I put the updates into the Github and as long as you download the DTH updates from the repo you will have them.

With that said the new app “locks” the DTH in the app to whatever the first one you used was. So you have to force stop the app, clear its cache, switch the DTH to something else, save it, wait a minute or two, switch it back, save it, then open the new app again. It should start using the updated version.

1 Like

Thanks for that I’ll do that.
Can I just confirm you mean Dan’s Github not yours ?

Correct, @vseven submitted some pull requests to my GitHub repo which I merged in quite some time ago.

2 Likes

Not having much luck with that for some reason.
I did what you said and force stopped and cleared the cache of the new ST app and swapped over the DTH and then back again but it’s still showing offline in the newer app.
I noticed in the edit history you changed the metadata to “generic-humidity” but then changed it back to the temp again.
Is it definitely working for you using the “generic-temperature-measurement”
Thanks again

Make sure you when you switch it you were hitting save and try closing that screen for a minute or two and then going back in and switching it back to what it should be.

In the screenshot above the first two devices for outside air conditions are voltage devices on the back side but temperature and humidity on the front. Next two for the temperature in the garage is a dth sensor, and the last one is a contact sensor I use to tell if the heater is on. All on one ESP32 with ST Anything so definately sure it works.

I think I know what may be wrong…the new app is requiring devices to have the “Health Check” capability now and Dan’s doesn’t have that in there and mine does since I was playing with it. In fact that’s the only change I can tell between our DTH’s. I sent you a message with some things to try and if it works I’ll put in some code changes to the repo.

1 Like

Hi done it now thought I’d post on here to say.
For some reason it just wouldn’t work with your DTH by using your method.
I ended force closing the app and clearing the cache like before , then went onto the classic app and deleted one of the child devices and waited for SmartThings to recreate it which it did.
Then logged into the IDE and changed the device handler to yours and saved.
And it now seems to be working fine on both apps.
Thanks for the help guys.

Hrm…its weird that you had to delete the device and have it recreate, I have not had that issue. I am glad it is working. I’ll put in the code changes to the master repo and you can switch back to the ST_Anything one for your code changes instead of using mine.

EDIT: Whats extra weird about this is my humidity sensor DTH is exactly the same as the one in Dan’s repo. My temperature sensor however has the health check. Both work fine in the new app. Is anyone else using temperature/humidity and does it work correctly in the new app as is? Don’t want to make a code change if it’s not needed.

Yeah there’s something odd about the new SmartThings app.
I think it’s something to do with when you created the child devices to when the new app detects them and adds them.
So I did mine but it stopped reporting the temp after the initial few which I remember from right the beginning it doing similar.
So I edited and copied and pasted your code into Dan’s main Child Temperature Sensor DTH and changed the naming to suit.
Then I went through it all again deleting etc and it’s reporting fine now and I changed the device name on the classic app.
So then I opened the new ST app and it auto detected it asking to assign a room but the name was still “ACE (temperature1)” so it didn’t pick up the new name I had given it even though it was showing ok on the IDE, But it is reporting fine on the new app as well now.
I’ve just deleted my humidity device that was showing offline in the new app and recreated on Dan’s original DTH and your right it’s working ok on the new app without the Health check.
But where it should show the humidity level it just says connected and you click on it to go in and it displays it inside.

Well, none of that makes any sense. :slight_smile:

As you can see for my screenshot I definitely get the humidity values on the main screen and honestly everything has been working fine since I made the code change about four months ago.

At this point it might just be easier for you to delete all your devices including the controller, delete all the DTHs, redownload everything, and then recreate the device.

Ah yeah didn’t spot that on your screenshot.
Yeah it’s odd, I think I will start again as I’m wanting to add some bits anyway now I know how to get them working I’ll be ok :grinning:
Thanks

Thanks, ok, I added all the children plus parent device handlers. and configured the device with IP MAc Address etc, and Success, I can see the arudino and configured it. The child device propogated and I can control it from both ST_Anything and Google Home. Thanks a lot, I didn’t realise I can just copy and paste the device handlers DUUUHHH!!!, thanks a lot guys, amazing stuff

1 Like

Minor ST_Anything v2.9.7 release is available. Minor tweaks to both the Ethernet and ThingShield Device Handlers to be compatible with revised IS_Button.cpp file. If you upgrade your Arduino code, please be sure to also upgrade your Parent DTH’s.

@ogiewon Hello Dan time for another successful project this time out of necessity :frowning:

When i first heard about you and ST_Anything was when you wrote to me when i was struggling trying to get webIOpi working on my Raspberry pi to control my garage doors. Well i got that one working and i also used that Rpi as a garage camera but what i could never get working was my garage door sensors because i could not figure it out how on webIOpi with the resistors etc.
Anyhow i settled on using the garage just as a on/off switch… until yesterday when i left the door open for my wife and she accidentally turn it on when the car’s back was half way in and over the sensors and the garage door landed on top of her cars rear window and damaged the trunk badly on her little crossover suv.

Well sorry for bothering you with the long stories but how can i use ST_Anything with my pro reed switches / floor sensors that i have had installed a long time ago?? https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Ademco-958-Overhead-Contacts/dp/B0006M1I1W/ref=sr_1_36?keywords=garage+reed+switch&qid=1568852064&s=gateway&sr=8-36
I have wired and wireless internet in the garage? do i use a Arduino mega and a Ethernet shield or a nodeMCU and what code do i use?? do i need to wire resistors or not?? by the way i have 2 garage doors and everything is wired and ready to go i just need the ST_Anything part figured out

Thank you in advance
Denis

Sorry to hear about the car damage.

The simplest, lowest cost way to get started is to use a NodeMCU ESP8266 board along with this ready to run example sketch for 2 garage doors.

https://github.com/DanielOgorchock/ST_Anything/blob/master/Arduino/Sketches/ST_Anything_GarageDoors_ESP8266WiFi/ST_Anything_GarageDoors_ESP8266WiFi.ino

No pull-up resistors required. Your magnetic reed switches would simply be wired between GND on the NodeMCU board and corresponding GPIO pins as defined in the sketch. Do not change the pin assignments as not all GPIO pins are created equally.

Likewise, you’ll need two relays connected to their corresponding pins defined in the sketch as well.

Let me know what other questions you have along the way.

1 Like

Ah you are the man :slight_smile: thank you for the quick reply

I will wire it right up…quick question though i do not want to use the relay part as i already have that one working right now on ST through webIOpi on the Rpi how and where do i comment that out??

Thank you very much indeed
Denis

In that case, you should simply use two IS_Contact devices instead of the IS_DoorControl devices. Personally, I’d move the relays over as well to have an all in one solution. There’s an example of an IS_Contact in the ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi sketch.

1 Like

I’m using a NodeMCU with an HC-SR04P Ultrasonic sensor to measure the water level in my covered pool. I am getting random periods of data interruption. This screen shows that it was updated

but this shows no update for that time

The sensor is transmitting data and will refresh upon command

Capture

Any suggestions on how to get this working correctly.

Thanks

Tom