[RELEASE] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

Pressure Measurement is not a standard capability within the SmartThings world. Thus, it is not supported in the New ST App. There is a way we could try to make it work as a Voltage Measurement device… :thinking:, however that type only displays a value when you open up the device in the New ST App.

I would try deleting this one child device again to see if it comes back better. I have tested the water sensor successfully.

Correct, they will not come back the same as before. You could create some virtual devices to swap into their place in your webCoRE pistons, then delete the child devices. Once they come back, swap them back into the pistons and delete the virtual devices.

This is a very good suggestion and is exactly how I tested everything recently.

You’re welcome!

Tried deleting the water sensor a few times.
No change. Still no connection.

Wow. That was way painful. I had 6 contacts and 4 relay switches on 1 ESP32. What I did was go into the IDE and copy down all the Webcore routines connected to each one. Because multiple ST Anything devices were in several Webcore apps, if I deleted everything at once, I’d be chasing my tail trying to remember which statement referenced which device, so I deleted each of them one at a time, refreshed the Parent by saving the timeout value to create the deleted device, renamed it in the IDE, re-added it to Webcore, and then edited the pistons. Then I re-created my scenes in NewApp. Some of these contacts are security/STHM related, and they are now working there as well (previously STHM ignored them).

:cold_sweat: but in the end, I can see everything now working in New App.

Thanks for the help. Painful, but good also to have everything where it is supposed to be.

2 Likes

Great to hear that! Thanks for sharing your experience as it will most likely help many others.

Does this water sensor show up properly in the Class ST App? Does it have a value of either ‘wet’ or ‘dry’?

Yes, water sensor works fine in classic app.

Hi Ogiewon,

Thank you so much for the powerful infrastructure you have created. I’ve just started creating devices with ST_Anything for remote control of wireless blinds, fans, etc.(433 & 304mhz ook). I got it all working, however, as I was playing with it and adding/deleting children on the device for various tests, I seem to have corrupted the device table. I now get the dreaded “error 500: internal server error”. Still waiting on Samsung support to help clear it (7 days!). Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again in the future?

thanks,
Marcus

I have never had this issue. Thus, I really don’t have any advice on how to avoid it from happening again.

ogiewon,

Fully powering down ST Hub didn’t help. I did reserve IP address for ST Hub in my router.

I’m trying to update code for my Device Handlers but can’t remember how to do so on the IDE.
On my Device Handlers page I can see Status for your Child Alarm, Child Contact Sensor, Child Relay Switch, etc shows they have been Editted.

I have a github repository pointing to DanielOgorChuck’s ST_Anything master branch.

But when click Update from Repository for ST_Anything (master), the boxes for Obsolete (updated in GitHub), Conflicted (updated locally and in Github) and New (updated only in Github) are all empty, as if nothing needs to be updated.

I tried clicking on the individual device handlers, but I don’t see anywhere to update from github.

How do I update the ST_Anything device handler code?

Sounds like you’ve actually updated all of the ST_Anything DTH code, but forgot to check the “publish” box when you did so.

So, now all you had to do to change the status from EDITED to PUBLISHED is to click on the name of each and every one of the DTHs, and the click the PUBLISH->ForMe button.

How would I go about trying to use the Voltage Measurement for my pressure readings? Is this a change to the DH or the ESP8266 code?

Yes, water sensor works fine in classic app.
Any ideas on how to get it to work in the NEW app?

It works fine for me in the new app. Maybe double check that the Child Water Sensor DTH has been updated AND Published?

Here is an example showing it working.

ogiewon,

Thanks for your help. Ran PUBLISH->For Me for each of my ST_Anything DTHs and everything started working again in the classic app.

I then migrated to new ST app and my non ST_Anything devices seem to work.

However, my ST_Anything devices no longer display their state as they did in the classic app.

Which I click on a ST_Anything child, it shows Contact sensor with a picture of a cloud with a slash through it.

When I look at the ST_Anything child in the IDE, Current States displays the correct state of contact:open or contact:closed, even though the new ST app does not display the state.

Is this expected behaviour under new ST app?

ST_Anything appears to be working in the IDE based on the IDE Current States, even though the app does not display the Current States like it did in the classic app.

Did you delete all of the Child Devices and the let them be recreated automatically? If not, they will not work in the New ST App, unfortunately. Yes, this means you’ll have to redo all of the automations that use these child devices.

No, I didn’t.

What is the recommended procedure for deleting all of the Child Devices? Searching this thread I see warnings about manually deleting child devices as it may break the Parent.

That was quite some time ago. It appears ST has corrected that issue, as my recent testing was successful with deleting child devices in the new ST App.