[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Have you checked your settings on NodeMcu to make sure they’re right.
How are you attaching the header pins ? Are they soldered on or you holding them in place.
They may have flashed fine the first time so try resetting the wifi by giving the switch some power and then hold the button down for 20 seconds , then disconnect the power and back again and check your WiFi to see if it appears.

I remember once a switch taking ages to appear on a WiFi scan so sometimes try waiting a little longer.
My post from a while back may help

These fit nicely into the board instead of soldering or holding them in place. They have a standard banana plug on the end. FYI also they are very sharp. Also works to flash that goofy ESP8285, just takes 2 people one to hold the pins and the other to push flash.

1 Like

Thank you Steve. After a couple more tries I was able to get NODEMCU to flash successfully. I am holding them in place. But still no luck with any access point showing up. = (
I tried powering it (via mains) and holding the button down for 20+ seconds, unplugging, plugging in… waiting for hours. Nothing.

Thank you!!!

I am using this image, this is the one I should be using correct? (from the main post)
https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/raw/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-wifi-switch.src/Sonoff.ino.generic.bin

NEVER MIND!!!
I realized I didn’t have the SPI MODE set to DOUT per the instructions… I flashed it again like that, held down the button for 20+ seconds… and there was LED activity. It came back from the dead. About a minute later the access point showed up!!!
Sonoff-a-beach! It’s a miracle!!! Thanks everyone! =D
I was just about to give up on this.

1 Like

Ah nice one :grin:
I have 2 spare of these just can’t think of anything useful to use them on yet.
I’ve stopped using them on lamps now as I prefer IKEA bulbs.

Hmmm… which IKEA bulbs (TRÅDFRI?) ?
Why do you prefer them?
Thanks!

I must admit I quite like the Ikea bulbs too. Not quite as smooth fade off as the hue but for the price they are amazing.
Just a shame they don’t do bayonet fittings so you have to have an adaptor which makes them too long/ugly and they don’t do the e14 candle ones anymore as they had quality issues. I love the GU10 ones though. Fitting them in my kitchen £7 each! can also pair them with the Hue system or with ST.

Cant beat the Sonoffs though for things like heaters! I have one on a heater, one on a rope light in the roof of my conservatory, one on a led strip light in a radiator cover (that looks brilliant!) and one connected to a security light. Basically all in places where the Ikea bulbs won’t go

1 Like

Yeah the Tradfri ones.
Its mainly because I can dim them so 50% in a morning etc.
Also the sonoffs aren’t on show as they’re are a bit ugly aren’t they when they’re hanging down from the lamp wire.

@loonass Does that mean your Ikea lights now all run locally via the hue hub?

yeah. they can. I have only just started playing with them at the moment and have connected one to hue reasonably easily. I’m not entirely sure but I think you have to have a remote to be able to pair it although this might be just a coincidence.
If you have the hue lights app you can activate touchlink to add these but I found I had to activate the pairing on the dimmer remote before the bulb showed up on touchlink. Once that was done the bulb just appeared like every other bulb in hue app.
Just google tradfri with hue and you will find quite a few results.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with you about the smoothness when dimming.
I’ve not bothered with the GU10 ones as I didn’t want 4 devices showing for what is essentially one light.
If they ever let you you hide devices I will do.

Bought some more tradfri today and they actually have the e14 candles back in stock (well, I say that, I picked up the last one!) have been trying to pair them with Hue bridge but it is very hit and miss with the hue light app for IOS. I found another tool that works better for pairing them https://huetips.com/lamp-finder/

1 Like

Has anyone found out how to fix the constant dropping of IP address?? I have a TH16 that always drops off and really need it to stay stable.

to say im struggling here is an understatement, basically iv bought two sonoff basics that have been preflashed with tasmota , i have connected them to my wifi and then i can log into the sonoff page,i have two on ip 0.62 and 0.63 . i can toggle the power on and off , now iv installed the above device handler and the smart app and have tried searching for the sonoff switchs via the app… nothing is found, if i input the ip address manually it doesn’t work either, i had managed to get some form of smart app to get it to talk to the sonoff but the status wouldn’t change from on to off so i didnt know the stat it was in,

im really struggling with this any help would be great

thanks

This device handler / smart apps requires its own firmware (not tasmota) to work. See the first post for the firmware.

I have actually found the best thing to do is set the devices with static IPs and then remove this Smartapp.
Only issue being you can’t actually remove it so I just deleted everything out of the code and republished it. Since doing that none of my 4 sonoffs have dropped and it has been about 2 weeks now.
It appears that the smartapp gets confused every now and again and updates the DTH with an IP of 0.0.0.0 this is what causes the devices to drop off. I first tried just making them all static (as someone else here suggested) but still had the issue occasionally. Once I disabled the smartapp, everything just worked.

only issue is, if I want to add more devices then I will have to re-enable the smartapp, add the devices and disable it again. Just make sure all the IPs are correct before disabling the smartapp, if any are 0.0.0.0 then just wait until they are updated correctly then do it.

1 Like

That worked, its been 24 hrs and still connected. I was lucky to have a couple hours before. Thanks loonass.

@erocm1231, is there a fix in the works?

http://smartlife.tech/blog/2016/04/21/sonoff-wifi-switch-smartthings

Your blog originally had instructions to use the ESP Easy firmware, is that still possibly to to use with your Sonoff device handler and Smartthings App?

I have your firmware on a Sonoff S20 and that should work well, but I would like to maybe use some other ESP Easy firmware devices with my smarthings hub if I can.

Cheers might try that myself as I’ve just setup a New SonoffTH that stopped reporting temp/humidity but it never dropped but this new one has done it a couple of times now.
What are you guys using the SonoffTH for ? I’m using mine in my son’s Vivarium for his gecko but struggling to find the best position for the probe.

Growing weed. God bless the true north strong & free!

1 Like