[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

So the steps should have been (for future reference).

1. Install firmware.
  2. Make sure latest Sonoff Connect is Installed.
  3. Install the two device handlers mentioned here.

And then run Sonoff Connect to find the device. Since the device is already installed you need to go back and do steps 2 & 3. Then go into the IDE and change the device handler that has been assigned to the device to the newly installed Sonoff Dual handler. Go into the device, click the gear icon, and then hit done.

Thanks Eric, have got a handful of little sonoffs running lately with your hard work.

I have a question please…

I am going to wire one into a wall box and fit a wall mounted light switch to the push button to control a ceiling light. I also have another sonoff in the room on a regular plug-in lamp cord.
I want to be able to also control this plug in lamp from the wall too, on a second wall switch (2 gang)

Can anyone suggest how to do this?
Can I wire a second switch to a gpio on the wall mounted sonoff and use this in Smartthings to trigger another sonoff?
Or should I install a second dummy sonoff in the wall with no load attached and just use it as a remote switch, and have smartthings control them together some how?

Thanks

Hi Eric. Followed your instructions and managed to get the dual device showing in the app. But also the child devices. As you can see in the picture below. Is that normal?
If i change on or off in child device doesn’t reflect on parental device and vice versa.

1 Like

The first picture is showing the parental device and the child devices after.
Those 3 dual devices are only one. First parental devices the other 2 are child devices.
Is that the normal?

Sorted. Everything working fine. Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone got the POW version to show power usage ?

I can’t seem to get it to show any power usage.

Does the /advanced page for the switch have places to set the reporting interval for each energy report?

Also are there any errors being reported in the IDE?

Yes - They have W Report Interval, V Report Interval and A Report Interval.

The IDE Shows:

21:46:29: debug Current value of setting areport is unknown
21:46:29: debug Current value of setting vreport is unknown
21:46:29: debug Current value of setting wreport is unknown
21:46:29: debug updated()

Sorry - My fault.

I had clicked on the link at the top of the page for the latest firmware, but that downloads the Firmware for the TH swicthes.
Just noticed you have another Firmware for the POW switches. I have installed the POW firmware (version:2.0.3) and W,A and V are now showing.

However, I now cant get them to stay on for more than about 30 seconds before they switch off again.
Yet the Auto Off time is set to 0 (Disabled)
Even if I set the auto off time to 65536 it swicthes off after appeox 30 seconds !

Any ideas ?

I wonder if some of the settings for the TH are causing issues. Can you try resetting the device? Plug it in and hold the physical button down for about 25 seconds.

What do I need to do after the reset ?

Connect it back to your wifi and then hit “configure” in the SmartThings app.

I seem to be having trouble getting it to reset.
It just comes back on again with the old config.

Should anything happen after 25 seconds ?
Do the lights flash or anything to indicate it’s reset ?

Also when it goes off after 30 seconds, it looks like it is rebooting itself.

It should flash the LED 5 times quickly (if I remember right). Are you using linux/macos/ or windows to do the initial flash. I believe there is a way to clear the flash from the esptool.

I am flashing them from Windows.

The light doesn’t flash when holding the button - It just stays on.

From what I can tell the problem starts as soon as I flash the Sonoff POW firmware and set the device type to Sonoff POW

When I switch it on the unit seems to lock up and reset itself after about 20 seconds.

I think I need to try and clear the flash somehow.

Can anyone point me to SonoffTH file that supports the DS18B20 please.

I’ll see if I can replicate it.

@Flash https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/tree/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-th-wifi-switch.src

Thanks for reply. I thought you had produced a version for the DS18B20 sensor that if you go into advanced settings on ota update you can select which sensor you want. None of the files I have tried give that option.

The link I posted is the correct one. After you flash it, go to /advanced and there is a “Sensor Type” option that lets you select which sensor is connected.