[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Ignore me, just updated the FW and I see the option is there now :slight_smile:

You da man!

Nick

Me again. So the debounce makes things better but not perfect. I think the issue is caused more by the close proximity of the two sonoffs to each other as all was fine until I put them back inside the junction box. Now any switching (local or remote) of one sonoff seems to trigger the other one about 30% of the time.

I think adding a small capacitor to the switch lines might help, but I’m at our holiday home and don’t have any parts with me and they aren’t exactly easy to source around here.

I’m wondering if a pre-debounce would be an option - with a delay before switching the relay. My thinking is something along the lines of

if (!digitalRead(14)) {
    delay(200); // pre delay
      if (!digitalRead(14)) { // confirm switch is still on
      //do action
    }
  }

Obviously needs adjusting to work with toggle/momentary switches etc and fitting into your code.

Nick

pls Help

I have problems to control my sonoff devices.
My Configuration
flashed the sonoff (TH/TO/Basic/Dual) with one release in Mai 2017. Problem there, is there a open WLAN from my AP, they try to connect to this controller. So, i update in June 18 to the latest FW.
All works fine, IP-Adress via M-DHCP and the ST show the IP-Adress of the Sonoff.
Now, after 3 or 4 days, i can not control via Smartthinghub.
The devices are via IP-Adress reachable (via Browser) and i can switch them off and on.
But the ST doesn´t show the IP-Adress of the device, only “turning on” or “turning off”
Next step, I try to update th DH. In this case the first step for the TH. I copy & paste the .groovy and got an error-message:
Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_fee885ce_8dba_4b78_b051_dec90306a6c7: 1: unexpected token: * @ line 1, column 2. * ^ 1 error

Now. the DH is in edit state
What happend there?

Any ideas

THX
MikeXXL

Which smartapps do people use to trigger events based on the output of a Sonoff device?

I have a TH which is controlling a fan but none of the Smartapps I’ve tried seem to be able to pickup the temperature from the Sonoff smartapp and then send the on/off command to it.

Is there a guide to change or reset the units Wi-Fi config?

I got a new modem and haven’t figured out if there is an option short of reflashing it

Thanks

Hold the button in for about 20 seconds and the led should flag when you let go.
Then power off the device then back on and just go through the normal setup again for connecting WiFi.

How long does a Sonoff basic works?

In short time i have the 3rd basic Switch with no response. No led lightning, reset doesnt work.
Anyone with the same problems?

one works about one year, the other both only 3 month… :frowning:

I’m buggered. Trying to flash TH16. Here’s the log… Any ideas? All welcome, please???

C:\Users\intorcj\Desktop\Comp\ESPEasy_R120>esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM3 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
esptool v0.4.6 - (c) 2014 Ch. Klippel <ck@atelier-klippel.de>
        setting board to nodemcu
        setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
        setting port from COM1 to COM3
        setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
        espcomm_upload_file
        stat Sonoff.ino.generic.bin success
        setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
opening bootloader
resetting board
trying to connect
        flush start
        setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms
        flush complete
        espcomm_send_command: sending command header
        espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
        read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
resetting board
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
resetting board
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
        flush start
        flush complete
        read 0, requested 1
warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed

C:\Users\intorcj\Desktop\Comp\ESPEasy_R120>

Team’
having problems with flashing a SoNOFF T1 2 gang. I am able to Flash one gang but can’t get the other in to program mode. how do I set up the 2nd switch to go into program mode and install the smart things firmware?

c/p from my earlier post

UPDATE: Fixed: (Sonoff T1 US 2 and 3 gang)
Looks like i have 2 edit in “my Devices” and assign and mod the type to be “Sonoff 4ch wifi switch”. it doesn’t do it automatically.

now have 4 devices (1 parent, 4 Childs, deleted the last unused child) and can now control each relay individually as well as master control

Also, odd that flashing the 2 and 3 requires 2 different procedure (though no more soldering, just use your dexterity talent). (esp or nodemcu at 74880 is fine)
2 port - let it boot, hold touch button 1 (left most, then press momentary switch briefly and release both, wifi indicator will stop blinking)
3 port - let it boot, hold touch button 3 (Right most, then press momentary switch briefly and release both, wifi indicator will stop blinking)

I’m probably all alone on this issue but s31 using the basic sonoff firmware works BUT it loses ip occasionally on router reboot. fyi

I’d be interested in this also.

So i received mine today, opened it up, here is a few pictures:
New photo by Oliver Busch
New photo by Oliver Busch

Thank you very much for your reply. I have successfully loaded the sonoff 4ch smart switch bin and handler to my T1 2 gang sonoff switch and everything seems to be working but relay 2 turns off within 20 seconds of me pressing the touchpad or using smartthings app. I have gone thru the settings but nothing seems to fix it it. Any insight would greatly be appreciated.

I could really use your help.

I have successfully loaded the sonoff 4ch smart switch bin and handler to my T1 2 gang sonoff switch and everything seems to be working but relay 2 turns off within 20 seconds of me pressing the touchpad or using smartthings app. I have gone thru the settings but nothing seems to fix it it. Any insight would greatly be appreciated.

Hi,

I would like to confirm, that the standard Sonoff firmware works perfectly with the Slampher. The flashing is a bit tricky, as the button cannot be used for getting into flash mode. So the GROUND has to be wired to the pad of R20 (I have two old version, not the v2.0), just to enter into flash mode.
After flashing the Slampher the GROUND-R20 wire is still useful to hold it for 10+ seconds to reset the access point. (The device does not restart at the end of the flashing.)

I hope it helps for a few people who had any doubts about the Slampher.

Best Regards,

Gabor Szabados

PS.: I’ve used the esptool.exe for the flashing.

Hi Eric, This looks interesting, If you could do firmware for this would be great to turn my dumb fan cheaply into a smartthings fan. https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-ifan02-wifi-smart-ceiling-fan-with-light.html

Hello,

I have successfully flashed my sonoff basic and I am able to connect it to my wifi network, also I can reach configuration page via IP address, but unfortunately my smartthings app sonoff(connect) doesn’t find my switch, when I try to add using Manually add Device by adding IP manually, I get message "The device has been added. Press next to return to the main page, but in this step Next button is missing :frowning: How can I solve this issue?

1 Like

I found that when you scan for devices, it sometimes does not show, but where is says how many devices, if the total is correct,t then go to “next” and the device with its IP is shown, and tick the box.

This is confusing, as its only actually showing existing devices in its list but it has found it, when you go next.

At this time I am trying to connect my first sonoff switch so there is no other connected devices. When I press next app doesn’t find anything. Another interesting thing is that I am able to connect to switch and control it via IP address from my PC, but if I try to access same switch via phone (connected to the same wifi as PC) I can’t access it. Maybe it is same issue why my smartthings hub doesn’t see switch too?
This is my sonoff switch settings: