SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Sonos Talking Alarm Clock

smartapp_alerts
smartapp_voice
tts

(Kyle ) #59

@tgauchat - i reckon this could be an interesting project for us :wink:

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #60

I’m afraid that my love and development time are with Amazon Echo at the moment :smirk_cat:

(Carlos Santiago) #61

@MichaelS after an app update the alarms no longer play through the Sonos speakers. If I try to play the alarm summary, I get:

b19375f6-1fc8-47f7-aecc-63c55703917c 8:39:48 AM: error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @ line 928
b19375f6-1fc8-47f7-aecc-63c55703917c 8:39:47 AM: debug Summary message = The following is a summary of the alarm settings. Alarm 1, School Days, set for 6:00 AM, is enabled.
b19375f6-1fc8-47f7-aecc-63c55703917c 8:39:47 AM: error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @ line 928
b19375f6-1fc8-47f7-aecc-63c55703917c 8:39:46 AM: debug Summary message = The following is a summary of the alarm settings. Alarm 1, School Days, set for 6:00 AM, is enabled.
b19375f6-1fc8-47f7-aecc-63c55703917c 8:39:46 AM: error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @ line 928
b19375f6-1fc8-47f7-aecc-63c55703917c 8:39:45 AM: debug Summary message = The following is a summary of the alarm settings. Alarm 1, School Days, set for 6:00 AM, is enabled.

(Micheal ) #62

Unfortunately, this is an issue in the SmartThings back-end infrastructure. I have alerted support and it is being escalated. Copying @tslagle13 on this as he is the one who alerted support that it was on their side.

All voice/Sonos apps are broken at the moment, so I would assume it is in ST best interest to get this fixed.

(Dawn Fairbro) #63

@MichaelS @tslagle13 as you are aware this one of my favorite apps. (it saved my bacon a time or two) it has worked flawlessly. However once it became an approved (published) app it has not worked again. I thought something was wrong with my Sonos speaker. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I can get other talking apps (motion in the garage) to work but not Talking Alarm Clock :frowning: Any suggestions? Yes I put in a ticket :smile:

(Carlos Santiago) #64

Funny, I did exactly the same thing. Thanks @MichaelS for letting me know is a problem on ST’s back-end. I just opened a ticket with them since this has been broken for weeks. BTW, other apps that interface with Sonos like SmartAlarm and SmartTiles are still working.

(Micheal ) #65

The only way to get visibility to this is to open a ticket. It actually took Tim to verify it was a backend issue to have support believe it wasn’t just a programming issue on my part.

Also, to clarify, other Sonos Apps still work. It is the textToSpeech command that does the creation of the voice URL in code that seems broken.

(llcanada) #66

Any news on whether this is going to be fix and when?

(Micheal ) #67

No news yet, but it was asked again in another thread. I had to resort to just playing music to wake me up in the morning :frowning:

(Carlos Santiago) #69

Is textToSpeech still broken?

(Micheal ) #70

As far as I can tell…@tslagle13 is there an update to this?

Tim is using his staff ID now: @slagle

(Tim Slagle) #72

Still not up to snuff, sorry guys. It’s still on the ever increasing list of things to do. :frowning:

(Micheal ) #73

Got a report that this started working today…is this on the road to getting fixed? I am not at home right now and can’t test, but am excited at the possibility it could be working again.

(Micheal ) #74

I tested this and unfortunately it appears to still be broken :frowning:

(Tim Slagle) #75

There was some traction on this yesterday :smile:

(Bobby) #76

The traction was…that not even the very short custom messages are being saved anymore :frowning: The TTS was working for me prior to yesterday for things like “Garage Open” or “Email Received”. But I tried to save a few more this morning and I no longer am able to save any custom messages…

I have 4 of the Sonos devices in my house. Absolutely LOVE my system! Sonos has very high WAF ;).

I am new to SmartThings and just integrated Sonos with my latest V2 hub. I am trying to setup your “Sonos Talking Alarm”. I have the whole thing configured…and tested using the summary notification, so I know the Sonos integration works. My problem is that the event never fires. I have it setup to go off at 5:30a M-F but it did not go off this morning. I changed the time to 1:05p and watched the real-time logs…there is never an event that fires.

What am I missing?

(Carlos Santiago) #78

Make sure you are not using the text to speech feature where the alarm speaks Good morning… and the weather. ST broke that feature months ago and they still have not fix it. I had some scheduling issues earlier in the week. I disabled the 5 AM alarm, but it ran anyway :rage: . I enabled it, waited a few minutes, and disabled it again. That took care of it.

Thanks CarlosS. I went back in to change the setting and remove what you mention. I noticed that the event also had an “Only During this mode” set so that it only went off during night mode. I think that is what messed it up because I was able to get the entire thing working…even speaking the weather forecast!

I appreciate pointing me in the right direction though!! Looks like maybe you can get yours working.