[DEPRECATED] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

How would I say a light since her up using an Arduino.

So I am just trying out one of the “basics”,ST anything, multiples,esp8266wifi, but I am getting this error, if anyone would be so generous as to help me out ?

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: “WeMos D1 R1, 80 MHz, Flash, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200”

WARNING: library Servo claims to run on (avr, megaAVR, sam, samd, nrf52, stm32f4) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (esp8266) architecture(s).
In file included from C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ST_Anything\EX_Servo.h:42:0,

from C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ST_Anything\EX_Servo.cpp:36:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Servo\src/Servo.h:75:2: error: #error “This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM, SAMD, NRF52 or STM32F4 processor.”

#error “This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM, SAMD, NRF52 or STM32F4 processor.”

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board WeMos D1 R1.

Hi Dan,

I really love what you’ve created, I’ve used the ST_Anything libraries in the past for odd short -term projects, albiet nothing in the last year or so.

I recently attempted to set up an ESP8266 using the ST_Anything_Relays_ESP8266.ino sketch from your examples, and have been encountering some trouble with it. I can’t seem to get any of the pin states to change when I press the button in the app (button stays at “TURNINGON”,

however, the refresh button in the app seems to work, or at least causes the ESP8266 serial output to pass the pin states.

I’m not sure where I could be going on, I’ve double-checked the instructions, and everything -looks- right to me. This is where I am currently:

• Example sketch ST_Anything_Relays_ESP8266.ino uploaded to ESP8266 with the wireless credentials changed. Processor connects to the wifi router and three relays are added as observed in the serial monitor. [Attached images limited to one]
  • Parent device created in the ST IDE - When the device is configured in the ST Classic app the child devices show up.[Attached images limited to one]
  • When the refresh button is pressed in the classic app, activity is seen in the serial monitor:

17:38:22.885 → Everything: Received: refresh
17:38:22.885 → Everything: Sending: relaySwitch1 off
17:38:23.070 → Everything: Sending: relaySwitch2 off
17:38:23.470 → Everything: Sending: relaySwitch3 off
17:38:29.147 → Everything: Free Ram = 46768

I haven’t been able to read through all the posts in this thread, but it seems that it might be similar to what AlecBL is seeing?

If pressing Refresh is working, then we at least know that the Parent Device can talk to the ESP8266. Pressing the On/Off of each child requires those child devices to make a call into the parent device. By any chance, were duplicate child devices created? Did you manually delete any child devices? If so, that will cause the issue you’re seeing. Delete the Parent Device (not DTH groovy code) and manually create it again.

You can also watch the Live Logs and see exactly what the errors are. That would help troubleshoot.

I just compiled the same sketch on my computer, selecting the Wemos D1 board. It compiled and linked without any errors whatsoever. Not sure what to tell you. I did recently update the Servo device code, which also requires other changes to ST_Anything as well. Have you downloaded all of the latest Arduino Libraries and Sketches code from the ST_Anything GitHub repo?

There were instances earlier today where I had duplicate child devices created, but for the last attempt / data gathering for the post, I created a new device and there were no duplicate child devices created.

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen much of anything in the live logging. All I get is this one message when the device is created:

86b9c0cd-e14f-440b-b1dd-bf4724cb8b8c 7:00:38 PM: debug Executing ‘installed()’
6:55:12 PM: info Waiting on events

6:55:12 PM: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.
6:55:12 PM: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

This is what the device page looks like:

Thanks for your insight, I really appreciate the time you have put into this.

Leave the Live Logs window open while you click Refresh on the Parent Device. The ESP8266 should send a status update for all three relaySwitch devices. The Live Logs will help explain what is going on.

Yeap too big for Arduino Uno R3 i tried to trim it down as much as i could think of to be safe and i am still at 106% of storage space 
and it s only 62 lines long 
i guess alot of “include” libraries we could not be without :frowning:

Denis

All,

I was able to load a sketch on to a LinkSprite LinkNode R4 board tonight.

It was pretty simple
 Here is the new example sketch for this particular board. The hardest part is getting the USB to Serial adapter wired up and then manually configuring the Arduino IDE to program the board. Within the sketch I included the LinkSprite URL with the Arduino IDE programming instructions. I used Arduino IDE 1.8.8 with ESP8266 v2.4.2. Have fun!

UPDATE: There was one gotcha! The MAC Address reported in the Arduino IDE Serial Monitor window is not correct for some unknown reason. I used the Hubitat Live Logs to determine the MAC address that this board was actually using. You could also check your router’s active DHCP leases to figure it out.

Thanks once for, for the prompt reply.
Well, I reloaded Arduino and that seemed to fix it, so I guess the issue was in the Arduino files.

1 Like

Ran into a compile error when working with the esp8266 garage door file. The Ardino is looking for the #include "SmartThingsESP8266WiFi.h file. It’s in another file, do I need to move it to the same directory as the garage door ino file?

No. You should keep all of the library folders from my GitHub repo in your 
\Arduino\libraries folder. This is detailed in the ReadMe.

Hi Dan
Could it be that my relay is dead?? Ok I had been using my curtains opener and closer for a few months now like a clock work without any problems whatsoever with our NodeMCU and 2 realys attached to it using your ST anything here [RELEASE] ST_Anything v2.9.2 - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32 to ST via ThingShield, Ethernet, or WiFi

Today i see that there is no response from it
 i have removed and plugged back in the power supply to turn it on and off a couple of times no change. The NodeMCU is online i can see it on my dhcp table and i can ping it, also when i go to the IDE and look at the live logs i do not see anything out of the ordinary no errors. It looks like the ST app is communicating with the device. I can turn the curtains motor on and off manually so i now that is working i just don’t hear any relay clicks.
Does it mean the the relay board is dead??
What else can i look at before i get the ladder and take it down??
Here is a screen shot of the live logs for your information.
thanks again and have a great Sunday
Denis

Looking through your Live Logs data, I only see

Parsing: relaySwitch1 off

meassges. Thee should be some “on” messages as well at 4:12:28pm. This means that those requests were not successfully processed by the ESP8266. Therefore, the output was never changed, and the relay never fired.

Why? I don’t know. Have you tried power cycling the ESP8266?

@richland007 - I just fired up my old ST Hub v2, allowed it to update its firmware, and then I powered on a NodeMCU ESP8266 running the ST_Anything Multiples example sketch. Bi-directional communications is working fine. I was wondering if the recent ST firmware upgrade could have been responsible for what you’re seeing
 apparently that’s not it. Of course, a reboot of your hub and the NodeMCU wouldn’t hurt. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Dan! Been a while since I’ve checked in, but my devices have been working flawlessly for almost a year.

But after the update my devices are spastically responding late to commands. Sometimes late, sometimes right away. I’ll give it another day before I start reloading sketches.

On a side note! Any timeline on when everything can migrate over to your son’s project? Sounds promising! I’m just worried about my blind control.

What update are you referring to?

The hub firmware update

Not sure what to tell you
 My test earlier today was fine. Have you tried rebooting your ST Hub? Just a guess.

Yeah, everything is working right now. I can’t really tell it’s acting up until things just stop responding for a while. Although I haven’t updated anything in months, so that’s the next step. Everything was fine until the update.

I had already rebooted the NodeMCU a few times before i even took to writing but not the SmartThings Hub
that did the trick.
After rebooting the hub
 taking it off the power, internet and the batteries and reinstalling it again after like 10 minutes it started working again 
yesss
Thank you my man :slight_smile:

1 Like