[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Hi,

Have you tried to hold the button for a while to reset the Wifi settings? If you search above you will find what long press is for what use. You can reset the Wifi and you can reset all the settings too.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Gábor

Anybody working on a Sonoff IFan02? If this is added to the list of Sonoff devices working with ST I will be a happy camper! Much better price than the Hampton Bay products

So from everything I have tried I can only presume that the firmware Eric wrote doesn’t appear to work with a Sonoff TH10 Version 2.1 board. The flash seems to go well but then I get nothing from the son off. No SSID and the button does nothing. I have tried this with 2 units and 2 different FTDI boards. I have also tried the TH and the basic firmware just in case.
I can flash the unit with other firmware (such as Tasmota) but not this firmware. Can anyone else confirm this to be the case or at least tell me I’m a moron and I’m doing it wrong?

How do you know what version of Sonoff TH you have ?
I have the SonoffTH 10 with this firmware but mines been on for over a year but it works ok.
What program are you using to flash it?

Hi. I am getting the same. No “Next” button when adding new device. How did You solve this?

Having the same problem here. Sonoff Basic, ordered and received last week. I’ve flashed “successfully” with EspEasy, and used the Node technique as well. The result is the same: the sonoff does and shows nothing. The Sonoff-Tasmota flash worked on another Sonoff basic, but after adding to ST it only shows the “on” state.

With the actual time spent trying to get these cheap things to work (they work fine in their native app), I wonder if it’d be better to spend a little more for one that just works and spend my time doing other things. I enjoy the hacking and tinkering, but trying to sort through all the information out there is becoming more trouble than it’s worth (for me, anyways). I’ll still be looking for a solution because I can’t just quit lol!

1 Like

It says so on the board itself. Just above where you connect the header cable.
Using ESPeasy exactly as Eric explained at the start of this topic.

I believe now with the newer version of boards people are struggling to use Espeasy to flash.
So are now using NodeMcu flasher there’s links above or just Google it.
I did put some screenshots of the settings to use somewhere in the comments but there’s that many comments now :joy:

Hello All!

I’m going to use the Sonoff TH as a integration into my reef aquarium setup (Smartthings hub). I plan to use it to monitor temperature and then switch on/off my heater as needed (the heater has it’s own temp control and this is a redundancy).

As a secondary use I’d like to also use the TH as a control unit for my water top off system. My plan is to use a GPIO pin connected in parallel to float switches (redundancy) and the mains of the TH connected to the ATO pump to switch on and off as the water level rises and falls.

My question is can the Sonoff TH (flashed with this release) report temperature information from the external probe as well as allow me to hardwire the float switches to gpio at the same time? I’m not a programmer so modifying @erocm1231 's code is not something I can do.

Many thanks in advance!

David

I’m not sure that’s possible without changing code.
I’m no coder also :dizzy_face: but just looked at the settings on the smartapp and there’s no option to change to a GPO pin there’s
Temp or
temp& humidity
Or switch
Maybe if you changed to switch it would but then you would lose the temp readings.
Be interested to find out also

Hi @digiblur
I noticed a while back you was saying about adding a library into the current firmware to support the Si7021 Temp & Humidity sensor Here for the SonoffTH10 Here
Could you briefly point me in the direction of doing this as I’ve bought the wrong kind of sensors without checking so I thought I would look into it.
My very basic thinking is it’s something like decompiling the firmware and adding it into the folder?
If so can one used for Arduinos be used similar to This
Basically what program do I use on my PC to do this?
Thanks for any info.
Edit.
I think I’ve found a decent guide to help Here so will read through that have to find where Eric’s put his source code for the SonoffTH.

You would first need to get the code compiling and working of the current base. Then you’d have to add in the library then do the various pieces and branches for the actual temperature capture and configuration pieces.

1 Like

Thanks far more than what I thought :grin:
I’ve since bought another am2302 but the temp and humidity are only reporting “nan” and it’s fully plugged in.
I’ve updated the firmware to the latest version and reinstalled the device a few times.
I’m sure it’s something to do with the firmware or device and not the sensor as I’ve had this before and then all of a sudden it came back on.

Hello folks, would really appreciate some assistance here. I have about 25 Sonoff Basic devices hooked up to my ST V2 Hub. However, every day, 1 or 2 of these devices drop out randomly. I check my network from the router, and the device seems to be connected with an IP address, but on the ST app the IP address says 0.0.0.0. The devices is still listed as being ‘up’, and even reflects any state change I apply via the switch directly. Any help will be super valuable!

Hello, so i have a sonoff 4ch pro and a handful of Etekcity outlets, that I’ve flashed and have been using flawlessly for a couple months. However, I’ve noticed over the last week, these devices are running really slow now and not updating. anyone else having this issue? anything i should investigate? in the advanced configuration settings, i have made the IP address of the device static. I also tried using the auto off and set for 2 seconds, but it auto turns off at about 8 seconds and doesn’t update in smartthings. Open to ideas.

I’ve finally found time to try the NodeMCU method and I have had success. Took me a while as the .exe kept throwing up path errors until I dumped the entire folder on my desktop and ran from there!
But hey, success is success! Cheers for the help guys.

There has been a few guys asking about the SI7021 sensor now and I’d like to request this as well. If anyone (@erocm1231) is willing to try and get it to work then you are more than welcome to have my sensor. Its useless to me otherwise!

1 Like

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to add energy consumption over time (kWh) to the POW ?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Still no Sonoff RF Bridge support yet? Hope someone comes through on this soon. There’s support for existing wired alarm systems via Konnected.io, but nothing for existing wireless systems. This could fill the gap easily if you can pair all your old alarm sensors to the RF Bridge and then connect them to SHM in SmartThings.

yes some of my taz-sonoff arent working right i flashed to 6.2 and none of my automatons are working with then just in last 2 days. going mad here got a lot of time and money in the taz-sonoffs to work with st.

I think i found the issue with my system. I recently re did my wifi network and in doing so, added a wireless range extender in my garage. the ssid was the same as the router i was connecting my sonoff devices to. Perhaps it was getting confused on which to connect to and made them extremely slow. Anyways, i gave the extender its own ssid and the speed is back with the sonoff and etekcity outlets. I’m glad as the sonoff pro is being used to control my garage door and the wife’s tahoe controls. most of the inputs could be changed to utilize the inching controls of the sonoff pro, when the system was running slow, but i think i would have lost the auto start function due to the 2 timed button pushes required. anyways, all is back now. oh and the etekcity vesync outlets are cheap and also use the sonoff 4ch firmware. rather than the outlet now turning on and off as it did in its native state, i have control over the blue led, the physical button input, and the relay output. I have not yet figured out what Ch1 controls of the 4 channels, seems it doesnt do anything. anyways, allows for more customization when combined with webcore. example, physical button push triggers a timer to start. when timer is running, blue light is on. when timer is done, light turns off, etc. anyways, sorry for the rambling, hope get yours sorted.