[DEPRECATED] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

network info added.

Sketch looks good. How about the parent device details screenshot from the web IDE?

Updated to the most recent version before doing this.

• Change History:
  • Date Who What

• 2017-02-08 Dan Ogorchock Original Creation
  • 2017-02-12 Dan Ogorchock Modified to work with Ethernet based devices instead of ThingShield
  • 2017-02-24 Dan Ogorchock Created the new “Multiples” device handler as a new example
  • 2017-04-16 Dan Ogorchock Updated to use the new Composite Device Handler feature
  • 2017-06-10 Dan Ogorchock Added Dimmer Switch support
  • 2017-07-09 Dan Ogorchock Added number of defined buttons tile
  • 2017-08-24 Allan (vseven) Change the way values are pushed to child devices to allow a event to be executed allowing future customization
  • 2007-09-24 Allan (vseven) Added RGB LED light support with a setColorRGB routine
  • 2017-10-07 Dan Ogorchock Cleaned up formatting for readability
  • 2017-09-24 Allan (vseven) Added RGBW LED strip support with a setColorRGBW routine
  • 2017-12-29 Dan Ogorchock Added WiFi RSSI value per request from ST user @stevesell
  • 2018-02-15 Dan Ogorchock Added @saif76’s Ultrasonic Sensor
  • 2018-02-25 Dan Ogorchock Added Child Presence Sensor
  • 2018-03-03 Dan Ogorchock Added Child Power Meter
  • 2018-06-05 Dan Ogorchock Simplified Parent & Child Device Handlers
  • 2018-06-24 Dan Ogorchock Added Child Servo

Looks like it is working. You have one child device created correctly. Is the issue that it does not update from open to closed?

If so, did you update and Publish all of the Parent and Child Device Handlers from my GitHub repo recently? There have been some recent changes, and both the parent and child device handlers must both be updated as they are a matched set.

Thats what it was. I updated the master parent and not the child. Working as expected now. Thank you very much for the help! What a way to spend a Saturday…

1 Like

Are there any tips for when the child devices don’t sync up? I have a board using the ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi as just an attempt to get it to sync and its a no go. This is my 3rd board using this and the others seem to be working but I just cannot for the life of me get this to sync. I run smartthings through the nvidia shield dongle and recently I have noticed it is showing the port/ip as all 0s, not sure if this is related or not.

I can “refresh” the added parent and see the refresh action on the serial output so ST->Device communication looks good, but I don’t know enough to check the opposite direction.

In the ST Classic Phone mobile app, you need to configure the Parent’s Settings for the ST_Anything device’s IP Address, Port, and MAC Address…

Sorry I forgot to put that in, that image is the refresh message when I save from adding in the information from the phone app

Did you remember to specify the Location and Hub when manually creating the Parent Device in the ST Classic Web IDE?

I did, I even nuked it all and started over with the same results. My shield device updated this week and I have read it also updated some ST software so I am a little suspicious that it broke something. The hub IP is listed at 0.0.0.0 with the same MAC.

Thanks for the help

Yes, I would recommend you contact support as that does not look good.

Hi Dan,

First let me take this moment to thank you for your wonderful work.

Here I have an idea , that we can use the neopixel bar graph as a water level indicator . I have taken and completed the other project ultrasonic water level indicator . Though we can alert via hue lights, I thought if we can trace the level through a bar graph in real-time and use st_anything/webcore.

Any idea or pointer to control neopixel on st_Anything or smartthings?

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Pugazhendhi M

1 Like

I have never found the time to work on adding Neopixel support to ST_Anything. Another user attempted to do so, but ran into some issues due to the tight timing requirements of the Neopixels versus the timing requirements of ST_Anything’s networking.

If you figure out how to make the two work together, please share as I am sure others would also be interested.

Hi all,

I am just today getting into this and I have a question about older alarm wiring for heat sensors My original wiring was a series parallel affair. At the end there was a resistor. The alarm system monitores that resistor to make sure the wiring was intact. if there was abreak in the wiring there was a trouble alert. A fire indication was initiated with a short across the parallel section. Is that something that can be done using the libraries?

Thanks

Not currently possible. It would seem you would have to use analog inputs to monitor multiple voltage levels.

On the ST hub code from the live logging does it pull those IPs from the hub settings or from the settings I enter on the phone? If its the hub is there a way for me to hard code it? I am wondering if I manually enter the correct IP if I can’t get them talking.

Good Morning, thank you for your hard work. I can’t seem to get the child devices to populate. I’m using a ESP8266 NodeMCU board. I’ve flashed it with SmartThings_On_Off_LED_ESP8266WiFi. It connects and gives me the MAC ect. I’ve assigned it a static IP. I’ve also created the parent as ACE after importing your github repo and automatically adding all handlers as published. It asks me to configure, I have. Then when I hit save in the smartthings classic app, nothing happens. When I hit refresh, the COM monitor emits “refresh.” I can see a rssi value. In the smart things cloud IDE i see an alert where the child creation failed (when you just create without gear and setup). After that it says buttons configuration changed and then nothing. I keep getting the “refresh” message on the COM when hitting “Configure” or “Refresh” for ACE on the app. Thanks for your help!