[DEPRECATED] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

Just a FYI for anyone that might be interested in this. I figured it out and all the code has been published into the standard ST_Anything library.

If anyone wants to try this on a ESP8266 please download a fresh copy of the library and you will see a new example sketch for RGB. I only have ESP32’s so I’d like to know that it works. It’s designed to control “analog” RGB LEDs. It can be individual LEDs (like Diffused RGB (tri-color) LED [Common Anode] : ID 159 : $2.00 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) or analog RGB strips (like Amazon.com which are only $9 for 15 feet). If it works correctly on a ESP8266, which I expect it to, I’ll add the code for RGBW also.

There is a cheap RGB controller currently, the H801, but it can only really do RGB control with one strip. The ESP8266 can do one strip plus a couple extra points and the ESP32 can do up to 4 RGB strips with a single controller again with additional points also. And since its runing ST_Anything it doesn’t just have to be a RGB controller, it can do all the other stuff ST_Anything already does. For example I plan on having a door chime hooked up to the same one doing RGB light control so I can hear when my doors are opened from the kitchen which I currently cannot. I also plan on using the single RGB LED for status of my alarm panel, changing color based on whats going on (doors open, system armed, etc).

Again if anyone has the ability to test please do and let me know.

6 Likes