[RELEASE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

dth_lighting

(Barry Murphy) #1483

The Sonoff POW R2 which has a copper fuse rather than the one that would melt with even sub 16A is not reporting power stats. While i can control it on and off this version doesn’t appear to be obtaining any voltage, amps etc. Any ideas?

(Muthu Kalyan) #1484

After few days I flashed sonoff dual R2 with sonoff 4Ch pro firmware and now both relays are working and with an external toggle switches as well. It is an OK solution for now. Not sure what I am loosing in terms of functionality, but so for so good. Anyone aware of the method to create a firmwares for these sonoff switches and or update the original firmware for sonoff dual to support R2 versions?.

(Sean Rima (The Civvie)) #1485

I downloaded the bin files and tried flashing all my various sonoff. once restart with the led flashing
Seans-MacBook-Air:esptool seanrima$ sudo esptool.py --port /dev/tty.usbserial-00000000 write_flash -fm dio 0x00000 ~/Downloads/SonoffPOW.ino.generic.bin
esptool.py v2.4.0-dev
Connecting…
Detecting chip type… ESP8266
Chip is ESP8266EX
Features: WiFi
Uploading stub…
Running stub…
Stub running…
Configuring flash size…
Auto-detected Flash size: 4MB
Flash params set to 0x0240
Compressed 353440 bytes to 244766…
Wrote 353440 bytes (244766 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 21.7 seconds (effective 130.1 kbit/s)…
Hash of data verified.

(Sean Rima (The Civvie)) #1486

did not paste te last 2 lines

Leaving…
Hard resetting via RTS pin…

(Sean Rima (The Civvie)) #1487

Got my POW to flash, but for some reason the webport is set to 3 instead of 80 and the smart app doesnt find it

Hi Andrew, I tried espeasy several times and failed. Nodemcu works perferct from the OP above. I’m on win7 and have flashed sonoff basic and sonoff TH. Even tried tasmota, integration with smartthings is poor compared to Eric’s code & device handler.

(Max Tay) #1489

Anyone tried flashing Sonoff,T1 R2 US Touch Board wall switch (3-gang)?

(Gian Carlo Salvati) #1490

I did not found on this thread.

Do I need an Smartthing HUB to make this sonoff devices with this custom Firmware to work?

What is HA Controller?

(Darren) #1491

Hi,
I’m looking for some feedback for those using the Sonoff Touch Dual in the UK. I’m considering it for use with my bathroom which has a dual switch (one for the lights and one for the extractor fan). I’m already using the Basic and the S20’s without issues.

How are you getting on with the switch? Whats the good and the bad with it?

If bad, did you find another Dual Switch you would recommend?

Also for anyone with the switch, can the blue lights be turned off on it?

Thanks.

(Duy Hoàng) #1492

please help me flash sonoff T1?

(Duy Hoàng) #1493

i successfully connected sonoff pow. Using software smarthing clasic can be turned off/on ok. but if using Smart-Things (samsung connect) click on device error: “can not connect to device. check device and try again”. please help me!

Bad news
The new sonoff basic switches now comes with all the 5 pins soldered to prevent hacking

Just received 2 switches n found them all soldered
They must have found out that their products were being hacked

Bummer

(Steve ) #1495

I can’t see why they would want to stop people as they have probably sold far more units than they would have done if we were unable to flash them.
So it’s it one blob of solder on each hole? Or soldered all the way across.

It’s 1 blob of solder on each hole
I tried to desolder but not easy

(Steve ) #1498

How about temporary access underneath.
Is it possible to solder into our even hold in place.
I’m not planning on buying anymore Sonoffs now just curious.

(Maz) #1499

I recently ordered a few and they came with the pre soldered holes.
It will be inconvenient for users without soldering iron.
Dupont Wires with pins make life easier.
Apply a bit of solder on the opposite side of the holes and push the pin in from other side while heating the contacts.
A bit of practice but you will eventually get it.
No issues with flashing.

(Max Tay) #1500

Same here. It is a pain. Also the wall switch is now using ESP8285 chipset and not the ESP8266 chipset. Any update bin for the ESP8285 chipset? Thank you.

(Max Tay) #1501

Stuck now. The new Sonoff wall switch is now using ESP8285 chipset and not the ESP8266 chipset. Any update bin for the ESP8285 chipset? Thank you.

If only Smartthings support the Sonoffs

If only Smartthings support the Sonoffs