[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

I don’t think I still need that work around. All I did was multiple actions, pause, turn off, pause, turn off, etc.

Weird. I’m having issues having them respond. I have to go to each
individual light and hit refresh two times then off or on and it works.
Seems to go to sleep or not get a refresh/wake up signal. Still trying to
figure these things out.

Hi everyone

I m trying to connect sonoff in to my ST hub, fist i write an Eric firmware in my sonoff hardware using a given tutorial, apparently i write successfully, there is no Error message but, in my case, the new firmware dosen t create a Wifi signal and therefore i canot configure him.

I tried this things:
1 - click quickly on sonoff button
2 - click and hold button for some seconds(5s, 10s)
3 - Plug sonoff in power line after some seconds and seach for a wifi signal.

Its not worked.

Im glad if someone knows how to solve this.

Thanks

Try doing it via the NodeMcu way, the instructions are now pinned to the first post.

I had all those symptoms you are describing doing it the original way and using the NodeMcu way worked perfectly.

Agree use NodeMcu but to reset the WiFi hold the button for 20 seconds with the power on.

Hi all

Eric once again thanks for this.

I have just flashed a 4ch unit and added the DH and app some time ago. I have several basic sonoff switches actively running ok and the app see’s the new 4ch and adds it but upon saving I get error bad state unable to complete page configure issue.
Please can anyone advise?

I still have the issue other uk users have with ST ide showing a mix of no hub/location/apps/dh and I can’t seem to find any available updates to dh or app via ide.

Thanks in advance

Edit…
If I swap device type to wifi switch as opposed four channel then the app will save it and I can control the four relays in one go given it recognises it as a single switch.
The device is a four channel version two board and not a pro model etc

Last edit… all done!

The unreliability that is uk st ide showing a different amount of installed data on every refresh lead me to believe it had not lost my dh handlers for each sonoff device. Anyway it was kind enough to loose half of them but not all. Time I’ll never get back haha

Cheers anyway all sorted

As you were folks

Out of curiosity are you using Github integration? I have found some bugs with that, giving errors when doing some things, thigh it sounds like your problems are different… Have you tried setting the device ID’s to the ip:port (in hex) and scrapping the discovery smartapp completely?

I have the same issue with child device adding, did you get a answer?

Always experiencing GitHub int. issues in ide.

I solved my problem by simply re-adding the parent and child dh’s for the 4ch device. All good now cheers

I added the child code via raw text as usual and it now displays the device 5 times in the ST app under my devices. One is the device (master switch all on/off if you will) and then the 4 separate relays. All good now

I’ve given up with the 4ch. Would work faultlessly for a week and then stop responding. Suddenly it would start again.
Just too unreliable.
That and a single getting extremely hot and stopped working. Just as well it did. Might have caught fire it was that hot.
Not worth the risk IMO.

Can you share the instructions to using the raw txt, i’m very new to this
and still coming up to speed.
Thanks

I assume your single channel we’re in free air and not enclosed at all? I’m using the 4ch in an ABS enclosure in a shed so the air will be cooler and abs doesn’t burn as such. I’m thinking of using very fine mesh over vent holes if needs be. Only running led lighting at very low loads

In GitHub repo’s you view the code and click raw text button at top right of code box. Can help further if needs be. Google GitHub raw text. You cut and paste it into ST IDE when adding new smartapp or DH. Choose add via code top left

Hi, @erocm1231 could you please let us know where you published source code for Sonoff firmware? Many thanks for your work! Regards

@olegxp he never made it available. If you search this thread there was a discussion on this topic circa october 2017 (I think).

Thanks, that is how I had installed the child DH before. I did it again and
it worked perfectly this time. I guess if else fails just start over :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your reply. That is not very nice…

How do we know that he is not sending anything to himself, government or setup botnet over the internets? Poor behaviour, not community like… this is perfect example of poor community development.

@erocm1231 thanks, but not thanks.

All code was developed by him and he has done way more than LOADS to help the community, aside from this DTH, but also in tons and tons of other hardware and software. None of the devices ever send any data out apart from the SSDP/mDNS pings (which are required for discovery) and the status updates which are sent to whichever IP address you specify. Feel free to network sniff it yourself if you dont believe me. I know it would be great to be able to tweak the code and improve it in a couple of areas, but that’s a decision that for now is not open for debate.

I can’t seem to figure what I’m doing wrong here…

I have 2 sonoff basic wifi smart switches.
I followed the ESP easy flash video here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxV_zWvxbSE

Everything seemed fine and went just as the video explained/showed… until I attempted to find it’s wifi and set it up… no wifi signal seen???

anyone have this or can suggest what I screwed up on?? :slight_smile: