[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Im lost, Ive bee dealing with this sense Sunday. None of my Sonoff work with any thing related to smarthings-webcore nope ,Actiontiles nope.The work fine with alexa and hassio and in the tasmota web interface.All my wemoes and bulbs work so. The only thing i did was update 2 switches to tasmota 6.2 but why would that scew up the rest.all was working great sunday morning.

You need to reflash them with the firmware above tasmota isnā€™t for SmartThings.

Iā€™ve been using the tazmota Hue emulator for one year with no problems it looks like it was a SmartThings issue because I just got a update and now some of them are working after I spent all day yesterday wiping everything. And reinstall .

Hi @eroc1231 , are there any plans to release a software update for POW R2; currently works, but get no results of any usage stats such as voltage or amps etc

{ā€œpowerā€:ā€œonā€, ā€œuptimeā€:ā€œ0:2:45ā€, ā€œWā€:ā€œ0.00ā€, ā€œVā€:ā€œ0.00ā€, ā€œAā€:ā€œ0.00ā€}

I assume its due to the pin configuration change from POW to POW R2 as per

1 Like

Did you find any resolution to this problem. I am having the same issue with my Sonoffs. IP = 0.0.0.0 but i can control them through my browser just fine.

Mine are flashed with ESP Easy, latest version.

Hi All , @eroc1231
First , want to say your work here is highly appreciated, keep up the good work, thx alottttt :slight_smile:

I managed to install ,on a Sonoff POW V2 (not R2), the latest firmware I could find in the Github page (ver 2.0.5), along with itā€™s device handler.
As far as communication, everything seems to work fine, I can turn on/off the switch with no issue
from smartthings app
There are 3 problems though:

1. I get unstable metering, specially power , regardless to the fact it is not accurate at all (30% less in avarage),
    the readings are fluctuating all over the place sometime 3 times the expected value and seldom even to
    more, when the load (consumption) is constant. I have tried it with all sorts of loads (12W, 60W ,etcā€¦) and
    the behavior was the same. I have tried different intervals other than the 60 sec, but didnā€™t see much of a
    difference as well(see an example below from Smrtthings log)
  2. Intermittently the Switch turns off with no reason even if the ā€œAuto offā€ is 0.
  3. After saving the settings in the Switch page on the Smartthings app, the sync cant be compelted , it remains
    with the orange dot, therefore the new settings are not updated. The work around I have found is using the
    firmware page on the web browser and update the configuration there.

Iā€™ll appreciate any help regrading the topics above
Thx alot

Hillel

P.S - btw, with Tasmota FW , the readings are stable , and power calibration is possible in case of deviation

1 Like

I was able to solve the problem by logging into each device and assign a static IP, and also reserve the IP on the router.

I did that this afternoon, and it seems to be working.

Thanks

Wowwwwww, I wouldnā€™t think this would solve the problem, Iā€™m impressed, it fixed the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks alottttttttttt man

Hillel

Hello
I had 2 sonoff 4ch and they work perfectly. I just bought 2 more but this time they are 4ch R2 (Not Pro).
I flashed them successfully with the same firmware but the devises do not create an access point to make the necessary configurations. Is there an other software version for 4ch R2 ?

What program did you use to flash it? ESPEasy or NodeMCU?
I had the same when I used ESPEasy. Did it with NodeMCU and it worked fine.
Check out Ericā€™s first post again. He has updated it with Kaiser_williā€™s post on how to use Node.

It baffled me for quite some time before I spotted that!

1 Like

Thank you very much loonass for your replay.
I did use ESPeasy.
After your post I did try NodeMCU to one of the two devices (I noticed that I had download it already on my pc so I am not sure which method I had used last time0).
While reading kaiser-willi post I noticed that I had skipped a step after flashing the device.

Iā€™v done this and both devices (The one programmed with NodeMcu and the one with the ESPEasy) work!
Thank you again for the help.

Hi guys,

Iā€™m seeing the same issue as a few before me, whereby my 2 new sonoff basics and an S20 seem to get updated with an IP of 0.0.0.0 and wonā€™t control properly from smartthings. Iā€™ve flashed with NodeMCU and ESPEasy as per instructions.

