[DEPRECATED] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

I think you are running into the same problem I had with my ESP32. I even posted a question about it on the Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange: arduino - Very dim RGB LED strip when using MOSFET - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange

See if that describes your issue and if so you need new MOSFETs. I can lookup my amazon order history and find the ones I used that worked if you need.

Awesome! That makes sense. My Gtv is min 2v Max 4v. I used a simulator and noticed the FET wouldn’t trigger enough to light up until 4v… I would appreciate if you could tell me what FETs you used…

Here is what I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z98SRG/

And here is the spec sheet for them: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/General/RFP30N06LE.pdf

The ones I initially bought were 2 - 4 also. These are 1 - 2 (you just care about getting higher then the 2 part) and worked great.

My ESP32 has been very solid since I replaced my Netgear Nighthawk all-in-one router for a Ubiquiti USG + AC-Pro combination. With that said I’m literally installing Ubuntu on a VM as I type this and I planned on recompiling the ESP32 firmware from github so I can flash my module with the latest version. Allegedly they’ve made some strides in the WiFi performance and a lot of other things since I last did it.

EDIT: If you want to try a updated firmware. Here is the image (zipped up): http://allandynes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/NodeMCU.zip and here is the flasher to use: Releases · marcelstoer/nodemcu-pyflasher · GitHub . See if that helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Why St_Anything_AlarmPanel

The door contacts doesn’t trigger the alarm
Need help
Thank you

How did you wire it? What board are you using? You’re going to have to provide a lot more information before we can help troubleshoot.

Also, you have to use a SmartApp like Smart Home Monitor to actually link the door sensors to your alarm siren.

NI’m using Arduino esp8622 , did all the steps for ST_Anything_AlarmPanel Has 1 alarm, and 5 door contacts
So when the door change the status, from close to open, the alarm doesn’t trigger, but I can triage the alArm from SmartThings app
This is normal
And how can make the Alarm trigger when the door contacts open and armed

Are you wanting the alarm/siren to go off when a door opens as an intrusion alarm? If so, use Smart Home Monitor.

Or, are you wanting a quick beep that a door has been opened in your home, replicating what many home alarm systems do to simply alert you that a door has changed state? If yes, you’d want to build this functionality into the sketch somehow.

All my Alarm Panel sketch is designed to do is make you door/window sensors and siren available for use within SmartThings. There is no local logic programmed into the sketch.

Thank you for clarifying, I’ll use 3rd part application, to do that (webCore)
Thanks again

1 Like

Question on the servo library.

Is there anyway to command the servo to move to a position, then power down?

I ask because my servos move to a position, then hum. I’m almost certain it’s due to the quality of the servos. I feel like it’s an easy fix to code, but you’ve done amazing work and I don’t think I should just poke around.

Thank you!

Yes, it is definitely possible, it a little tricky to implement. We have to let the servo finish the move to its new position before turning it off. So, a timer would be needed to prevent blocking the rest of the ST_Anything system. I’ll need to thick about the best way to implement the feature.

Thank you! Something about hearing buzzing coming from my blinds puts the thought of “house fire” in my mind.

Greetings to you
Dan:
Refer to the ST Anything sketch,
I would like to send commands from callback function to other devices under same ST hub. Could you please advise whether it is possible or not? Thanks
Tito

No, this is not possible. The best way to achieve this is within ST, using something like webCoRE.

Good morning. Thanks Dan

You would just have to call “servo disconnect”, right? Or am i missing something?

There problem with using “servo disconnect” is that without “delay” after it, the servo isn’t given enough time to move to a new position. The problem with the “delay” function is it pauses the entire sketch, not just the servo. I don’t think it’s impossible, I just don’t think I have enough experience with Arduino.

I am going to get this feature added soon… been busy here though…

No rush, I was just responding to why the servo disconnect on its own won’t work. But for the sake of conversation and learning, what would be a possible work around? Maybe timing everything with the “millis” function? I was doing some research on my own and I had an idea to use transistors to disconnect the servo power wire, being that cheap servos don’t like being energized with no signal input.