[RELEASE] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

I have included most all of the required libraries that the ST_Anything devices depend on. usually one can safely upgrade those dependent libraries and test for themselves if everything is alright. I have not, nor do I plan to, tested all of the latest and greatest dependent libraries. I just don’t have time to try to keep up with all of the library changes.

So, I would suggest that you keep your newer versions of libraries, and only revert if necessary.

I am always happy to accept pull requests to update the documentation. In the past 6 years, I think that maybe only one user has ever taken me up on that offer… :wink:

By the way, for anyone researching on how to fix this issue, I simply went to the SmartThingsESP8266WiFi.cpp file and commented out, “Serial.println(ArduinoOTA.getHostname());”

This worked for me! Good luck!

Has anyone used a VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) Laser Ranging Sensor in ST_Anything?

Is st anything still working in the new app? I have followed all the steps and read various problems but I can’t get children devices to show in the new Smartthings APP.

I only got a device handler with a refresh button but no chirdren devices are created. I have static IPs in my nodemcu and st router V3 and I can ping both.

Any help?

Yes, ST_Anything is working with the new ST App. You may have missed a step in the ReadMe. Please go back through all of the steps to make sure everything is correct. Without sharing a lot more information, it is difficult to say what the issue might be.

Could this help to find my mistake?

Thank you for your time.

The error is in your Arduino Sketch. Please UNCOMMENT the two lines for the SmartThings hub IP and Port. And then comment out the two lines for the Hubitat hub IP and port. Rebuild the sketch, and then load it on your microcontroller again. This should make a big difference!

That was my error. I didn’t see it. Thank you very much to For making me see my stupidity. :smile:

1 Like

Hi,
First thank you for all your hard work.
This is the first time I’ve used the NodeMCU ESP8266-12E and the lightweight footprint has appeal for monitoring humidity and temperature and for controlling the latter.
I think I have most of the correct code in the correct place but the device isn’t working in SmartThings.
First: the sketch:

That all seems OK.
Com Serial Port proved tricky to find a working driver but eventually found one and ESP8266 appears on COM4.
Managed to download sketches and libraries to:
Documents/Arduino/libraries
and
Documents/Arduino/sketches
…followed by successful compile and upload.
Sample output on COM4 console shows:
So, it looks like the DS18B20 is connected properly and reporting room temperature of about 77F.
Network sniffer shows the ESP8266 on the correctly assigned IP address.

Second: SmartThings was less forgiving.
I had already integrated GitHub into SmartThings for the “GentleWakeUpController”
However, there was no “Settings” under “My Device Handlers”. Logged in to GitHub and could access the repo interface.
Added GitHub repository Successfully.
Adding Device Handlers threw multiple server 500 errors:
Managed to coax most of devices into ST IDE but these remain:
However, both parent handlers do appear to be published:

Added new device “Heat Pad ESP8266”
Device appears in ST mobile app:
…and when opened, looks like this:

Note that I added the DHs one-by-one including all child and parents as far as Server 500 errors would allow.

I can’t get beyond this point. I think the problem is with the Device Handlers, but I don’t know for sure.
Hope you can suggest a next step. Thanks, Ric

Ignore the .json files. Those are not needed in the ST Web IDE.

Please go back through the ReadMe and make sure you didn’t miss any steps.