[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

You say all sonoff devices are these all the ones listed or all as in dual and 4 chan etc

Thank you:-) I will check this out when I got home.

I was going to post if we can introduce some delay after boot and before scanning for wifi, this would give time for the wifi to come up. But since ytou have already worked something up, will try the same.

Is the firmware link in the OP or github ?

can I do ip/update of this firmware ?

EDIT: downloaded from github and did a web upload. Thanks for the great work !

Just the devices that are currently supported.

Funny thing so did I but all my setting on my Soniff TH where fine.

Is it possible to flash this firmware update via the web interface from the previous verison of the firmware or do I need to bust out my FTDI adapter?

I also wonder on this.

Not so sure how I update Device handler also, when I logon into IDE and open Device Handler and press EDIT, there is a UPDATE button, is that the correct way to update device handler?
Or do I need to Copy And paste the new code?

also, do I need to flash all my Sonoff, if I can upload from web (IP) , where do I download the latest file?

thank you :slight_smile:

I know this one. Just copy and paste the new code over the old and click save.

What about the Sonoff devices ?

And I dont know where to find the new code.

@erocm1231 I am really impressed with the work you have done on both SONOFF and H801 devices. I am using both on my current setup. They are fast and reliable. Good Job!

I do have one request thoughā€¦ I have some old ESP-01 boards laying around and I was wondering if it is possible to add an option in your SONOFF firmware where we could change the GPIO for the relay. This little board only provides GPIO0 and GPIO2, but the SONOFF uses GPIO12 for the relay (please correct me if I am wrong).

Let me know your thoughts and if this is feasible.

Thanks for all your time and effort you put on this.

@erocm1231 with the sonoff basic, the toggle for gpio14 works for me when just trying to short with gnd using a jumper wire, momentary does nothing. Toggle will work for me. Thanks again for the awesome work !

Look in OPā€™s github repo.

I tried to search for his username on github. But couldnā€™t find him ?

Gathering tools to hack my sonoff wifi switch.
Any other options beside soldering the pins?

Found this! Anything else?

Is this one ok? Read about some fake ones.

Thanks

Hi

I would love to check out the updates, but where can I find the Updated file for sonoff, and where is the updated DH ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Never mind :slight_smile: I found itā€¦
Thank you.

Anyone able to help?!

Iā€™ve a 3 phase incomer, I was using a energy solution from OWL (intuition-lc) before smartthings, which has any way stopped working in a lightning strike. So Iā€™m looking for a solution to monitor my electrical usage.

Just a thought: why can I not splice one sonoff POW in each of the phase connections ? that should give me ability to switch on/off each phases + energy monitoring ? Has anyone tried this ?

@erocm1231 I upgraded 2 sonoff with this new basic firmware, they are working fine, then after a day, I flashed 6 more sonoff with the latest firmware, got them connected to smartthings, powered down, spliced them between the load, powered up, working, then power cycle and they loose their settings, moreover, they would either not allow to connect with their sonoff_mac SSID with ā€œconfigmeā€ or they would not obtain IP, even manual IP does not work. Got this issue with 3 devices so far.

EDIT: Another sonoff did the same thing, when flashed and powered with the CH340 adapter, adapted to smartthings, it was working fine, as soon as I moved it to mains, it dropped from my network and showed sonoffMAC SSID, this time it let me connect to it and associate it with my network, it took an IP, Iā€™m able to ping it, but it still broadcasts the sonoff SSID. WHen I open http IP of sonoff, it shows me wifi association config page, I again entered the credentials and it reported with below:

File Not Found

URI: /wifisave
Method: GET
Arguments: 2
 s: mynetwork
 p: mypass

I do not understand this behaviour.

EDIT: after writing this post, when I browsed its IP again, it shows me the main page, I guess the wifi setup is not saved, so I did a web update of the firmware, lets see. But same thing is happening with half of my devices.

I had the factory reset function tied to GPIO 14 in addition to the push button (which probably isnā€™t a good idea of toggle switches are connected). Iā€™ve removed it and posted a new firmware.

Looks like that was it, flashed one of those having issues, and now working okay. Thanks.