On my router itā€™s saying the authentication timed out:

ā€œMAC# is authenticated failed:authentication rejected due to timeout.ā€

This never happens with my older S20s or basics. The new ones are all flashed with the newest ā€œSonoff.ino.generic.binā€ (359 KB (368,160 bytes))

Iā€™ve got an older copy of the firmware ā€œSonoff.ino.generic.binā€ iā€™ll try and flash to the new ones to see if that resolves the issue (341 KB (349,296 bytes) ).

Thanks,

Patrick

Does anybody sell these regular sonoff wifi switches already flashed??? :joy::joy: This is kind of a P.I.T.A. for a noob lol.

They come with Sonoffā€™s firmware. I donā€™t think you could sell them modded like that. At least you wouldnā€™t be able to sell very many of them and make any kind of profit. It really isnā€™t that hard if you follow the instructions.

Not that hardā€¦ probably trueā€¦ but I scanned through many of the postings and quite a number of folk have spent hours upon hours, even days trying to get this to work! Itā€™s not worth that kind of time for me. I did flash two sonoff basics last night, ā€œflush completeā€. I plug them in, thereā€™s no sonoff access point, and they donā€™t even switch on anymore to control power. So Iā€™m in the troubleshooting club too. = ( Lol.

Okā€¦ Iā€™d appreciate any feedback here.
I flashed 3 sonoff basics doing my best to follow the instructions.
When powered on via VCC or mains, there is no Sonoff wifi access point showing up.
The sonoffs do not function to power anything now, the switch does not work. The only thing I am able to do is flash them again. I donā€™t know where to go from here.

I did also try to use the NODEMCU FIRMWARE PROGRAMMER utility mention in the main post as an alternativeā€¦ but that one didnā€™t make it past ā€œBegin find ESP8266ā€.

Thank you for any assistance!!!

Here is the flash output from esptool:
C:\Users\Excelsior\Desktop\SONOFF>esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM3 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
esptool v0.4.6 - Ā© 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
setting board to nodemcu
setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
setting port from COM1 to COM3
setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
espcomm_upload_file
stat Sonoff.ino.generic.bin success
setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
opening bootloader
resetting board
trying to connect
flush start
setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms
flush complete
espcomm_send_command: sending command header
espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
flush start
flush complete
espcomm_send_command: receiving 2 bytes of data
espcomm_open
Uploading 368160 bytes from Sonoff.ino.generic.bin to flash at 0x00000000
erasing flash
size: 059e20 address: 000000
first_sector_index: 0
total_sector_count: 90
head_sector_count: 16
adjusted_sector_count: 74
adjusted_size: 04a000
setting serial port timeouts to 10000 ms
writing flash
ā€¦
starting app without reboot
closing bootloader
flush start
flush complete

What version are the sonoffs? (should say on the board).
I tried with some THs and spent days (yeah got to agree itā€™s really not straight forward for a newbie) trying to get it to work with ESPEasy only to give up and chuck them in a drawer.
I got a very similar output from esptool too, says it is complete but nothing worked.
Once I read about NodeMCU I went through that and it worked (although not straight away).
I am convinced you are having the same issues I did and therefore think you should give up on esptool and use Node.
I remember node just didnā€™t seem to do anything for a while and it turns out I had done something stupid but I canā€™t remember for the life of me what it was I had done wrong.

When I remember I will post and let you know!

Hahah, thanks much!!
The board says ā€œSonoff Basic R2 V1.0ā€, ā€œ2017-10-11ā€, ā€œ: 803ā€. Is that what you were asking for? =D

Hmm, yeah thatā€™s it. My THs were V2.?? and I think something changed in the newer versions (Dout i think) that means you can no longer use esptool. if yours are V1 then that shouldnā€™t be the case but I donā€™t really know for sure.
I do have 2 basics that are V1 and I flashed those using Node and it was fine.
Still canā€™t yet remember what the stupid thing I did was though.

I realise this doesnā€™t help you much though.