[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Thanks, I tried for 3 hrs, it seems simple for others, should not be so impossible for me to do. :slight_smile:

I’ve nothing else connected to the PC at the time.

EDIT: Another clue, I tried the flash.cmd to flash the generic firmware in the zip to the link given by you, flashed successfully, but still no SSID.

EDIT: Downloaded R100 from below link and using the instructions there flashed the same, still no go.
https://smartlifeautomated.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/sonoff-wifi-switch-smartthings/

I guess, either I’m doing something wrong, or the new sonoff has changed something.

EDIT: Flashed the generic one from below, still no SSID.
http://www.letscontrolit.com/downloads/ESPEasy_R120.zip

Same issue here with SONOFF TH10, runs through flash with no problems but that’s it, no AP created, no LED indications. If button press both led come up and relay flips.

[UPDATED] - erocm123 - Your ESPEasy_R100 took ok and broadcasted SSID

[Updated AGAIN] – Flashed after getting R100 to take it then took SonoffTH.ino.generic.bin just nulls for temp / humity

Hi. Any luck on getting the sonoff dual to work with ST hub? Got a few of those for my exterior roller shutter. Would like to link them with ST. Thanks

Hi Eric, I have managed to use one of my Sonoffs inside my gang box. I removed the plastic shell and used a large shrink tube to isolate it. I have converted a regular switch to work as a momentary one and it works okay, however, the switch action is not that smooth (sometimes triggers, many times not) and I would like to use the change of state of GPIO 14 and regular latching switch.
You mentioned that this is just a one line code change, any plans to implement it? That would save me from my wife complaining that she wants me to put the old switch back again.

I did add it some time ago, but it doesn’t looked like I uploaded the file. I’ll upload it now.

@phealt Tonight I grabbed a new TH16 (that I purchased a few months ago) and flashed it with the bin on github. The SSID came right up. What temp sensor are you using.

For those that are having problems with the original Sonoff, I just realized I haven’t posted an updated firmware for that for a few months. I thought maybe I uploaded a bad version or something but that can’t have been the case.

Using Arduino (Generic ESP8266 / 80 Mhz / 40 Mhz / DIO / 115200 / 1M (SPIFFS) / CK / Disabled / None on Com6) I flashed a generic blink & join wifi scketch from here:

The sonoff, booted, joined the wifi, and started blinking fine. So the device is working, which means I’m not doing any error in flashing.

EDIT 1: Tried with your latest bin file below, still no go. I’m clueless. But looks like flashing sketches with Arduino works.

EDIT 2: Uploaded ESPeasy src sketch, instructions from below:
http://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorial_Arduino_Firmware_Upload

post that, I’m getting the below output on serial monitor with no response from the sonoff:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(1,6)

wdt reset

EDIT 3: tried re-flashing your bin file with the cmd, just increased the verbose to vvv , now I think it shows the same error that came up with arduino:

starting app without reboot
            espcomm_send_command: sending command header
            espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
            espcomm_send_command: receiving 2 bytes of data
                    espcomm_send_command: received 2 bytes:
                    0x01
                    0x06
                    espcomm_send_command: response 0x20120707
    closing bootloader
            flush start
            setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms
                    flushed 0 bytes
            setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
            flush complete

Sensor probably is the issue DS18B20 I see that earlier it was said it is not compatible. FLASHING hasnt been an issue since the three initial tries, not sure what was the problem but now I can flash and or update over the air.

Thanks, will download and flash it now.

Just flashed the updated firmware, but it doesn’t work.
When I short GPIO14 to ground it would turn the relay on only if I touch it briefly.
If I make a good contact, it will not do anything. Once the relay is on, if I remove the connection of GPIO14 to ground, nothing happens.

Well, I’m loosing my patience with these, I tried flashing a Sonoff TH (bought 2 along with 10 sonoff generic) today, that too is flashing but does not work. The sonoff TH16 is V2.

This is how my sonoff generic looks like:

Have u flashed it with the correct firmware?
sonoffTH. image this should be put in the same folder as the flash tool. When you load the flash info for sonoff from Eric’s discription where u have to change the com port i also had to change the sonoff.ino to sonoff TH ino generic image which allowed it to select sonoff

Yep, I’ve flashed the correct firmware.

Ok so u say it doesn’t work in what way ?
Are you able to connect it to your wifi network?

No SSID, no button, no LED. Pls see post [RELEASE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Ok beyond me I’m afraid being a novice just flashed mine with Eric’s setup

I did receive a bum one once, wifi would not stay right out of the box using the SONOFF default firmware. Was it working with the factory firmware?

Ya… using the unsupported DS18b20, of course the ESP Easy works…

Just a quick heads up for those of you that have Sonoff TH16 and Sonoff POW.
https://www.itead.cc/blog/sonoff-th16-and-pow-recall-notice
There is a recall on newer ones (maunfactured dec 16/ jan 17), they overheat slowly when under heavy load.

2 Likes

Great catch! Thanks for letting everyone know!

Yep was working with original firmware, also worked with a simple sketch that joins WiFi and blinks led, as posted few posts above. The problem is flashing it with any Ver of easyesp.