[DEPRECATED] ST_Anything - Arduino/ESP8266/ESP32

Just a FYI for anyone using the new Samsung app. I put in a bunch of tiny code changes to add metadata to some of the DTH’s so that they will work with the new app. I didn’t do all of them, just some of the main ones like temperature, humidity, contact, Etc. I’ll look into doing the other ones in the future but these are the ones I had time for. @ogiewon merged my changes in a couple days ago so you’ll have to go into the IDE and update your device handlers if you haven’t.

Unfortunately that’s not all you’ll have to do to make the new app show them correctly. It seems there is a ongoing bug where the new app holds onto the device Handler the first time it sees a device and doesn’t like to update it. The fix on Android phones is to go into settings than apps than the new SmartThings app, force close it, then clear its cashe (storage). Once you do that go into your IDE and switch the device Handler for each devices to something else, honestly it doesn’t matter, and save it then go back into the device and switch it back to the correct device Handler. Once that’s done start the new app backup and it will pull the device Handler information again which will now be correct. I have no idea how to do this on an Apple but I’m assuming you just uninstall the app, do the device Handler change thing, then reinstall the app.

Although it takes getting used to the history feature on the new app is kind of nice. Unfortunately I’m not sure why it only is working on humidity and not temperature but I’m looking into that too.

1 Like