[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Ok, thanks.

Hi, Thank you for creating the customer firmware and SmartThings code - the firmware runs perfectly and the response times are great.

How have people connect this with GoogleHome/Alexa to enable voice control?

So if you connect your Google Home / Alexa to SmartThings you can link the devices from your SmartThings account to their services. After choosing the devices to link, you simply say “Hey Google, turn Sonoff on” (or whatever you have named your Sonoff device in Smartthings). You can also give the device an alias in Google Home if you want to refer to it by a different name.

1 Like

As anybody managed to flash a sonoff SV and add to ST?
This would loads of utilities

I am looking to add this to a commum alarm sounder so it can be triggered to flash/alarm when security intrusion detected.
Would be a lot cheaper than existing zwave alarm sounder.
Thanks

I believe that the SV works with the standard Sonoff firmware. I haven’t tried it, but I believe there have been a couple posts of its success.

Yes the SV does work with the basic sonoff flash. Also if you de-solder two of the components you can have control voltage at 12v to 90v and switched voltage on relay 12v to 90v giving you to different voltages if needed

Need some help!!!

Can some one help me out with this?
Thanks to the postings on this community and some YouTube video’s I have managed to flash a few Sonoff switches. What I try to do now is program some kind of schedule so that the switches turn ON and OFF at a specific time. I can’t figure this out in the ST app on my phone. When I press on the Configure icon nothing happens and pressing on the settings icon (Gear) doesn’t have the option to program a schedule.

You just need to run an automation smart app like ‘Smart Lights’. It is found in the market place under smart apps, lights & switches.

Waw, is it that easy. Many many thanks Phealt. I have give it a try and it works perfect, I have been using the Sonoff switches with the Ewlink for a couple of months right now, but I’m completely new to ST.

Thanks again, can wait to connect the rest :wink:

Grtz.

Edward

Eric, thank you ever so much for this.

My first dabble at both home automation and flashing firmware.

I had a few issues to begin with, which might have been due to not removing RX and TX after flashing. It would not broadcast a wifi network. But now all sorted, takes a few minutes to do one, and they are working perfectly.

Is the Slampher (https://www.itead.cc/slampher.html) supported? I’ve got about 5 or 6 places around the house where I have lights in pull string sockets that these would be perfect for to be paired up with some cheap Xiaomi smart buttons.

Is there any way to reduce the frequency (or remove altogether) the uptime reports in the ‘Recenlty’ tab on Sonoff page in the Smartthings app? I had a look but couldn’t find a way - my debug logging is set to ‘none’ in the sonoff handler settings.

Having uptime reports every 5 minutes defeats the purpose of the ‘Recently’ feature a bit - I can’t easily see when the sonoff was turned on or off because it’s spammed with ‘Sonoff uptime is 8 days
’ etc.

Thanks

I haven’t developed for the Slampher. I would think the Standard Sonoff firmware has a good chance of working if you want to try it out.

@Meirion_Williams Sure. Find the line that says:

events << createEvent(name: 'uptime', value: result.uptime)

and comment it out:

//events << createEvent(name: 'uptime', value: result.uptime)

1 Like

Ok cool. I ordered one this morning anyway figuring I’d try it out and see if it could be flashed.

1 Like

Sonoff 4CH RELEASE

Flashing is very striaght forward with everything labeled on the board. When applying power with the FTDI adapter just hold down the physical button to put it in flash mode.

What you need:
Firmware
Device Handler
Child Device Handler
Sonoff (Connect) SmartApp

I am looking for someone that can help out with the main post on this thread. I am hoping to create an outline as follows:

Flashing Basics
OTA Updates
Connecting to Wifi
Using Sonoff (Connect)

Sonoff
-Requirements:

• Firmware
  • Device Handler
  • Sonoff (Connect)

-Flashing Instructions
-Device Specifics

Sonoff TH
-Requirements:

• Firmware
  • Device Handler
  • Sonoff (Connect)

-Flashing Instructions
-Device Specifics

Sonoff POW (Beta)
-Requirements:

• Firmware
  • Device Handler
  • Sonoff (Connect)

-Flashing Instructions
-Device Specifics

Would anyone familiar with the project be able to help out?

4 Likes

I can help you out with everything here except the Sonoff TH and S20, since I haven’t used those two yet. I can also add the Sonoff touch and sonoff inching/locking flashing instructions. I was able to flash the sonoff inching/locking one with the generic sonoff code. You can still change between the two modes using the physical button (on for 1sec then off, or on/off). Flashing this device was a challenge since the TX/RX pin doesn’t seem to connect so you have to connect those to the PSA instead.
Let me know what you need me to write up and I’ll put it together.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Firstly, many thanks to Eric for all of the great work on this project and it is his work with the Sonoff which finally convinced me to get going on my Home Automation journey.
Two weeks into this journey, I have hit a minor snag and I am hoping that someone can either point me in the right direction or confirm that this is expected operation.
The snag: I am using my wall switches (ie toggle) connected to GPIO14. Both the ST device and the web interface confirm that the Sonoff is in toggle mode. However, the operation of the Sonoff with the switch appears to be momentary ie I have to flip the switch twice for it to change relay state.
My firmware was downloaded about 8 days ago from the link at the top of this thread.
Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Neil

Problem solved by an extra 1K pullup resistor and a 100nF between GPIO14 and GND. Not really sure why this worked, but it did.

1 Like

Wall switches do not give a clean signal (there is normally some on-off-on style events when switching), hence the capacitor across the pins helps debounce the circuit along with the resistor ensuring it stays high when not in use.

However, if you are using a toggle switch then the resistor will be sinking quite a bit of power, especially at 1k, suggest trying with just the capacitor, and if not then try with a 6-10k pull up resistor

Thanks @cjcharles, I originally chose 1K because there should already be a 10K ion that line and I wanted to test the pull-up hypothesis and I was running out of time. When I get my next set of Sonoffs, I will try with some higher values.